IGNORED

The Racism At Millwall Thread

Slave to the rhythm

I cannot believe that the thread discussing the alleged racism and toilet trashing at Millwall has been locked!

For ****'s sake, this is exactly the kind of topic which should be discussed on this forum.

Please unlock it so that those of us who feel that they have something to add to the thread can do so.

For the record, I echo the original poster's sentiments that people who think it's fun to smash up toilets are wrong in the head. If any forum member knows who did that mindless act then please do the right thing and disown them as your friends. Don't hang around with tw_a_ts like that.

The thread descended into a slanging match within a few posts - is that difficult to see?

Been out for an hour or two so didn't see the offending posts. Surely just those posts could have been deleted.

Less work to remove the thread though I guess.

I cannot believe that the thread discussing the alleged racism and toilet trashing at Millwall has been locked!

For ****'s sake, this is exactly the kind of topic which should be discussed on this forum.

Please unlock it so that those of us who feel that they have something to add to the thread can do so.

For the record, I echo the original poster's sentiments that people who think it's fun to smash up toilets are wrong in the head. If any forum member knows who did that mindless act then please do the right thing and disown them as your friends. Don't hang around with tw_a_ts like that.

If this ever goes to court solicitors on both sides, prosecution or defence, would not want anything put on an open forum that could jeopardize a case and advice has been given by the supporters trust to the said poster to contact David lloyd.

word against word on an open forum will just go around in circles.

think it's a good thing.

I respect your opinion but I disagree.

In my experience, the sort of behaviour which the original poster alleged took place last night happens all too often at City away games, and it's time that the majority took a stand against the mindless minority who do their best to turn football grounds into battlegrounds.

The more it's discussed, and the perpetrators named and shamed, the better.

I think that the OP should read the forum rules-

"An Admin or moderator decision is not for public debate. If a Member has something to say about a decision, they must use Email forum@otib.co.uk. Any attempt to use the forums to discuss a decision will be deleted without any notice. Furthermore, the Admin & Moderators of this site are volunteers. Any personal attacks against the administrators as a collective or individuals in any open forum, website or other media will also not be tolerated."

The more it's discussed, and the perpetrators named and shamed, the better.

Can of worms and open to abuse as that could lead to anonymous posters posting pictures of people they just don't like

(not saying it is in this case) but as i said it is open to abuse..

It is best dealt with there and then by people in authority.

<br />If this ever goes to court solicitors on both sides, prosecution or defence, would not want anything put on an open forum that could jeopardize a case and advice has been given by the supporters trust to the said poster to contact David lloyd. <br /><br />word against word on an open forum will just go around in circles.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Clearly the Club would and does condemn racism in all its forms. Any supporters who have a concern should contact me directly, in confidence. A public forum is probably not the best place to be making unsubstantiated allegations. How about focusing on a good news Bristol City story instead? http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/TakingTheMic/0,,10327~2337631,00.html

I think that the OP should read the forum rules-

"An Admin or moderator decision is not for public debate. If a Member has something to say about a decision, they must use Email forum@otib.co.uk. Any attempt to use the forums to discuss a decision will be deleted without any notice. Furthermore, the Admin & Moderators of this site are volunteers. Any personal attacks against the administrators as a collective or individuals in any open forum, website or other media will also not be tolerated."

Fine, then no doubt this thread will also be locked or deleted and we can all go on sweeping the problem under the carpet.

Fine, then no doubt this thread will also be locked or deleted and we can all go on sweeping the problem under the carpet.

Perhaps you should have followed the forum rules and EMAILED the admin as it so clearly states, rather than pontificate over speculation and unsubstantiated/libelous rumours. Because of the 450 or so City fans there, not ONE has corroborated that topic, it was an excercise in futility with the usual houlier than thou posters clambering over each other in a desperate, vain bid to get to the moral high ground.

Okay, I was at the game, sat pretty much dead centre in the City end.

First game I've been to in a while on account of being abroad for most of the past two years (no that isn't a euphemism for being inside!)

The atmosphere was superb, some great chants aimed at that fat Millwall fan in blue - who to be fair was really entertaining first half, dunno where he went at half time.

Late in the game I heard what sounded like ten or so people in the City end singing, in order, the town full of p***s chant. "Ingerland Ingerland Ingerland" and something about hating Muslims. Not quite sure of the relevance but there you go.

I felt genuinely embarrassed for them. Pathetic little people, clinging into some sort of notions of supremacy based on skin colour. The world's moved on, chaps.

There was definitely a fracas earlier in the same area involving the stewards but I didn't hear what was going on there. Nothing major came of it but I can't say I was that surprised by the account in the guy's original post.

