IGNORED

Wi-Fi Needed Inside Ag

Mrdc

Due to the ever increasing popularity in Smartphones my Internet coverage on my iPhone just completely dies from about 2.45 until the end of the game.

Would really like to see the club install some WIfi hot spots in the ground at the start of next season.

Due to the ever increasing popularity in Smartphones my Internet coverage on my iPhone just completely dies from about 2.45 until the end of the game.

Would really like to see the club install some WIfi hot spots in the ground at the start of next season.

Agree, at halftime I always try and log onto BBC Sport to check the scores, but it's as good as unusable. There is wifi around the ground, but it's encrypted. Trouble with making it open is all and sundry will stop near the ground to log on. Maybe open it during match times?

I have the same issue at most games i go to, when watching city its normally away games and takes ages to load up 1 web page on 3g. Although in contrast to that i was at accrington on saturday as clocking up last few grounds towards the 92 and with 1800 people there was working fine.

I have the same issue at most games i go to, when watching city its normally away games and takes ages to load up 1 web page on 3g. Although in contrast to that i was at accrington on saturday as clocking up last few grounds towards the 92 and with 1800 people there was working fine.

I go to quite a few non league games as I watch Bath if City aren't playing and have to say I've never had any trouble getting internet with only 1,000 or so people at the game. At City, however, it is a nightmare and basically pointless having a smartphone. It is very frustrating because one of the plus points of having an up to date phone is to keep in touch with scores, so to be denied that at the game is something that would be great to sort out.

Don't seem to have any problems logging onto BBC football web sites at Ashton Gate,possibly due the amount of "HOLES" in the stadium

BUT maybe due to amount of iron work in the knew grounds,I have problems logging onto BBC sport web sites

Things might change for me this week as we are being supplied with blackberry's,any advice or thoughts good or bad on blackberry handsets

Don't seem to have any problems logging onto BBC football web sites at Ashton Gate,possibly due the amount of "HOLES" in the stadium

BUT maybe due to amount of iron work in the knew grounds,I have problems logging onto BBC sport web sites

Things might change for me this week as we are being supplied with blackberry's,any advice or thoughts good or bad on blackberry handsets

Ashton Gate is fine until about ten minutes before kick off.

I personally really dislike Blackberrys, I find them really fidlley and horriible but then that's just my opinion.

The capacity/bandwidth required to have an open wifi network at AG would be huge. It'd be exactly the same situation as 3G, it'd grind to a halt.

When I try to get Internet on my iPod touch at AG if comes up with a few BCFC related names but they are blocked. Does anyone know the passwords?

They are internal ones for use by the press etc.

I agree with this but with current tech I don't think its possible you'd need one in each stand just to get a decent wifi signal and lets say 20% of the crowd have a smartphone thats around 2800 logging in at once it would create a bottle neck and you'd still get the rubbish service,

Things might change for me this week as we are being supplied with blackberry's,any advice or thoughts good or bad on blackberry

handsets

The 9300 and the 9800 torch are good blackberrys. I would keep away from the 8520 though. If it is a work one and is ran through a bes server your IT department could put a IT policy on to stop websites being viewed, I know ours does unless we request it to be removed. Overall I do like blackberrys good handsets.

This happens every time I go to the football. Also happened at Wembley when I was at the Carling Cup Final a few weeks back.

It is as if the networks limit the 3G coverage.

The 3G DNS servers are pathetically bad. While it doesn't improve things massively it does make a difference if you change them to more reliable ones.

This happens every time I go to the football. Also happened at Wembley when I was at the Carling Cup Final a few weeks back.

It is as if the networks limit the 3G coverage.

It's not that at all, I'd like to see anywhere cope with 60,000+ mobile phone signals all at the same time.

For what it's worth my phone works ok generally if I stand right down the front of the EE.

I think i might be too "old school" - when I'm inside a stadium I'm there because I like to watch a game.

I do my internet stuff at home... :D

But it's nice to know if the Gas are losing.

Anyway, as you are an old skool dude let me bring the following two websites to your attention: Facebrook and Twitter.

I'm told these are going to take off. Can't see it myself....

Wait for 4G to be introduced later this year, might see some improvement then.

You'll have to wait a bit longer than that I'm afraid, they're only just getting around to selling the rights (& frequencies) to the highest bidder!

Apparently they'll be using the old analogue TV frequencies, which is why it's taking such a long time to sort out.

You'll have to wait a bit longer than that I'm afraid, they're only just getting around to selling the rights (& frequencies) to the highest bidder!

Apparently they'll be using the old analogue TV frequencies, which is why it's taking such a long time to sort out.

Well, true, but it's the only definite date that's around yet :ph34r:

But it's nice to know if the Gas are losing.

Anyway, as you are an old skool dude let me bring the following two websites to your attention: Facebrook and Twitter.

I'm told these are going to take off. Can't see it myself....

Actually there are these devices about called radios. ;)

saying that mine has a built in fm radio, personally I don't know how the younger generation would have coped in the eighties, take away the pc, playstation etc and they're boreddddddddddddddd.

Ashton Gate is for Football, if you want to chat on Facebook etc stay at home on the net, like I have to.

Some of you don't realise how lucky you are.

As long as they stick to the ITU-R's original spec for 4G - because the US & Others are lying when they claim they have started to roll it out. I don't even think they are selling off the frequencies till 1st quarter of next year.

Archived