IGNORED

City V Sheff Utd Match Thread

hinsleburg

Really not looking forward to next season, Millen won't get is higher than where we are now, if we're fighting for anything it'll be to stay in the league. I look forward to when we get a new manager who will buy creative players for the middle of the field and who will improve our defence and most importantly, will be tactically superior to more than a handful of managers in this league

Did we qualify for a Dolly yellow card?

They are overpaid drawers today... I do take your point, and am not making excuses for any sub-standard performances. I don't think we have played that badly recently, and if we are going to have a run of close defeats/ draws, I'd rather it is now than the start of next season.

And back to being overpaid losers... And the Gas are jammy drawers. Why did we not send little Lee instead?

The counter argument from Keith himself is that finishing the season strongly carries over to the next. Presumably therefore we can expect a bad start to next season? Don't see how the first can be true and the second not. Imo if at any point players and management are relaxed about defeats you are on a slippery slope.:disapointed2se: More so if the fans aren't bothered either.

Gas drawing doesn't matter much, their goal difference is like another point behind. With Notts County winning, only need Daggenham or Walsall to win on Monday or draw and Sags still up against it. Away at Bournemouth is a cert of nil points.

Not certain of that. Bournemouth have a very small squad, the long season is catching up with them, and they have been very average lately.

The counter argument from Keith himself is that finishing the season strongly carries over to the next. Presumably therefore we can expect a bad start to next season? Don't see how the first can be true and the second not. Imo if at any point players and management are relaxed about defeats you are on a slippery slope.:disapointed2se: More so if the fans aren't bothered either.

Exactly, as I said to once before 'we're only in it for the money' springs to mind Frank.

post-11168-0-07277400-1303574854_thumb.j

Not certain of that. Bournemouth have a very small squad, the long season is catching up with them, and they have been very average lately.

Indeed. Under Campbell they have looked better away than at home apparently so I wouldn't be surprised either.

Really not looking forward to next season, Millen won't get is higher than where we are now, if we're fighting for anything it'll be to stay in the league. I look forward to when we get a new manager who will buy creative players for the middle of the field and who will improve our defence and most importantly, will be tactically superior to more than a handful of managers in this league

Defensively Millen inherited a weak and aging one and only had time to add caulker in the summer and spence recently. Now caulker has gone, our results have followed in a spiral. We have the 4th best assister in the championship in Albert. We have maynard who has been quality, and hopefully will stay. Tighten the defence and its a chance

Defensively Millen inherited a weak and aging one and only had time to add caulker in the summer and spence recently. Now caulker has gone, our results have followed in a spiral. We have the 4th best assister in the championship in Albert. We have maynard who has been quality, and hopefully will stay. Tighten the defence and its a chance

So good decision to offer Carey a new contract then?.

This season, the end of season results have not been good, the performances have been OK, and as much as anything, it's the defensive injuries that are the main problem. Two years ago I was worried, because the side did not look right, GJ seemed to be losing his touch, and when Basso looked very subdued at Burnley, I knew that things were far from right. However, the similarities are that we are reluctant to give our Academy players any first team experience, surely if the plan is to have a youth development side supporting the first team, it might just be a help if this entire youth squad had slightly more than a few minutes first team experience.

Very disappointed today, getting beaten by the team at the bottom of the league. We cannot continue like this next season. We shouldn't be so complacent that we are safe and just stop playing. Seeing this result shocked me. I thought we were better then this, but it seems the players are making ridiculous amounts of money for bad performances. Oh well, whether they win or if they lose we'll follow them through and through.

Back in Northampton now after going up there today. The weather was abysmal which didn't help matters, the first half we did absolutely **** all and were gifted that own goal. We should have played with freedom and built on that lead but spent most of it in our own half. Stewart's first touch looked diabolical at times, again, the weather didn't help and probably contributed to Maynard's sloppy challenge. Like others I was a bit taken aback by the 3 subs at half time but it seemed to work, we started to move the ball around nicely and found a lot of space at times. Pitman had a few shots and elliot had a great chance to fire in a header. When we equalised, it really could have gone either way-but I always had a feeling it would go to Sheffield Utd. Spence had a good game I thought, and slotted some nice balls forward which led to the chances. Nothing to play for of course but would still liked to have seen them play with a bit of passion! Bit of a miserable afternoon for those who came all the way up!!

Considering he's done well this season and will be on a low wage, yes.

He's the club captain and will undoubtedly be our highest paid defender, there being pay scales for different parts of the team. He left for Coventry because he wasn't being paid as much as players who had been brought in (and I didn't blame him at the time). He is lionised as Mr Bristol City, most recently by Keith. However many bad defeats we have he is always exempt from criticism because of that. Whatever else he is he is not stupid and is and will certainly not be on low wages.

Bollocks will he, 3 simple words - he is old. Enough with the conspiracy theories.

If I understand your point i.e. that older players get lower wages that would imply that David James would be lower paid than Carey, being even older. I would have thought age would determine the length of the contract not the amount paid. Arsenal for instance have a policy of only giving 1 year contracts to players over 30. It will be interesting to see how long Louis gets. Again I cannot seriously believe that the club captain, whoever he is, would be on low wages. Though I am of course forgetting Hunt (wouldn't we all like to?); who knows what Coppell agreed to pay him? He might be on higher wages than Louis I suppose, though that would hardly be justified and I imagine Louis wouldn't be too chuffed if so, and who could blame him?

As to conspiracy theories it is my experience of this forum that he rarely or ever is criticised for heavy defeats, McAllister usually being the scapegoat. Not scientific of course but certainly my impression.

Archived