IGNORED

Defence

dezgimed

Thought it was quality today.

Cant remember Ipswich creating too much?

Stewart immense and actually played some decent balls forward on the deck.

I agree, Stewart is showing some real class at the back lately and i hope some of the boo boys get off his back! as for james, how the hell did he get beat from there? the lad was miles out and there wasnt even any power on the shot! terrible goal keeping.

If you take Stewart at face value, he is a class championship defender. He's of the ball winner style, will get you everything in the air and most of what's on the deck. If he's played alongside someone with an equal measure of class in their ability to read the game and play the ball at their feet (a la Caulker) then that's a pretty solid defence (imo). I'd certainly like to see him stay at centre half for a while to come yet.

If you take Stewart at face value, he is a class championship defender. He's of the ball winner style, will get you everything in the air and most of what's on the deck. If he's played alongside someone with an equal measure of class in their ability to read the game and play the ball at their feet (a la Caulker) then that's a pretty solid defence (imo). I'd certainly like to see him stay at centre half for a while to come yet.

Agreed but I suspect that when Carey is fit he will get the nod as he seems to be a pretty automatic choice regardless of form. If anybody is teflon it is Louiis not Keith. If Keith signs the centre half he wants I fear Stewart will get the chop. The fact he was not Keith's signing may not help perhaps.

I agree, Stewart is showing some real class at the back lately and i hope some of the boo boys get off his back! as for james, how the hell did he get beat from there? the lad was miles out and there wasnt even any power on the shot! terrible goal keeping.

Not sure I'd go so far as to describe it as terrible, but I felt at the time that he could possibly have done better with such a long range shot. However, I haven't seen a replay of it yet so I'll refrain from making any further comment until I've had the benefit of seeing it again.

I have to say, David "walks on water according to some on OTIB" James simply wasn't expecting a shot from there and wasn't fully following play. He got caught out big time and cost us a point.

Nice positioning by the lad, but there was no real sting to the shot and DJ had a clear view of it. It should've been saved.

I have to say, David "walks on water according to some on OTIB" James simply wasn't expecting a shot from there and wasn't fully following play. He got caught out big time and cost us a point.

Nice positioning by the lad, but there was no real sting to the shot and DJ had a clear view of it. It should've been saved.

Thought it zipped off the pitch a bit which may have surprised him.

The pitch looked absolutely superb considering the lateness of the season, fair play to the groundstaff.

Thought it zipped off the pitch a bit which may have surprised him.

The pitch looked absolutely superb considering the lateness of the season, fair play to the groundstaff.

From my vantage point I think he went down far too late. Sort of dropped rather than dived. If TV shows the shot taking a lucky bobble, I'll withdraw my criticism.

David James didnt cost us a point. Our wasteful shooting cost us a point. We did not force their keeper into any major saves despite the numerous attempts. He was busier than Jamo, a LOT busier, but he didnt have to work that hard, the shooting was awful today. Not for the first time. If you dont take your chances the other team will. fact.

Remember he made a class reaction save from 4 yards in the 1st half and also, he didn't really cost us a point as our team coud not break down a 10-man Ipswich team for 70 mins.

We lost?

yep, cos we didnt covert the chances Arn. Too many poor passes...the tractor boys really should have lost, they scored from their only real chance. Reckon we still wouldnt have scored even if we were playing now. One of them days......one of them days.......

Remember he made a class reaction save from 4 yards in the 1st half and also, he didn't really cost us a point as our team coud not break down a 10-man Ipswich team for 70 mins.

Sorry, I don't rate that as a 'class reaction' as Wickham shot straight at James.

I stand by my comments TBH. Our lack of finishing may have cost us 3 points, but DJ being too casual cost us 1.

Pitch at AG has always been excellent I think. As for James, yeah his error cost us yesterday- even more disappointing given vs 10 men but there we go. That aside, defence looked fairly sound I felt.

Slightly disappointed that we had a bit less possession- despite playing vs 10 for so long. Too much hoofing for too long too.

Archived