IGNORED

Well Guys, This Is What The Aim Was.

Redhyde

This is what we're realistically capable of as a club and I remember the league one days when we were begging for this. All seems so long ago.

We're bottom third of attendances in the league, we were even in the promotion push. It's time to change to change your expectations, it's time to curb your enthusiasm. Put aside your hopes and dreams. Embrace mediocrity! Embrace Keith Millen. Embrace 90% of our team!

"Lets win it for the chairman guys" If that doesn't inspire you for the future, then well you're like everyone else.

But it's lovely outside, you don't need to waste it sitting inside an ever increasingly empty and dilapidated stadium.

It really is depressing even thinking of city at the moment.

It's not depressing to be where we are.

We can all hope and strive for more, but i don't sit here thinking "god this is sh!t". I'd like to see us improve and i think that without to much of an overhaul, we can. But in the here and now, it's not that bad. We have a good set of fans, a decent away following and a decent sized club. I would like us to achieve more, but i'm more than aware that we are a lot better off than most.

The only question i would raise is does Steve Lansdown keep covering losses of £10m for the next 3/4 years, just so we don't break our current wage/transfer structure, or does he think '**** it', i'll pump £40m into one season and roll the dice.

Don't be to disheartened my friend! It's a lot better than 7,000 at home to Luton or travelling to York City on a Tuesday night.

We all strive for improvement, but there is nothing defeatist in appreciating what you do have, from time to time.

It's not depressing to be where we are.

We can all hope and strive for more, but i don't sit here thinking "god this is sh!t". I'd like to see us improve and i think that without to much of an overhaul, we can. But in the here and now, it's not that bad. We have a good set of fans, a decent away following and a decent sized club. I would like us to achieve more, but i'm more than aware that we are a lot better off than most.

The only question i would raise is does Steve Lansdown keep covering losses of £10m for the next 3/4 years, just so we don't break our current wage/transfer structure, or does he think '**** it', i'll pump £40m into one season and roll the dice.

Don't be to disheartened my friend! It's a lot better than 7,000 at home to Luton or travelling to York City on a Tuesday night.

We all strive for improvement, but there is nothing defeatist in appreciating what you do have, from time to time.

Well said! :clapping:

i think finally the majority of City fans are realising we've hit our ceiling based on the resources available. Yeah sure, people will point at Blackpool, but look at some of the relegations in recent years- Norwich and Sheffield United are far bigger clubs.

My big worry is that it costs alot of money to maintain the staus quo, and with the dismal record of the academy to produce even meaningfull squad players in recent years, spending will continue at a very worrying and unsustainable rate. With the stadium plans stalling, it would be interesting to see if there is a plan B for the future, as at the monent without a stadium plan b seems to be "live off SL".

There's nothing wrong with a mid table finish, the play off campaign probably raised expectations to a unrealistic level, but it can't go on as it is just unaffordable and unispiring.

<br />i think finally the majority of City fans are realising we've hit our ceiling based on the resources available.  Yeah sure, people will point at Blackpool, but look at some of the relegations in recent years- Norwich and Sheffield United are far bigger clubs.<br /><br />My big worry is that it costs alot of money to maintain the staus quo, and with the dismal record of the academy to produce even meaningfull squad players in recent years, spending will continue at a very worrying and unsustainable rate.  With the stadium plans stalling, it would be interesting to see if there is a plan B for the future, as at the monent without a stadium plan b seems to be &quot;live off SL&quot;.  <br /><br />There's nothing wrong with a mid table finish, the play off campaign probably raised expectations to a unrealistic level, but it can't go on as it is just unaffordable and unispiring.<br />

I agree with this.

I often think to myself 'what do i really want as i fan?'. The answer is a football club for me and my family and my future generations to follow. Maybe we'll be in division 4, maybe we'll be in the top flight. Either way a secure club is better than no club at all. I don't want us to go bust chasing a dream.

Archived