IGNORED

Formation

yardy

I'm a bit puzzled as to why stead played out on the left in the 1st half.The guy has just come back from a injury and hasn't had no game time in a few weeks so why play him on the left when he has to attack and defend and work alot harder than he would as a striker.

Stead was very inaffective out there and to me we had better options than to have him play there.If millen wanted to play 4,5,1 then he should of used either jcr or woolford on the left.

It kinda worked out ok when they had 1 sent off and he put jcr on the left and went 4,4,2 but to play 4,5,1 at home is very defensive and something i dont agree with.

Also i was hoping mills would take off a defender and put on a extra forward or midfielder,ipswich had 10 men and throughout the game this didnt seem like the case.We had nothing to lose by doing this and imo if we went 3 at the back we would have put alot more pressure on ipswich.

Im not a millen hater far from it i think he has done a decent job since he took over,im just a bit miffed by our tactics yesterday.

Your thoughts...

We've been playing defensively at home for most of the season, as 25 goals in 21 games would seem to indicate.

Our main tactic at AG this season appears to be to give it to Albert then rely on him taking the ball half the length of the pitch while trying to get runners to keep up with him and get into scoring positions.

The OP is right, though.

It is baffling to me for us to play Stead out wide when we've brought Woolford in.

For large parts of the game yesterday we had Maynard up top on his own against two blokes who must both be 6ft 4.

It would have made more sense if it was away from home and we were trying to nick in but at home, especially against ten, it made very little sense and we looked far better when Pitman came on and gave us a real goal threat.

Thought Woolford looked bright when he came on, Stead on the left a bit odd. However 4-5-1 isn't necessarily negative- if the side in question has creative enough midfielders. I can list a few great- or at the least very good sides who played with one striker up front but weren't too bad...The days of 2 strikers up top at a high level is gone.

Archived