IGNORED

Atyeo Statue

eastonboy

The deadline set by the ST of summer 2011 is almost upon us, does anyone have an idea of how much has been raised so far.(£100k target)

For my part, I used to participate in the MoTM vote, which always went to Lee Johnson(regardless if he was in the team or not), as I am a contrarian son of a ....

I think the fundraising will only really kick in when we start building the stadium... people are only going to be inclined to putting money into something they know is actually going to happen.

Deadline was always going to be extended when the spanner got thrown in the works with regards to the stadium. There's a healthy amount in the bank but we need a lot more.

As mentioned though, the proper fundraising will kick in when we finally get the go-ahead.

Fair enough.

I appreciate you don't want to give precise figures DM, but given the St had £15k, leaving an 85k balance - are we over 50% of the target or under 50% of the target?

Does the text vote for the MoTM contribute anything of significance?

We're over 50% of the target we set ourselves (which is slightly less than the figure you mention) but not by much, and yes, every penny counts, the more who sign up to have their name on the statue, everyone who votes either for MOTM or like at the moment for player of the year, they're all doing their bit.

Thankyou to everyone who has so far, and keep going people.

Steve Landsdown MOtM tomorrow?!!

That is actually an excellent idea.

Obviously, for Mr Lansdown to get the vote the ST would have to allocate him a number, but I would suspect that the votes cast for Mr Lansdown in one game could exceed the entire votes cast throughout the season.

Get on it ST, would be a decent recognition for Mr Lansdown, plus raise a fair whack for the Atyeo statue.

Archived