IGNORED

City Target Sought By Toffees

InCider

Not sure if anyone saw this (linked from the BBC gossip column) ...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3551366/Everton-line-up-bid-for-Prestons-Billy-Jones.html

Just wondering if we could have stumped up the cash in January to make certain of his signature. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure he'd prefer to be a squad player at Everton than join us. Also, he may be more inclined to join Burnley, as I assume he lives in that area.

:badmood:

its in the sun thats all you need to know,

Why would a club that is pushing for europe go for a left back/ right back from a club who were relegated,

They already have leighton Baines and Tony Hibbert

True, I do tend to take anything in that paper with a pinch of salt, but there could be some truth in this. Firstly, Everton rarely have too much money to spend and perhaps Moyes is aware of him through his Preston connections. Baines will most likely be on his way (if Man City are interested, it's highly unlikely they'll fail to get their man - again though it's speculation). They do have Hibbert, but I'm not suggesting for one minute that Jones would be an automatic starting choice for them, but more of a squad player.

Alan Irvine signed him Moyes had left 5 years previous to that so I doubt he'd know him that well,

I wasn't suggesting that he knew him personally, just that Moyes probably still has friends at the club and probably still keeps an eye on them. He's bound to still have a great affection for the club.

Archived