IGNORED

Tommy Doherty

still my favourite ever city player. Could tackle and pass with both feet. shame about the dodgy lifestyle and lack of pace that i believe stopped him playing at a higher level.

I hope your not insinuating that liking a beer or ten constitutes a dodgy lifestyle or I'm past redemption.

still my favourite ever city player. Could tackle and pass with both feet. shame about the dodgy lifestyle and lack of pace that i believe stopped him playing at a higher level.

Really? have we been that shit over the last 15 years? that their is not one other player who would stand out more than Tommy!!!! dont deny he was a good player, my favourite memory of him tho, was being in tobacco factory friday nite circa 2003, night before a game and Tommy had a bottle of becks in either hand and a fag sticking out of his mouth!!! ha ha throw back to footballers of the early 70's

Really? have we been that shit over the last 15 years? that their is not one other player who would stand out more than Tommy!!!! dont deny he was a good player, my favourite memory of him tho, was being in tobacco factory friday nite circa 2003, night before a game and Tommy had a bottle of becks in either hand and a fag sticking out of his mouth!!! ha ha throw back to footballers of the early 70's

I think I'm more disgusted about him actually being in THAT place.

ha! good point! that did make me laugh. I guess as a kid there was nothing better than seeing tommy fly into those tackles, "tommy's gunna get you" and all that. I honestly dont think there has been a player since who flies into tackles like he did. Marv puts himself about a bit, as does skuse.

Skuse's flying tackle against forest that got nearly as big a cheer as a goal is the closest i can remember since tommy's days.

And football is a game of opinion, so yes he really is my fav city player of all time. We must be shit then eh...:city:

ha! good point! that did make me laugh. I guess as a kid there was nothing better than seeing tommy fly into those tackles, "tommy's gunna get you" and all that. I honestly dont think there has been a player since who flies into tackles like he did. Marv puts himself about a bit, as does skuse.

Skuse's flying tackle against forest that got nearly as big a cheer as a goal is the closest i can remember since tommy's days.

And football is a game of opinion, so yes he really is my fav city player of all time. We must be shit then eh...:city:

As said, could use both feet as well. A truly gifted footballer adopting to divisions lower from his true skills.

My favourite ever player, regardless of club.

I stopped supporting England when Tommy smashed Frank Lampard in 2004. I was stood in the pub cheering, it didn't go down well.

Dont think we ever really replaced him. The likes of Doc are a dieing breed, players cant get shitfaced, smoke some tabs and play 90 week in week out anymore, unless your name is Ashley Cole.

i think that has always been tommys problem - he can barely last an hour, even in his prime. I used to know tom when he was a kid, and he always had a look in his eye when he was playing football, some of the tackles were frightening though - I remember him picking up a booking when he just ran at an oppenent as the ball was coming down on to the opponents head, tommy flew at him head first - complete disregard for your own safety is the way to go!

the stuff about smoking and drinking were all true though, other wise he could have played in the premier league.

Archived