IGNORED

Promotion/relegation

The Red Planet

Here's some comments on this topic

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9448435.stm

Coming down. I think Blackburn (have not won a game since late January) Wigan and Blackpool

Coming up plus BHA it looks like Southampton on automatic and Huddersfield via the play-offs.

I would prefer it if we were playing West Ham and Wolves next season but I just have a feeling they will both escape the drop.

Your views ?

Id love West Ham to come down.Only because my brother-in-law is a so say West Ham fan,even though hes never been to Upton Park,the truth of it is hes a Rovers fan that got disillusioned by the Gas a while ago so he decided to go glory hunting and chose West Ham,thats just the mentality of a blue nose...................

Can't see West Ham surviving, there might be a trip to the Olympic stadium on the horizon there. A few big 6 pointers coming soon which will sort out any 3 from 5. Reading are the form team for the automatic places, hopefully they catch Cardiff. Have to agree with Southampton, game in hand a miles better goal diffrence.

Would love to see Palace drop into the relagation spots too

Blackpool are in freefall and I'm glad after all the bullshit that was written and spoken in the media about them in the first half of the season. Obviously they weren't approaching it the right way and doing the right thing were they? Nothing to do with Hollowhead either.

Wolves and WHU to follow them

Can't see West Ham surviving, there might be a trip to the Olympic stadium on the horizon there. A few big 6 pointers coming soon which will sort out any 3 from 5. Reading are the form team for the automatic places, hopefully they catch Cardiff. Have to agree with Southampton, game in hand a miles better goal diffrence.

Would love to see Palace drop into the relagation spots too

Interesting point ref the Olympic Stadium ( assuming West Ham get it, not Spurs).

However even if a) West Ham get relegated and b) they move to Stratford, we won't be playing there until the 2012/13 season earliest i.e after the Olympic games are over.

By which time we could be in the Prem ! Or West Ham could have bounced straight back to the Prem and we remain in the NPC.

"On the Horizon" got it right !

Blackpool are doing what Hull did in their first season in the PL. Brilliant start, get a few good results against some of the bigger sides, then go into complete freefall in the New Year. Hull survived by the skin of their teeth but I don't think Blackpool will. I think West Ham will go, and I have a feeling Blackburn might too, as their run in is tougher than anyone elses.

In our division, QPR are almost up (they can confirm it by beating Cardiff on Saturday), though they still have the misconduct hearing hanging over them. I'd like Reading and Norwich to join them, though wouldn't be adverse to Swansea, or Leeds, or even Forest going up either (you get where I'm going with this...)

Sheff Utd are doomed, and we can relegate them on Saturday with the aid of other results. Purely for selfish reasons, i.e. ease of away trip, I'd like Preston to stay up, and I don't think many City fans would shed a tear at Palace going down.

Brighton are already up, I think Southampton & Huddersfield will join them. Again, I want Huddersfield to come up for the easy away trip (for me anyway!)

Archived