IGNORED

Steven Caulker And Spurs

BIGPHIL

May not be tottally City related. Spurs Chairman Daniel Levy has made a statement that was read out tonight on 5Live, stating that Spurs will reduce the size of there playing staff for next season. Could well mewn Caulker could become available.

NO offence, but it probably means the opposite. They will look to get rid of the likes of Woodgate, King, Jenas, Corluka, Hutton and Krancjar and probably include the likes of Walker and Caulker in their 25 man PL squad. They have loads of players out on loan and he has had nothing but rave reviews from his time with us and Yeovil.

They aren't selling him.

Shows how little I know.

Doesn't change the fact they won't be selling him.

IMO Caulker will never play for us again.

I think you are wrong.

People saying they wont sell him are a little nieve, Harry wont want to sell him, but its not his money. If he;s not going to get in the starting 11 of even the bench he will be off, perma or loan.

I would like to think he enjoyed his spell at City, started to make a name for himself, he cant do that in the reserves at Tottenham, or on the bench for a midtable Prem club, and why would Spurs loan to a rival club anyways?

It makes sense for Caulker to return here, he will start every game if fit and continue to grow and improve.

I think you are wrong.

People saying they wont sell him are a little nieve, Harry wont want to sell him, but its not his money. If he;s not going to get in the starting 11 of even the bench he will be off, perma or loan.

I would like to think he enjoyed his spell at City, started to make a name for himself, he cant do that in the reserves at Tottenham, or on the bench for a midtable Prem club, and why would Spurs loan to a rival club anyways?

It makes sense for Caulker to return here, he will start every game if fit and continue to grow and improve.

For me, if they go up (pending possible points deduction), QPR would be the ideal place for Caulker. A London based club where he could play Premier League football week in week out, and wouldnt have to move home. Spurs would be able to keep a very close eye on his progress aswell.

For me, if they go up (pending possible points deduction), QPR would be the ideal place for Caulker. A London based club where he could play Premier League football week in week out, and wouldnt have to move home. Spurs would be able to keep a very close eye on his progress aswell.

Yur are probbaly right there. Hmm, but you never know.

I think this could be true. In yesterdays Daily Mail it said Spurs would reduce their squad but it would probably be by releasing players currently out on loan. That could mean Caulker being released but I dont think we have a hope in hell of signing him permanantly if he can get a London club or Prem club interested. Good luck to the lad wherever he goes, he's been massive for us this season.

Were getting rid of all the big earners who have been eating away at the wage bill and not performing, were not getting rid of promising youngsters....

Keane, Bentley, Woodgate (pay as you play perhaps), Dos Santos, O'Hara, and a few others who havent done much at the club in the last few seasons are all gone and we will be saving plenty of cash in the process.

I think QPR would be a great fit for Caulks next season, then he'll come into our first team and fight for a place.

Spurs need him on the pitch at the moment.

And that's why he won't be here next season. If Spurs decide at any stage that they fancy doing defending, then Caulker wouldn't be a bad starting point. Great going forward, filthy at the back, and they know it.

Yeah, decent in WC vs France especially- presumably they didn't sign him just for the hell of it.

We signed him on the basis that we'd give him his "chance" in England because of our partnership with his old club SuperSport United. He cost 1.5 million so if he doesnt make it its no big deal.

Archived