IGNORED

And Most Exaggerated Misleading Headline Goes To...

hinsleburg

Basicly he hates Britains fastest growing major city, he hates scoring, he hates fans who love him but most of all, he hates our accent. He is surely in hell

The plea is a he?

Anyways, its just the media filling space. So Maynard supported Arsenal as a boy, and has ambitions to play in the top flight...umm where is the story there exactly?

Hardly a come and get me plea is it? A come and get me plea coungers imagines of a damsil in distress chained up in the Tower at the evil barons castle oooohh, SAVE ME!, SAVE ME! The Evil Baron Von Millen and his horde of Celtic ruffians doth torture me, tis true!

:( sorry but I think you are all sticking your heads in the sand and ignoring the truth of the matter - He wants to play higher level therefore wants out - who can blame him :no:

I don't think anybody's doing that and nobody thinks we're definitely going to keep hold of him.

People are just commenting on the way a nothing remark can be spun into something far more extreme by the media.

The good news is that I've always wanted to play for Bristol City and will be issuing a "come and get me" plea to Keith Millen.

:( sorry but I think you are all sticking your heads in the sand and ignoring the truth of the matter - He wants to play higher level therefore wants out - who can blame him :no:

Wanting to play at a higher level and wanting out are two totally different things, there is only one level higher for us, the Prem. We have the same ambition is Maynard in getting there.

Bottom half prem clubs cant afford him and i doubt he would want to join them tbh, prem or no prem. So you are looking at top 6 prem clubs and maybe some big mid tables ones. Lets not forget he is not for sale, and we can refuse every bid, no matter who from.

Would Maynard get key player at a top 6 prem club, prolly not, still learning, wont be happy on the bench, and what club would pay a staggering amountt to prize him away, £25m.

Must, have to get him signed up, jesus christ, its hitting how badly we have to sign him up, i think he will sign, its in the clubs and his best interests, for a shot together at the big time, he is special, lets do this!

Hopefully this means Arsenal are the team he dreams of playing for and otherwise he would be happy to stay with us!

I can't see Arsenal being interested for a number of reasons...

1) He is 24 (i think) - they usually sign youngsters and breed them the arsenal way, unless they are established european stars.

2) He has not proven himself at the top level -yet.

3) He has now had 2 major injuries. Appears to have recovered well from both, but indicates he could be slightly fragile.

4) He is English!

Maynard is no fool, he knows how good he is and how him not signing will affect us fincially.

I'm sure CS will offer a very nice deal with a clause that we will let him talk to a big club if one comes in IE ARsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea etc.

Thats how it will happen, i'm sure it has to , CS make it happen dude!

Maynard is no fool, he knows how good he is and how him not signing will affect us fincially.

I'm sure CS will offer a very nice deal with a clause that we will let him talk to a big club if one comes in IE ARsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea etc.

Thats how it will happen, i'm sure it has to , CS make it happen dude!

One thing is for sure..............it's a tough first for CS.............talk about jumping in at the deep end...........his whole tenure could start on wrong foot if it goes titsoop

I agree with whats been said by a few above. I think he will sign but with a big release fee clause in the contract. It's bog standard in Spain and the likes where even Ronaldo has a £300m release fee or something in his contract.

I expect Maynard to sign for anything upto 4 years with something like a £10m release fee in the contract and bonuses if he scores X goals or gets called into an England squad etc.

One thing is for sure..............it's a tough first for CS.............talk about jumping in at the deep end...........his whole tenure could start on wrong foot if it goes titsoop

I know CS pretty well, he is a good man and ideal for Chairman. Agreed though, this is a big test for CS and Km proving to our top players to stay here and push.

It is a massive test for CS. Though whether he is successful or not is only slightly down to him. Nicky Maynard must have spent a lot of time thinking about his career for the 6 months he was injured. He would have been talking to his agent who in turn would have discussed Nicky's plans with a number of contacts at EPL and other Championship clubs. They will have an idea of what these clubs are willing to pay him and pay for him.

In our favour is Nicky's relatively advanced age - 24. He will want to get to the Premier League this summer. He will want to secure his financial future. He has had 2 bad injuries already so will be fully aware of the potential disaster for him should he decide to 'do a Beckford' and then get injured. For this reason, I think he will go in the summer. In turn, we don't want to risk him 'doing a Beckford' as we will lose a huge transfer fee. We will be happy for him to go for the right price. Our austerity drive will mean our contract offer isn't good enough so his transfer fee will depend on the number of interested parties. The likes of QPR, Newcastle, Bolton, Everton, West Brom, Fulham, Wolves, Cardiff (should they go up) may all be interested.

In a way I hope he goes. It would make a massive difference to our finances, which will mean we are more stable ongoing. I trust Millen's judgement and feel we will improve next year come what may as he now has a clear idea what we need to improve and has probably identified his targets.

It is a massive test for CS. Though whether he is successful or not is only slightly down to him. Nicky Maynard must have spent a lot of time thinking about his career for the 6 months he was injured. He would have been talking to his agent who in turn would have discussed Nicky's plans with a number of contacts at EPL and other Championship clubs. They will have an idea of what these clubs are willing to pay him and pay for him.

In our favour is Nicky's relatively advanced age - 24. He will want to get to the Premier League this summer. He will want to secure his financial future. He has had 2 bad injuries already so will be fully aware of the potential disaster for him should he decide to 'do a Beckford' and then get injured. For this reason, I think he will go in the summer. In turn, we don't want to risk him 'doing a Beckford' as we will lose a huge transfer fee. We will be happy for him to go for the right price. Our austerity drive will mean our contract offer isn't good enough so his transfer fee will depend on the number of interested parties. The likes of QPR, Newcastle, Bolton, Everton, West Brom, Fulham, Wolves, Cardiff (should they go up) may all be interested.

In a way I hope he goes. It would make a massive difference to our finances, which will mean we are more stable ongoing. I trust Millen's judgement and feel we will improve next year come what may as he now has a clear idea what we need to improve and has probably identified his targets.

Lets not kid ourselves, Maynard has a year to run on his deal, there is no way we could hold out for anything more than £5m imo, that's not massive, that's a massive LOSS!

I like Nicky and I would not want to stand in his way of a dream move to a top PRem CLub, and imo he will get there, he is still young and learning, but Christ he's good already. You say his advanced age? at 24? You are making me feel reaaaallly old.

Championship Clubs?? There is noway in the world we would sell Maynard to a champ club and no way Maynard would even considering moving down/sideways. If Maynard really wanted to go he would need to hand in a request and I#m certain Maynard is not that type of player to start behaving like that. I'm quietly confident Maynard will sign a new deal before the season end, it would be a hugh boost going into the new season.

You hope he goes? What in your opinion is a price we could command that would make a massive difference to our finances and on the pitch>? Do you think players like Maynards grow on trees?? :laugh: I wish.

Archived