IGNORED

Sheffield United On Saturday

Milton Red

I recall their fans being less than sympathetic that day as well. Not quite sure what they had against us? Wish I could be arsed to go up there and reciprocate the sympathies!

Maybe the fact we relegated them via the play offs a few years earlier? Think it was the first time in their history they had been in the lower 2 Divisions?

That was a brilliant night, 1-1 draw at Bramell Lane. Unreal atmosphere, great result.

The last time they were both in the third tier was in 1979 - 80.

Blimey, that is interesting. I would have thought it would have been alot further in the past than that.

Bearing in mind they have both been right up and then back down the ladder again, it looks like they have both had even more of a roller coater history than us!

2 huge clubs, big stadiums and good support - football is a funny old game!

If City win they can send Sheffield United down to League One on Saturday if Crystal Palace win at Doncaster Rovers.

In 1999 City were relegated at Sheffield United.

I was in Bournmouth for a lads weekend when they sent us down, tbh that result ruined it for me and Ive hated them ever since.

I'll be chuffed when they are relegated :fingerscrossed: but even more so if we could have a hand in doing it, Come on City!!

:clapping::clapping:

I recall their fans being less than sympathetic that day as well. Not quite sure what they had against us? Wish I could be arsed to go up there and reciprocate the sympathies!

No they weren't exactly friendly but then most teams would enjoy giving a bit of stick if you were going down. Things I remember from that day included applauding their youth team that had one a trophy at half time and after the full time whistle our fans continued singing for a good 15 minutes.

I think they may have a bit of a dislike of us from the pray-offs, when it was one from the league above (3rd from bottom?) playing three from the league promotion pray-off spots (3,4,5) and we beat them over two legs to relegate them from 2nd to 3rd tier. :winner_third_h4h:

No they weren't exactly friendly but then most teams would enjoy giving a bit of stick if you were going down. Things I remember from that day included applauding their youth team that had one a trophy at half time and after the full time whistle our fans continued singing for a good 15 minutes.

Their fans were chanting "Going down, going down, going down" and our reply was "So are we, so are we, so are we!"

Also, you're right Tom our prolonged support at the end was brilliant, almost saying we will be back. Shame it took so long!

Archived