IGNORED

Portugal Pre Season Tour

bristolcitysweden

Pretty sure Royal Anwerp fans are season ticket holders and Willem II fans are regulars.

I must be the only Royal Antwerp fan with a ST at AG , also have one at RAFC , always welcome at Antwerp for a pre-season friendly but pretty sure that it never will happen .

Based on the evidence of the game in 2008, Antwerp aren't good enough for us to bother with. Sorry, no offence meant.

to be fair, FGR, cheltenham and yeovil aren't exactly footballing powerhouses either

i always feel foreign sides play a different style and add something different, forcing the players to approach football in a different way

Based on the evidence of the game in 2008, Antwerp aren't good enough for us to bother with. Sorry, no offence meant.

TBF, only half their squad travelled. As work permits for non-EU players are easy to get in Belgium, they have a fair few Eastern Europeans (mainly Serbians, etc ...). My understanding was that they could not get travel visas to come here, so they could only bring half their squad, most being youth players and reserves. Some of their better players were the ones that could not travel.

TBF, only half their squad travelled. As work permits for non-EU players are easy to get in Belgium, they have a fair few Eastern Europeans (mainly Serbians, etc ...). My understanding was that they could not get travel visas to come here, so they could only bring half their squad, most being youth players and reserves. Some of their better players were the ones that could not travel.

Interesting if true. I certainly don't remember the match being promoted as Bristol City vs Royal Antwerp reserves!

I just remember their fans. My God, what a racket they made.

Interesting if true. I certainly don't remember the match being promoted as Bristol City vs Royal Antwerp reserves!

I just remember their fans. My God, what a racket they made.

Well, this is what the Antwerp fans were saying before the game. Their fans were awesome in the ground. Best away support I've seen at the Gate and in a friendly! Kept in contact with one of their guys after and keep meaning to get across for one of their games.

City went to Scotland twenty years ago and played Clydebank and Ayr.

Sweden tour years back was cancelled.

City's proposed pre-season trip to Scotland - including matches against Partick Thistle and Clyde - has been cancelled today.

It was hoped City would be able to play the Scottish lower league sides on Thursday, July 21st and Saturday, July 23rd, but the planned trip is now off.

City chief executive Colin Sexstone explained to bcfc.co.uk: "We are looking to replace the tour with something closer to home that will provide better opposition and larger returns.

"The costs involved in the proposed trip have escalated recently, and the guaranteed sums available to the club are minimal.

"We will contact supporters who have already booked up through the club's tour shortly."

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10327~674411,00.html

City's proposed pre-season trip to Scotland - including matches against Partick Thistle and Clyde - has been cancelled today.

It was hoped City would be able to play the Scottish lower league sides on Thursday, July 21st and Saturday, July 23rd, but the planned trip is now off.

City chief executive Colin Sexstone explained to bcfc.co.uk: "We are looking to replace the tour with something closer to home that will provide better opposition and larger returns.

"The costs involved in the proposed trip have escalated recently, and the guaranteed sums available to the club are minimal.

"We will contact supporters who have already booked up through the club's tour shortly."

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10327~674411,00.html

Not what I thought you meant.

Didn't recall the above.

The Scotland games in 90ish did take place unlike a later tour of Sweden which was cancelled, but fans still went to Sweden minus club due to independantly booking flight and hotels.

Archived