IGNORED

Composition Of Bristol City Council

Interesting to note that there are now 35 Councillors who are probably anti-stadium and pro-village green (33 Lib dems and 2 greens) and 35 who are probably pro the stadium and anti village green (21 Labour and 14 Tory).

If this goes to a vote of the whole council then we could still have a long wait for the village green nonsense to be overturned.

Interesting to note that there are now 35 Councillors who are probably anti-stadium and pro-village green (33 Lib dems and 2 greens) and 35 who are probably pro the stadium and anti village green (21 Labour and 14 Tory).

If this goes to a vote of the whole council then we could still have a long wait for the village green nonsense to be overturned.

Is it really that simplistic, though?

Some of those on the committee who approved Sainsbury's at Ashton Gate were Lib Dems, Simon Cook, the current deputy leader of the council and a Lib Dem seems to have been as overt as is possible about wanting the stadium to go ahead and I'm not 100% convinced that all Tories and Labour are definitely in favour, though it is probably safe to say that Green maniac from Southville who spoke at the meeting and her new Tescos hating friend elected in Ashley Down last night will be against it.....

Is it really that simplistic, though?

Some of those on the committee who approved Sainsbury's at Ashton Gate were Lib Dems, Simon Cook, the current deputy leader of the council and a Lib Dem seems to have been as overt as is possible about wanting the stadium to go ahead and I'm not 100% convinced that all Tories and Labour are definitely in favour, though it is probably safe to say that Green maniac from Southville who spoke at the meeting and her new Tescos hating friend elected in Ashley Down last night will be against it.....

Agree but that complete toss piece didn't win a seat :)

The Stockwood Lib Dem candidate is for the stadium, so it doesn't work like that.....even Rayner said he was for the stadium. ;)

I would guess that if it went to a full council vote, the stadium would win quite comfortably, the only trouble is, would the decision be legal.

BCAGFC

The Stockwood Lib Dem candidate is for the stadium, so it doesn't work like that.....even Rayner said he was for the stadium. ;)

I would guess that if it went to a full council vote, the stadium would win quite comfortably, the only trouble is, would the decision be legal.

BCAGFC

Rayner said he was pro stadium but then voted against Sainsburys, knowing full well that the stadium wouldn't be built without the input from Sainsburys.

I fully expect the Lib Dems to say thay are pro stadium but then also to say that they are pro village greens!!

Agree but that complete toss piece didn't win a seat :)

Nope, I meant Tess Green who is still Southville's other councillor.

Her seat wasn't up for re-election hence Boulton standing against Sean Benyon.

This is what I don't get. A lot of these politicians are voting based on their OWN opinions rather than what the constituency or party line is.

I thought the whole point of these politicians were to represent what the voters want?

Precisely : Bristol City Councillors - Please Take Note!!! (afterall there will be more local elections in the future ... )

Nope, I meant Tess Green who is still Southville's other councillor.

Her seat wasn't up for re-election hence Boulton standing against Sean Benyon.

Ah, the other toss piece. I guess if the stadium isn't built by the time her seat is up for re-election she'll get the boot too.

Archived