IGNORED

Pathetic

Ron

Thread after thread of 'Teflon Keith' vs. 'Millen Out'. It's so boring, pre-conceived, ill thought out and in short, BS. I'd struggle to say this forum has been going down the pan in the past 12 months since it's been a lot longer than that, but seriously. Some reasoned debate wouldn't go amiss. If your only reply is 'you would say that, you're in the XXX brigade', take a deep breath, turn the monitor off and go and explore the real world for 5 minutes so you can calm down and think of something decent to say. For the good of everyone.

Thread after thread of 'Teflon Keith' vs. 'Millen Out'. It's so boring, pre-conceived, ill thought out and in short, BS. I'd struggle to say this forum has been going down the pan in the past 12 months since it's been a lot longer than that, but seriously. Some reasoned debate wouldn't go amiss. If your only reply is 'you would say that, you're in the XXX brigade', take a deep breath, turn the monitor off and go and explore the real world for 5 minutes so you can calm down and think of something decent to say. For the good of everyone.

Watching the mindlessly boring crap which passes for football by City this season??????????

OK let's try for reasoned debate then.

Why did Millen put Pitman our top scorer on the bench at home?.

I would hazard a guess, because Pitman is actually not very good, not very mobile, and doesn't look interested. Oh and a fair few of his goals have been penalties. Doesn't do it for me, and I would hope we get a better strike force next season.

Isn't taking the opposite extreme posiiton much the same though? Is there any difference between not accepting there is anything positive and not accepting there is anything negative? There seem to be plenty of perfectly rational and balanced views expressed as well. Much more productive to respond to those surely. Some of the criticisms might just be right and grounded in the real world too. Tit for tat achieves nothing.

OK let's try for reasoned debate then.

I'm in, let's go!

Why did Millen put Pitman our top scorer on the bench at home?.

obviously nobody can be sure, but putting Clarkson in the shop window or letting him play for his future could be a reason? We already know that Pitman is a class goalscorer at this level and will play a role next season, perhaps Millen is still undecided on Clarkson for next year?

What's next?

I would hazard a guess, because Pitman is actually not very good, not very mobile, and doesn't look interested. Oh and a fair few of his goals have been penalties. Doesn't do it for me, and I would hope we get a better strike force next season.

Pitman is has excellent touch and control, and great vision and finishing. He's not there to win long balls or run around like a headless Scotsman.

His vision and interplay around the box is the best we have and his finishing and movement in the box is every bit as good as Maynard's.

The problem he has is that he's constantly being moved in and out of the team in exchange for the thoroughly hopeless Clarkson so he hasn't settled.

Give him a run of ten games at the head of a 442 next to Stead or Maynard and he will deliver goals and assists, guaranteed.

Isn't taking the opposite extreme posiiton much the same though? Is there any difference between not accepting there is anything positive and not accepting there is anything negative? There seem to be plenty of perfectly rational and balanced views expressed as well. Much more productive to respond to those surely. Some of the criticisms might just be right and grounded in the real world too. Tit for tat achieves nothing.

I mentioned both :unsure: I agree tit for tat achieves nothing. That was the point!

I'm in, let's go!

obviously nobody can be sure, but putting Clarkson in the shop window or letting him play for his future could be a reason? We already know that Pitman is a class goalscorer at this level and will play a role next season, perhaps Millen is still undecided on Clarkson for next year?

What's next?

You may be right but if so Keith would do himself a favour if he explained it, though not so bluntly of course. If you know a selection is going to surprise or anger fans some PR skills come in handy.

You may be right but if so Keith would do himself a favour if he explained it, though not so bluntly of course. If you know a selection is going to surprise or anger fans some PR skills come in handy.

With all due respect, I Think if seeing a guy who has scored quite a few important goals this season and created a few too, playing makes you angry you need to walk away from football for a while.

On your main point, I would say it's really up to Keith what he thinks will benefit him and the side most in respect to how much fairly pointless information he feeds us. I personally don't want him to come out and feel he has to justify every descision. It's rather pointless in the end.

He is the man employed to make them and if he darts getting too many wrong he'll lose his job.

Just how I see that particular aspect of it...

I'm in, let's go!

What's next?

Shop window?, any potential suitors will I am sure be aware of his attributes/failings.

future?, sounds as though he did'nt do his future at BCFC much good today.

Millen undecided?, says I need to know about the man in charge.

Shop window?, any potential suitors will I am sure be aware of his attributes/failings.

future?, sounds as though he did'nt do his future at BCFC much good today.

Millen undecided?, says I need to know about the man in charge.

Come on mate, were making headway here.

