IGNORED

David Robertson

'Orns

Pretty certain this fella's name came up after the news of KM's Scottish scouting trip came up?

Attacking midfielder with a knack of scoring big goals, is this one that has slipped through the net, can any of our Scottish correspondants give us any more info on the bloke?

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/Sport/Football/article/13573/dundee-united-s-david-robertson-to-seek-new-challenge-with-st-johnstone.html

Pretty certain this fella's name came up after the news of KM's Scottish scouting trip came up?

Attacking midfielder with a knack of scoring big goals, is this one that has slipped through the net, can any of our Scottish correspondants give us any more info on the bloke?

http://www.thecourie...-johnstone.html

Ambitious chap isn't he :(

I really don't understand?! there is nothing in the SPL that would help our midfield to achieve a top six finish next year! we have to look at players who CAN play in the championship and who have experience of it.

examples

ambrose and danns from palace both very talented midfielders.

coppinger and stock from donny, they have both shown they can play at this level.

jay tabb and brian howard from reading, really good players and if reading go up they want to improve their squad so we could snatch them.

aron gunnarsson from coventry, very good talent and he throws the ball miles, so it gives us other options

these are the type of players we should be looking at!

most players we sign from scotland are at best rubbish,

I'd rather us go for Danns or someone from league one (a better level then the SPL)

I think it's unfair to dismiss a whole division and country of players. We have had some players who have struggled to make the transition recently, but I would imagine that most people would say that we missed Hartley this season and, whether you are a fan or not, Macca has had pretty good career here and would represent good value for money in comparison to full backs we could have got from the english leagues. Milly seems to generally have a good eye for a talented player and if he thinks he can pick up the odd bargain from those leagues it must be worth a try. Some people think we should be looking for the untapped talent at non-league level or in Ireland, at least the Scottish players are used to full time training which helps when it comes to settling in.

I really don't understand?! there is nothing in the SPL that would help our midfield to achieve a top six finish next year! we have to look at players who CAN play in the championship and who have experience of it.

examples

ambrose and danns from palace both very talented midfielders.

coppinger and stock from donny, they have both shown they can play at this level.

jay tabb and brian howard from reading, really good players and if reading go up they want to improve their squad so we could snatch them.

aron gunnarsson from coventry, very good talent and he throws the ball miles, so it gives us other options

these are the type of players we should be looking at!

Walter Smith?

Archived