IGNORED

Poznan - City Fans At Derby

BristolBEAT

It's pathetic.

My god how open minded and exciting are people from Bristol, especially City. I think everyone needs to go away for a year just as I have for 3, to fully appreciate and have passion for my city.

And before others shoot this down. People from Manchester - Proud. People from Leeds - Proud, People from Liverpool - Proud, People from Newcastle - Proud (Just to name a few). This forum criticises only and is never optimistic.

My god how open minded and exciting are people from Bristol, especially City. I think everyone needs to go away for a year just as I have for 3, to fully appreciate and have passion for my city.

And before others shoot this down. People from Manchester - Proud. People from Leeds - Proud, People from Liverpool - Proud, People from Newcastle - Proud (Just to name a few). This forum criticises only and is never optimistic.

Not all of us fella!!

However be prepared to be told you blindly follow the clubs line, live with rose tinted glasses, are a happy clapper etc!!!

We have loads to be optimistic about. A good core set of players, clearly one or two will be moved on as their contracts expire to make way for competition in a few areas. But I'm startin to get quit optimistic about Wilson, Ribeiro and the others starting to force their way ino the first team squad as well...We are not as far off as some would like us to believe and we have a benefactor (SL) who will ensure finance will remain available...It took Alan Dicks ten years to build a promotion winning team, I personally think that KM might have one in a lot less than that...keep the faith!

Sorry Pompey - Proud, Chelsea (If you know anything about fanbases) - Proud, Spurs - Proud

You cant compare the passion in the North of the country compared to the South, they're worlds apart. Bristol is a fine example of how little the middle class think of the game of football. A massive City with a pitiful following. Burnley for example is a small town, but the community focus is their football team, same as Stoke etc.

Not all of us fella!!

However be prepared to be told you blindly follow the clubs line, live with rose tinted glasses, are a happy clapper etc!!!

We have loads to be optimistic about. A good core set of players, clearly one or two will be moved on as their contracts expire to make way for competition in a few areas. But I'm startin to get quit optimistic about Wilson, Ribeiro and the others starting to force their way ino the first team squad as well...We are not as far off as some would like us to believe and we have a benefactor (SL) who will ensure finance will remain available...It took Alan Dicks ten years to build a promotion winning team, I personally think that KM might have one in a lot less than that...keep the faith!

Fair Shout, Completely agree with the youth coming through following the away performance. But I think you can sort of see where I am coming from.. Plus I have every right to suggest things, taking the 6 hour return journey from Bournemouth for every home game!

Man City copying another teams thing was cringeworthy enough. Us then copying them takes embarrassing to a whole new level :noexp:

Almost every country including and East of Germany use this jumping 'style', Man C were the first in the UK. Its not uncommon, not cringe worthy, looks kinda fun and especially on the Gas's very special day on Saturday

this from the guy who sits on OTIB most weeks and slags the team/Millen/players/Lansdowns dog/etc off in "match thread" after "match thread"? :surrender:

Almost every country including and East of Germany use this jumping 'style', Man C were the first in the UK. Its not uncommon, not cringe worthy, looks kinda fun and especially on the Gas's very special day on Saturday

Quite a few clubs did the hugging other men thing before Man City e.g Celtic & Crystal Palace. Celtic have been rubbing each other for decades.

I prefer doing the Eastend. Basically, you slate your fellow supporters for not being as committed as yourself, whilst claiming to make a lot of noise that the other three stands can't hear :laughcont:

and leaving just as much as the other three stands... but as there are ony 50 people in there it doesnt look as much :tumbleweed:

Not all of us fella!!

Im optimistic. Wilson and Ribbs will be like 2 new signings. Hope Ribbs will be fit next season. Woolford can only do better next season. If we can do the defence well next season I think we have chance to be top six. COME ON YOU REDS!!!

why does it matter if we are copying it from someone else, why are some people so quick to go down on those trying to have a good time. its all about enjoying yourself, have a laugh. it was a great day out, brilliant atmosphere, thats what football is about!

roll on saturdays party.

why does it matter if we are copying it from someone else, why are some people so quick to go down on those trying to have a good time. its all about enjoying yourself, have a laugh. it was a great day out, brilliant atmosphere, thats what football is about!

roll on saturdays party.

I quite agree, but trying to convince the missus is another matter.

All football chants and stuff are copied and go around the grounds eventually

Even that Crystal Palace chant "We like it , We like it, We like it...." one they nicked from non-league fans who in turn had nicked it from German football fans

Remember when everyone said Doncaster copying the Bounce Around the Ground thing was shocking. Same applies here.

surely its a good thing other teams are using our bounce song. shows that we actually created a decent chant, we should only welcome others to use it.

the song "city bounce around" was good at derby, seemed to last alot longer than it usually does at the gate.

You cant compare the passion in the North of the country compared to the South, they're worlds apart. Bristol is a fine example of how little the middle class think of the game of football. A massive City with a pitiful following. Burnley for example is a small town, but the community focus is their football team, same as Stoke etc.

Yes but let's be frank; what else does Burnley have? Not a lot. Whereas Bristol is a bastion of Rugby down the years and is a fabulous city with loads of things to do and see and a great quality of life.

If a small band of east Enders want to celebrate a goal by turning round, joining arms and bouncing then good luck to them although I personally think it's a waste of a good celebration by the players; I'd much rather look at a nice green pitch with our players going beswerk than the back of someone's dandruff head.

Yes but let's be frank; what else does Burnley have?

Add Blackburn, Wigan, Sunderland, Newcastlol, Sjoke, Hull, infact the north is just shit shit shit shit, Liverpool is a cesspit too, City of culture? piss off, City of theives and whores!

Dont get me started on Manchester

Man City copying another teams thing was cringeworthy enough. Us then copying them takes embarrassing to a whole new level :noexp:

Ever been involved in an atmosphere at a football match matey?

Mostly it involves singing one, some, or many of the following ditties :

Come On You Reds

City Til I Die

We're By Far The Greatest Team

We Love You City, We Do

Come on City, Come On City

EIEIEIO Up The Football League We Go

Red Army, Red Army

Lets Go F'Ken Mental

Keep The Red Flag Flying High

You Are My City, My Only City

The Reds Are Going Up

The Gas Are Going Down

If You All Hate Bristol Rovers

You're Not Singing Anymore

Cheerio Cheerio Cheerio

The Referee's A Winker

etc etc.

Anyway, without wishing to labour the point, I can quite confidently say that Bristol City Fans did not make up ANY of these songs which we rattle out on a regular basis.

If you wanted Bristol City Fans to only sing songs which Bristol City Fans have themselves introduced to football, then you'd be left pretty bored mate.

I couldn't care less who sang it first, who made it up, where it came from etc. If it's good and creates atmos then get on with it.

If you like, you can try to invent something new yourself and stand up and start it off. Takes a bit of balls to get up in front of thousands and sing a song no-one knows. I've done it plenty of times myself and made myself look like an arse. But someone's gotta do it, and without those blokes trying new things and starting off the songs there'd be no atmos at football and the game would be a thousand times worse.

Embrace it baby. Or introduce something better.

Archived