You asked for discussion so let's do it without being so dismissive.

I think it's perfectly acceptable for Millen to be unsure whether Clarkson fits in for next season. He generally has a good goalscoring record when he plays, and his assists ratio is also good. On the other hand he is lightweight, slow and gives the ball away too.

He isn't going to catch any scouts eye if he's sat on the bench... So yes shop window...

With all due respect, I Think if seeing a guy who has scored quite a few important goals this season and created a few too, playing makes you angry you need to walk away from football for a while.

On your main point, I would say it's really up to Keith what he thinks will benefit him and the side most in respect to how much fairly pointless information he feeds us. I personally don't want him to come out and feel he has to justify every descision. It's rather pointless in the end.

He is the man employed to make them and if he darts getting too many wrong he'll lose his job.

Just how I see that particular aspect of it...

I said fans not me and used the words surprise and anger, which I think would cover the range of responses. I was surprised by the selection of Clarkson over Pitman but angry, no, not important enough. But clearly some people were and are. Though not as angry as some get if LJ plays :innocent06:.

Have to disagree about your conclusion though. Indeed Keith himself has spoken of building better relationships with the fans. Explaining your approach (not justifying your decisions, he ultimately has to do that to Steve or Colin) rather than leave people in the dark is more likely to get people on board in any business in my experience and to more likely to achieve Keith's aim.

I think it's perfectly acceptable for Millen to be unsure whether Clarkson fits in for next season. He generally has a good goalscoring record when he plays, and his assists ratio is also good. On the other hand he is lightweight, slow and gives the ball away too.

He isn't going to catch any scouts eye if he's sat on the bench... So yes shop window...

i'm sorry Jordan if Millen dosen't already have a really good idea about his squad next season and whether or not Clarkson will fit into those plans, I really fear for us. However if it's true he's still under contract it might end up out of his hands anyway.

I would hope that Millen or any manager worth his salt would already be aware of certain targets for the next season and also have a few 2nd choices just in case and then perhaps leave the odd gap to see who might become available.

i'm sorry Jordan if Millen dosen't already have a really good idea about his squad next season and whether or not Clarkson will fit into those plans, I really fear for us. However if it's true he's still under contract it might end up out of his hands anyway.

I would hope that Millen or any manager worth his salt would already be aware of certain targets for the next season and also have a few 2nd choices just in case and then perhaps leave the odd gap to see who might become available.

Who's to say he doesn't, being undecided on a player who could easily be described as an enigma doesn't mean he hasnt formed his plans or opinions on the rest of the squad.

Facts are, Clarkson polarises opinion in the fans, so it must be similar for the manager.

Who's to say he doesn't, being undecided on a player who could easily be described as an enigma doesn't mean he hasnt formed his plans or opinions on the rest of the squad.

Facts are, Clarkson polarises opinion in the fans, so it must be similar for the manager.

Millen is a professional unlike the polarised fans and has had 3 years to form an opinion, yet again hardly the sort of decision making that inspires confidence.

Personally, Pitman I think is decent. But he has 2 assists this season- which is less than Clarkson as it happens. The latter has 7 goals and 5 assists in 31 starts- the former has 12 goals and 2 assists in 36 starts. Not much to choose between them when taken as a whole package- is there? Of course Pitman has time on his side and was let's not forget was playing 4th tier football last year so two divisions in a struggling side is a big step up.

so your saying Clarkson got to play because the manager isnt sure he's up to it. where as Pitman didnt get to play because the manager knows he's good enough?

that maybe possible but surely a manager forms an opinion over the last 2 years and wouldnt need one more game to be really sure.

I can understand that Millen may of been playing Clarkson for the benefit of scouts in the stand but I think I'd prefer it if he was playing the best 11 to win a game of football.

Millen is a professional unlike the polarised fans and has had 3 years to form an opinion, yet again hardly the sort of decision making that inspires confidence.

Clarkson is an enigma, that's regardless of Millen's decision making. He was called upon when desperate a few times this season and then got a stay in the team after a good run of form, which tailed off. With the ability to be so up and down, it's no great wonder he is drifting in and out of the periphery of Millen's plans.

Clarkson is an enigma, that's regardless of Millen's decision making. He was called upon when desperate a few times this season and then got a stay in the team after a good run of form, which tailed off. With the ability to be so up and down, it's no great wonder he is drifting in and out of the periphery of Millen's plans.

it's simple Millen has to make a decision and live or die by it, that is part of the nature of his job and why he is so handsomely paid.

