IGNORED

Glastonbury Festival 2011

Dynamite Red

Yep

pretty happy with the lineup announced today too. Glad they have added Queens of Stone Age on Sunday night as that will be perfect alternative to Beyonce.

Also looking forward to Wu Tang Clan, loving that surprise addition, and Friendly Fires who can normally get a good party atmosphere going especially if they get the sun. Paul Simon will be a definite on the sunday slot aswell hopefully he will drop a few S&G classics rather than purely solo.

I tend to watch quite a few bands in the day and early evening then head off to late night areas after the headliners.

I know some people dont really even bother goign to watch many bands at all though.

Anyone else going and any tips for good bands? Ive been checking a few out now that i havent heard of and Tame Impala seem to have some cracking tunes so will prob try and catch them (good videos too see youtube)

Only just caught this, so many good bands playing. IMO worth watching beyond the blindingly obvious:

Two Door Cinema Club, Stornaway, The Vaccines, Naked & Famous, Eels, TV on the Radio, Aloe Blacc, I Am Kloot, Hurts, Caribou, The Bees, John Otway/The Otway Band, Fenech-Soler, Guillemots, King Blues, Patrick Wolf, DEFINITELY Cherry Ghost, Crazy World of Arthur Brown, Barenaked Ladies, Flogging Molly, DeVotchKa, KT Tunstall, Stereo MC's, Bonobo's DJ set and Folkface.

Such a superb line-up, some great names across many genres.

I live three miles away, so have been to most of them since 1989. We don't get a free ticket though since the aptly-named Mean Fiddler took over that side of the operation. ranting.gif

My youngest is a bit wee for the full banana this year, so we've got Sunday tickets this year. Only available to us local yokels. farmer.gif

I'm going, 4th year in the row for me. I do love it, but probably will be my last one for a while. My old folks are going for the first time, my mum is like a little kid excited about xmas! But they are going in a camper van, so cheating slightly! :P

Always interesting when I wear my City shirt one day. Usually get a lot of cheers and many people squinting at me to see what shirt it is!

Archived