It was pathetic and embarrassing and a small, small-minded minority. And probably small in other areas as well.

We shouldn't get this out of proportion. The vast majority of the City fans were there to have a bloody good time - for example, the main group of singers just behind me to the left came up with some superb chants at the fat Millwall guy, "Town full of of porkers" made me :laughcont:

However, it is a bit depressing to see some on here trying to pretend it didn't happen. It did.

Perhaps you should have followed the forum rules and EMAILED the admin as it so clearly states, rather than pontificate over speculation and unsubstantiated/libelous rumours. Because of the 450 or so City fans there, not ONE has corroborated that topic, it was an excercise in futility with the usual houlier than thou posters clambering over each other in a desperate, vain bid to get to the moral high ground.

What's Aston Villa's manager got to do with it? :tumbleweed:

Only just come on here first time today so missed the original thread.

But whilst I wasn't near anyone specifically chanting anything, the "Town full of Pakis" and "Town full of bombers" clearly was being chanted a by a shiteload of people.

I also find it quite ironic that people can yell racist abuse whilst cheering on a side that has 9 black players on the pitch?

Oh and the half time toilet scenario was the same old spotty, young kids who can't handle their drink mouthing off.

Oh and the half time toilet scenario was the same old spotty, young kids who can't handle their drink mouthing off.

Yeah. the old chant about cop-killer Harry Roberts ... to be honest part of me was hoping the Bill kicked the sh*t out of the little twunts. Nice to know that they have been reading their hooligan-lit from the 60s though. Nice to know that they CAN read.

Yeah. the old chant about cop-killer Harry Roberts ... to be honest part of me was hoping the Bill kicked the sh*t out of the little twunts. Nice to know that they have been reading their hooligan-lit from the 60s though. Nice to know that they CAN read.

Some of those young kids mouthing off at the Millwall fellas would have run a mile at high speed had there not been about 100 coppers in between them.

I always laugh at how brave some of these youngsters get with the cops in the way, one of these days they'll come unstuck!!

I'd not make too much of a deal of the toilet scenario but the racist chanting was much more concerning.

Racism was always something I associated with the sags, when I used to catch the odd games in the 90s. Never heard any at city untill a few years ago, and have heard something about once a season since on average. I'm not on about questionable songs, but actually comments or shouts.

This has surprised me, while I can appreciate a certain level of animosity toasted certain religious sections of society, actual abuse about skin colour is something I thought died out in society years ago, even going as far as getting fed up of the annual "kick it out" stuff being rammed down our throats once a year. Obviously I was wrong ad it is still a message that needs to be made.

I don't believe that this is a football issue though, more one that comes from outside the game.

Good it was locked... Never mind going around in circles, some of the replies were just getting childish, like most threads on this forum in fact. Glad some found it so necessary to be completly patronising, and in some cases offensive to others, in order to get their point across... Maybe that's why it was locked lads / ladies?

if it was so much of an issue a complant should of been made to the police directly or via the club and the offenders could of been identified using CCTV which is installed at most grounds these days

There has been an increase in some awful chants from city this season and was highlighted after the leicester game via a police complent,

Shouldn't be highlighted here and the thread was rightly deleted,

if its that much of an issue for anyone contact the club

There has been an increase in some awful chants from city this season and was highlighted after the leicester game via a police complent,

An allegation that was done to death on this forum after the Leicester game, but my link to the relevant threads on the Leicester forum resulted in around 90% of Asian Leicester fans not being particularly bothered about the alleged racist chanting. Mainly I suspect because it wasnt, to an ordinary reasonable person, racist.

My questions to the OP of the deleted thread would be this.

1. Does it not seem a tad incongruous that the lads chanting alleged racist songs at Millwall were the same lads that had made a round trip of 250 miles to support their team, which included in the starting line up 7 non-white players. In other words are those lads (a) racist (b) a bit thick or © incapable of recognizing irony or (d) just in a very feeble way attempting to get behind their team via banter, or if you like, abusive chanting towards anything symbolising the home team.

2. If he was at Barnsley, why did he not start a thread and identify the 300 hundred City fans chanting the slanderous "cheat, cheat" at the referee after the Elliott penalty decision?

3. I didnt actually hear the chanting which he identifies, I did however hear loud and very clear and on numerous ocassions the chanting aimed at the Millwall fans, which included humourus renditions of "does your boyfriend know you're here?" directed at the neanderthal Millwall fan in the blue jumper. Why has he not started a thread against this outrageous homophobia and why has no one else taken exception to it?

My guess would be that probably the OP on the original thread but most definitely many of those who supported his view would have been guilty of numbers 2 and 3, but of course, although we all know racism is wrong, its a bit hip to be seen to be speaking out against it.

Archived