For me we need consistent players and not enigmas, that has been part of the problem at BCFC for far too long now, Sproule, Johnson, Hunt, Skuse and JCR are 5 more enigmas, Carey is sadly past it and if Ribiero and Wilson are going to continue to be fragile a decision is needed with them, also if as seems the case Edwards, Jackson and the Irish lads and one or two other academy players don't feature in Millen plans then again they must be shown the door and to be honest the jury is still out on Cisse, Stewart and Woolford. Cisse and Woolford I think may prosper in a more consistent side, Stewart as we know is brave and a great header but mistake prone.

Life in football can be harsh, life is harsh but there is no room for sentiment or enigmas.

• Admin

I find it amusing when a club plays a player in the "shop window" to try and convince other clubs to sign him. Invariably that player is a little bit crap & funnily enough puts in a lacklustre performance and how is that supposed to impress watching scouts?

Indeed, and infact this thread has turned into the very thing that your rightly complaining about, some people have their views, when things are going well, they go missing and when they don't, they are straight onto the bandwagon,

Typical thing is, those people enjoy the negativy and never get involved in anything positive, as somone else said yesterday, very sad lives

Indeed, and infact this thread has turned into the very thing that your rightly complaining about, some people have their views, when things are going well, they go missing and when they don't, they are straight onto the bandwagon,

Typical thing is, those people enjoy the negativy and never get involved in anything positive, as somone else said yesterday, very sad lives

and of course people like you who won't admit that things have not been satisfactory and need to improve next season and trying to prove your point with ridiculous statements like 'we are a free scoring team', when we have marginally scored a few more goals than the past 2 seasons and also we have actually scored 10 fewer goals at home and have lost 9 games at home and that dosen't invite/add to the negativity?.

But you go on believing that you and the ever dwindling posters who agree with you are right and the vast majority on here are wrong and lead very sad lives.

and of course people like you who won't admit that things have not been satisfactory and need to improve next season and trying to prove your point with ridiculous statements like 'we are a free scoring team', when we have marginally scored a few more goals than the past 2 seasons and also we have actually scored 10 fewer goals at home and have lost 9 games at home and that dosen't invite/add to the negativity?.

But you go on believing that you and the ever dwindling posters who agree with you are right and the vast majority on here are wrong and lead very sad lives.

how many times this season have we scored 3/4 goals in a game? and compare that to the last few seasons?

In a number of threads, people have said that despite the scoreline yesterday it was very entertaining game, which follows on from my points that this season has been more entertaining than previous, we don't always win, but it's been better football on display,

Dwindling posters that agree with me? I don't care who agrees/disagree's with me, but I think it's fair to say that as the season has gone on, more fans are more satisfied with life under Millen and can see promising signs for the future,

But I suppose when every game every season involves watching the scores on Ceefax you have every right to be negative, perhaps you should actually watch games in person now and again, which may help you get a more rounded view of what games are likely, instead of just reading some people's postives and negatives, jumping on all the negatives and predicting the end of the world.

As someone else said to you the other day, you really are a very very sad pathetic bitter little man, you call yourself a Bristol City supporter, but that is simply a sham

Rant Over.

how many times this season have we scored 3/4 goals in a game? and compare that to the last few seasons?

In a number of threads, people have said that despite the scoreline yesterday it was very entertaining game, which follows on from my points that this season has been more entertaining than previous, we don't always win, but it's been better football on display,

Dwindling posters that agree with me? I don't care who agrees/disagree's with me, but I think it's fair to say that as the season has gone on, more fans are more satisfied with life under Millen and can see promising signs for the future,

But I suppose when every game every season involves watching the scores on Ceefax you have every right to be negative, perhaps you should actually watch games in person now and again, which may help you get a more rounded view of what games are likely, instead of just reading some people's postives and negatives, jumping on all the negatives and predicting the end of the world.

As someone else said to you the other day, you really are a very very sad pathetic bitter little man, you call yourself a Bristol City supporter, but that is simply a sham

Rant Over.

I'd rather have results on the board and not 20 defeats tbh,

For all we know Pitman could of said to Teflon that he felt a bit tired and didn't want to be risked,

We don't see what goes on in the dressing room and training pitch

oh and just for you donald we have scorde more then 3 goals in, 6 games where as we have conceded more then 3 goals in 13 games this season,

Last season we scored 3+ goals in 5 games (we have had an improvement of a whole 1 game) where as we conceded 3+ in 8 games (we're worse now under millen),

Although Johnson wasn't in charge the whole season so we'll go back another season for you,

2008/2009

3+ 3 times 3 against 6 times,

So to sum it up we were harder to beat under johnson and always finished higher in the table then we are under Millen,

I know which I would take

All stats we're taking from the OS and not misguarded/Selective memories

Archived