IGNORED

Pitman

Lack of Action Man

Was really impressed with Pitman today, soon as he came on he gave us a different option to Stead (who in my opinion, was no where near match fitness) and opened up many different interchanges between himself and Maynard/Adomah. However the one thing I would like to see him offer in extra, is just to get in the opponents face more like Maynard does when chasing the ball down, I think if both he and Maynard pressed this hard on most back lines in this league, then they could be exposed. What are everyone else's thoughts?

Was really impressed with Pitman today, soon as he came on he gave us a different option to Stead (who in my opinion, was no where near match fitness) and opened up many different interchanges between himself and Maynard/Adomah. However the one thing I would like to see him offer is just to get in the opponents face more like Maynard does when chasing the ball down, I think if both he and Maynard pressed this hard on most back lines in this league, then they could be exposed. What are everyone else's thoughts?

I get the impression he is not yet up to full Championship fitness (like Nicky in his first season). After a full pre-season I suspect, again like Nicky, he will be even better.:fingerscrossed:

MOM in my opinion.

I think Stead was a bit rusty - and not helped by being asked to play on the left wing during the first half.

This is one of Keith's oddest tactical preferences. We finally get a left winger but he still prefers to play people out of position. For me he sometimes tries to be too clever for players at this level.

Maynard did nothing all game,possibly other things on his mind.

Stead looked no where near match fit,but when fit is a absolute must up front.

Pittman was by far the best striker today,along with Adomah.

Think we will struggle to hang on to both players in the coming months,the thing is if we are serious about a promotion push the likes of Adomah and Maynard need to be kept and quality added to the squad.

If we had to loose one of them I would prefer to keep Adomah over Maynard.I believe stead and Pittman would do a grand job,how ever I have not seen a winger at AG. As good as Adomah since Clive Whitehead.

Maynard did nothing all game,possibly other things on his mind.

Stead looked no where near match fit,but when fit is a absolute must up front.

Pittman was by far the best striker today,along with Adomah.

Think we will struggle to hang on to both players in the coming months,the thing is if we are serious about a promotion push the likes of Adomah and Maynard need to be kept and quality added to the squad.

If we had to loose one of them I would prefer to keep Adomah over Maynard.I believe stead and Pittman would do a grand job,how ever I have not seen a winger at AG. As good as Adomah since Clive Whitehead.

Yeah but a couple of bad games and you'll be pleading with KM to sell him!

Stead's been a really good player for City but he looked very rusty yesterday and when he's not on his game he can look gangly and awkward.

Not sure how many efforts Pitman had after he came on but he looked a real live wire who was absolutely determined to net one and was unfortunate on a couple of occasions.

If Maynard stays and Stead is also seen as a first choice I wonder what the future holds for Pitman at AG - he's a genuine goalscorer who's proved he can do it at Championship level and too good to spend long spells on the bench imo.

Stead's been a really good player for City but he looked very rusty yesterday and when he's not on his game he can look gangly and awkward.

Not sure how many efforts Pitman had after he came on but he looked a real live wire who was absolutely determined to net one and was unfortunate on a couple of occasions.

If Maynard stays and Stead is also seen as a first choice I wonder what the future holds for Pitman at AG - he's a genuine goalscorer who's proved he can do it at Championship level and too good to spend long spells on the bench imo.

I think Pitman is better than Maynard, to be honest. If one of them has to go, I'd prefer it to be Maynard.

I think Pitman is better than Maynard, to be honest. If one of them has to go, I'd prefer it to be Maynard.

I'd agree that Pitman is certainly the better finisher, but not the better player.

Having said that if one of them has to go I'd prefer it to be Maynard too.

Pitman will view this as a settling in season but will want to progress next season and that means more starts and more goals.

From what I've seen he deserves to play regularly and I'd hate to see him becoming disenchanted with his progress at AG through long spells on the bench.

The important thing is KM handles Pitman well to ensure he is still here when Maynard inevitably departs.

Archived