IGNORED

Play-Off Place.

Ryan_BCFC

Reading host Preston in tonights championship game.

If reading win we shall be 10 points behind, 11 if you cosider the goal difference. Which will seem a too big a challenge.

Currently we are only 7 points off, 8 if you consider the goal difference (3 wins) With 7 games left to play this season teams below and above us in the table.

we will need to win all or 6 out of the 7 to really mount a serious chase for the play offs, with other teams losing points, Anything is still possible.

Can we really do it ??????

Time will tell. COME ON YOU REDS. :englandsmile4wf:

If reading win tonight then its game over.

If they lose then the carrot is still left dangling. A win for us then a draw at weekend with reading forest then thats 5 points and then anything can happen.

Cant see anything other than 3 points for reading tonight though.

Have to agree with that. A Reading win (which I think many forgot they were playing tonight, including me when looking at being 7 points off the play offs after Saturday) would pretty much be the nail in the coffin for any play off hopes. Even if Preston were to pull a surprise win out of the bag then its still unlikely.

Just remember one thing.... its a funny old game!

Have to agree with that. A Reading win (which I think many forgot they were playing tonight, including me when looking at being 7 points off the play offs after Saturday) would pretty much be the nail in the coffin for any play off hopes. Even if Preston were to pull a surprise win out of the bag then its still unlikely.

Just remember one thing.... its a funny old game!

Preston still believe they can get out of there, if they win tonght they have 2 six pointers against Donny and Sheff Utd and a game against Ipswich who are/will be safe. I hope they don't make it because it may make it harder to get Billy Jones, but as long as they believe it they will be trying their hardest tonight.

However, the trouble at looking at this from a City point of view is that we get very blinkered. People are discounting, Forest, Millwall, Burnley, Watford, Hull Leicester and Portsmouth who are all better placed to take advantage of any slip ups than we are. You have to imagine that at least 1 maybe 2 of those clubs will string a few results together as well, although we do have to play 3 of them so we could still have a say. Personally I think we will be 6-8 points short of making the play offs.

If they lose then the carrot is still left dangling. A win for us then a draw at weekend with reading forest then thats 5 points and then anything can happen.

Its game over anyway.

Hats off to Millen and co for getting out of the sh*t they put themselves in but talk of play-offs is pretty laughable. Even if we won everyone of our remaining games, I still dont think it would be enough

I'm sure Swansea thought the same thing at the weekend!

Of course it is unlikely, but it is massive credit to everyone involved that we are even able to discuss this, after all that has gone on with upheaval and injuries this season.

We can live in hope, try and do what we can and see where that has us with 2/3 games remaining!

Always Believe! :laugh:

:englandsmile4wf:

Funny how people will write us off if Reading win tonight - like it all comes down to one game.

If Reading lose tonight but win the next game, will they still write us off? No? Well if Reading win tonight then lose the next game it will be the same points total.

We simply have to win all remaining games to stand a chance. And, personally, I think we have no chance.

Funny how people will write us off if Reading win tonight - like it all comes down to one game.

If Reading lose tonight but win the next game, will they still write us off? No? Well if Reading win tonight then lose the next game it will be the same points total.

We simply have to win all remaining games to stand a chance. And, personally, I think we have no chance.

not to mention the other 7 teams between us and the playoffs.

Well our run of results has been hugely impressive - I was on here a few months ago saying our survival chances depended on there being 3 worse teams than us, but that was always on the basis that I didnt know how Maynard would do when he came back. I figured it might take him a while to get back into the swing of things, which would see us in trouble, but he has obviously made the difference.

As for the play offs, we are top of the form table, so we certainly have some momentum going into the last batch of games, but I think with the other clubs also busting a gut to get there, some of them will pick up more points than we can make up, and we will run out of games. At least it gives up some encouragement going into next season though.

if it was 9 games or even 8 games to go we would of had an outside chance,

7 is just not enough games we need the teams above us all to screw up its asking too much,

if we manage to get it down to 4 points with say 5 or 4 to play then we can start dreaming again,

to many if's and buts tho'

Nice thought however

As far as I'm concerned it gets the players buzzing and it's about trying to continue that form into next season . Hopefully we can get some great results and leave the players chomping at the bit to get back to preseason training, playoff talk can only wet there appetite for promotion NEXT season!

Only difference is if Preston win tonight the 3 points is going to a team not in the playoff shake up, and it's also a psychological boost for us going into the Barnsley game knowing were only 7 points behind and not 10.

I don't think we have much hope of doing it, but if preston do win tonight, there's half a chance that come 5pm saturday that the gap could be 5 points.

It would then make the game against Millwall a massive one for both.

Let's try to keep it alive for as long as possible and pack the Gate for the last 3 homes games of the season!

Well our run of results has been hugely impressive - I was on here a few months ago saying our survival chances depended on there being 3 worse teams than us, but that was always on the basis that I didnt know how Maynard would do when he came back. I figured it might take him a while to get back into the swing of things, which would see us in trouble, but he has obviously made the difference.

As for the play offs, we are top of the form table, so we certainly have some momentum going into the last batch of games, but I think with the other clubs also busting a gut to get there, some of them will pick up more points than we can make up, and we will run out of games. At least it gives up some encouragement going into next season though.

Of course its all down to Maynard and nothing to do with MIlly. Its never nice being proved so wrong is it.

Dont shoot me,

Forest host Reading at home at the weekend, A win for Forest would see them join Reading on 63 points.

If city win We shall be 7 points off them, Make that 8 because of goal difference, ( 3 wins )

With Millwall, Forest & hull to play, We could catch up ground on these teams.

The table is still tight. Anything could happen yet. We shall just have to sit back and watch it all unfold.

Mayb the final game of the season against Hull could decide if we make the play offs or not. How nice would that be :englandsmile4wf:

Keep doing what your doing Boys and show everyone who BRISTOL CITY FOOTBALL CLUB are !!!!!!

I shall stay Confident untill the points say otherwise. Even if it does seem unlikely.

Archived