IGNORED

Preston Sheff Utd And Scunny Relegated Today?

screech

Not sure if anyone has posted it yet, but all 3 effectively were relegated today. Preston were confirmed, Sheff Utd have an unlikely 8 goal margin to make up, and Scunny an impossible 17 goals to make up. Not surprised to see Scunny go but I could never have predicted Sheff Utd being relegated. What was the odds for both Sheffield sides to be battling it out in division 3 at the start of next season? Both clubs have far too big a fanbase to be in that shite of a league.

I have a good friend who's a Sheffield United fan and he knew from the start of the season they were doomed. United fans wanted Kevin Blackwell sacked last season. Their players were being played in wrong positions and were playing hoof ball every game (sound familiar?). But they stuck with him and my mate tipped me to put down a few quid on them going down. Which I did not. Then Gary Speed was appointed, which they were in full fear off from the start. They were glad he was gone straight away and were hoping for a turn around under a new manager.

Yet again they were angered by the appointment of Micky Adams, who is a terrible manager (look at his record with Coventry). They accepted relegation a while ago and are willing to give Micky Adams the chance to re-build their squad (though he will be sacked I believe by October 2011). It would be a good idea for City to try pinch some of their players if possible.

I have a good friend who's a Sheffield United fan and he knew from the start of the season they were doomed. United fans wanted Kevin Blackwell sacked last season. Their players were being played in wrong positions and were playing hoof ball every game (sound familiar?). But they stuck with him and my mate tipped me to put down a few quid on them going down. Which I did not. Then Gary Speed was appointed, which they were in full fear off from the start. They were glad he was gone straight away and were hoping for a turn around under a new manager.

Yet again they were angered by the appointment of Micky Adams, who is a terrible manager (look at his record with Coventry). They accepted relegation a while ago and are willing to give Micky Adams the chance to re-build their squad (though he will be sacked I believe by October 2011). It would be a good idea for City to try pinch some of their players if possible.

"It would be a good idea for City to try pinch some of their players if possible"

I agree, that Lee Williamson looks like a great midfielder, big, strong and more importantly creative! he shouldnt cost much and would add quality to our squad for sure! Another 1 is Ched Evans, young clever player who ive always liked, although we seem ok for strikers at the minute!

Archived