IGNORED

Bostock

internetjef

as we have some kind of loan link with spurs, what ever happened to this kid?

He plays central midfield and was heralded as some kind of super wonderkid when spurs cradle-snatched him from the orange mits of tango man.

I remember he scored an absolute belter on loan at Hull first day of the season but then seemed to drop off the radar completely, returned to spurs at xmas then nothing.

With everyone in championship looking for the next charlie adam/adel taraabt its going to be tough getting a quality playmaker in this close season.

Being as its a position we are desperate to fill, and we will prob be on a budget perhaps this guy could be worth a season long loan punt. We could be a good springboard for him aswell as we could guarantee him first team footie and give him a chance to show what he can do???

You're welcome to have him on loan mate. He went out on loan last season to Brentford and didnt last long, was told his attitude is crap and didnt want to work hard enough to be a a regular in their team.

This summer/early season I was expecting him to flourish while he was out on loan and he seemed to be doing well in the first few months at Hull. However, once January came around he came right back to Spurs and I'm suspecting things havent changed with him. I'd also put it down to Nigel Pearson who seemed to play very defensive tactics at times so this in turn would keep Bostock out of his plans since he is a very much attacked minded player.

He's got all the potential in the world but him and Danny Rose are the only top (and I use this term loosely because there are better youth players at the club) young players who are the club still, while all the others are out on loans. That tells me a few things, one of which is that clubs arent interested in him since I'm assuming he was offered to clubs in January to go out on loan to.

You're welcome to have him on loan mate. He went out on loan last season to Brentford and didnt last long, was told his attitude is crap and didnt want to work hard enough to be a a regular in their team.

This summer/early season I was expecting him to flourish while he was out on loan and he seemed to be doing well in the first few months at Hull. However, once January came around he came right back to Spurs and I'm suspecting things havent changed with him. I'd also put it down to Nigel Pearson who seemed to play very defensive tactics at times so this in turn would keep Bostock out of his plans since he is a very much attacked minded player.

He's got all the potential in the world but him and Danny Rose are the only top (and I use this term loosely because there are better youth players at the club) young players who are the club still, while all the others are out on loans. That tells me a few things, one of which is that clubs arent interested in him since I'm assuming he was offered to clubs in January to go out on loan to.

thanks for all your input since you joined otib even though most of it is "hands of caulker". :-(

What about this andros townsend?

thanks for all your input since you joined otib even though most of it is "hands of caulker". :-(

What about this andros townsend?

Thanks for the acknowledgement, one of your posters comes onto our Spurs forum as well and was very helpful with keeping us up to date on how Caulker was doing (he still posts from time to time). Shame about his injury but you all have definitely helped his progress and if he turns out like I'm hoping he will we'll know who to thank for that (Besides Yeovil :clapping: )

I rate Townsend, going to find it tough to break into our first team with Bale and Lennon in our starting XI but I have high hopes for him. Very very quick winger, can play either wing but seems to be playing more of an inverted style for Millwall (hate that he's there). I saw him play in preseason out on the left and he looked very comfortable out there as well, his end ball needs work but he has definitely improved since the last time I saw him play. I would definitely like to have him back next season as we'll be moving on 1 or 2 of our wide men (Kranjcar/Bentley) and I think he could definitely provide some good cover for us. I wouldnt rule out a loan move in the first half of the season, he obviously wants games and if he can find the right club for him then I hope he goes to get games. I do think the club will be looking to get him into a PL side if he continues playing like he has for the last month or so, really depends on what he does over the summer/pre-season.

We really have some great youth players/players breaking into the first team squad that I wouldnt mind seeing go to you all on loan. It depends on what you're looking for in your team,

Thanks for the acknowledgement, one of your posters comes onto our Spurs forum as well and was very helpful with keeping us up to date on how Caulker was doing (he still posts from time to time). Shame about his injury but you all have definitely helped his progress and if he turns out like I'm hoping he will we'll know who to thank for that (Besides Yeovil :clapping: )

I rate Townsend, going to find it tough to break into our first team with Bale and Lennon in our starting XI but I have high hopes for him. Very very quick winger, can play either wing but seems to be playing more of an inverted style for Millwall (hate that he's there). I saw him play in preseason out on the left and he looked very comfortable out there as well, his end ball needs work but he has definitely improved since the last time I saw him play. I would definitely like to have him back next season as we'll be moving on 1 or 2 of our wide men (Kranjcar/Bentley) and I think he could definitely provide some good cover for us. I wouldnt rule out a loan move in the first half of the season, he obviously wants games and if he can find the right club for him then I hope he goes to get games. I do think the club will be looking to get him into a PL side if he continues playing like he has for the last month or so, really depends on what he does over the summer/pre-season.

We really have some great youth players/players breaking into the first team squad that I wouldnt mind seeing go to you all on loan. It depends on what you're looking for in your team,

:innocent06:

He's a winger then. Shame really cuz we seem to have a few wide players but nothing creative in the middle. If he can play CM then sweet.

With regards to your last comment about "what we're looking for in a team", well we could use a GK, 4 defenders, 4 midfielders and someone to partner pitman next season when Maynard gets sold in the summer.

But in all seriousness, a creative CM is vital to us and has been since we let Paul Hartley go last summer. That Van Der Vaart looks alright to me.

And Caulker back for another season. That Kyle Walker looks handy as well. Living in the midlands, I have loads of Villa supporting mates and they rave about him. You do have some quality youth coming through the ranks. If this law comes in about having a certain amount of players in your first 11 from your academy, i think spurs could do realy well.

He's a winger then. Shame really cuz we seem to have a few wide players but nothing creative in the middle. If he can play CM then sweet.

With regards to your last comment about "what we're looking for in a team", well we could use a GK, 4 defenders, 4 midfielders and someone to partner pitman next season when Maynard gets sold in the summer.

But in all seriousness, a creative CM is vital to us and has been since we let Paul Hartley go last summer. That Van Der Vaart looks alright to me.

And Caulker back for another season. That Kyle Walker looks handy as well. Living in the midlands, I have loads of Villa supporting mates and they rave about him. You do have some quality youth coming through the ranks. If this law comes in about having a certain amount of players in your first 11 from your academy, i think spurs could do realy well.

haha GK, 4 defenders, 4 midfielders, and 1 striker.....(made me laugh out loud)

Here's some names from our academy that you could see up in the Championship next season (who have been playing League 1 this season). Might even go to you all on loan since Harry will take into consideration the job you all did for Caulker.

Tom Carroll CM- on loan at Orient, clever player and was really doing a job for them but as of late he hasnt got many games

Paul Jose M'Poku CM- on loan at Orient as well, more of a #10 type player but he is also another who has a a lot of flare in his game

Dean Parrett CM- on loan at Charlton, really rated this kid a few seasons ago (he played in a few UEFA cup games for us) but has somewhat drifted off but I wouldnt put it down to his attitude like Bostock I just dont think his previous loans have been the best for him.

The last one has been our best u18 this season, I'm assuming he'll go out on loan next season to League 1. Massimo Lunogo, has everything you'd want in a CM work rate, fantastic passer, and gets plenty of goals from midfield.

There might be 1 or 2 others but those are the ones that I'm hoping make the jump up to Championship football next season.

I really want Kyle Walker to get his chance in our starting XI, he needs to work on his defensive game a bit but the season he's had has been fantastic.

Archived