IGNORED

Rose Starts For Spurs

Night84

Danny Rose is in the Spurs starting line up for their crucial game with Blackpool.

Be interesting to see if he has got the quality to make it in the prem and if it was just our team he couldn't fit in to....

Starting at left back. I thought he was average at best, can't see him making it in the Prem.

Had a good game at LB. Maybe we should have tried him there?

Yeah, one of the ideas I thought of earlier in the season was similar Rose offering a true attacking threat from LB and Riberio from RB. Might have given us an extra dimension had RIberio ever been fit long enough for us to have tried it!

No point in theorising as he just wasn't interested in playing for us in the Championship!:dunno:

This, if he played like he played today week-in-week-out when he was at the Gate, he would have raped this division. As it was, he couldn't be arsed and we were better off shot of him.

This, if he played like he played today week-in-week-out when he was at the Gate, he would have raped this division. As it was, he couldn't be arsed and we were better off shot of him.

Couldn't be arsed??? Wheres your proof of this.

What u saw was glimpses of brilliance mixed with below par performances. A young talented winger - what else would you expect that we could attract a bristol city? A complete or near complete player? Those are rare

Seeing him playing left back, it may be that he's better suited there and it's so frustrating seeing him play so well in the Premier League and yet we're stuck with mcallister

What u saw was glimpses of brilliance mixed with below par performances. A young talented winger - what else would you expect that we could attract a bristol city? A complete or near complete player? Those are rare

Seeing him playing left back, it may be that he's better suited there and it's so frustrating seeing him play so well in the Premier League and yet we're stuck with mcallister

Please use a less distasteful description.

It's a completely different context and used commonly in informal discussion as a way of saying 'having the beating of', but apologies if you were offended.

I don't agree. The word 'rape' is not commonly used in informal discussion although it does seem to be used incorrectly by some,...........well,...... by Ronnabe.

One game of many that spring to mind, Middlesbrough away, he was atrocious, a yard off the pace and didn't try to beat his man once throughout the 90 minutes. Compare this with QPR home when he was unplayable, and it's pretty clear he turned up when he fancied it.

Well gollywog isn't used by mine, but was by a previous...

Language changes, always has and always will.

Indeed, and when it was suggested that the term 'gollywog' was offensive, its use became, and is now quite rare. Hopefully this will become the case with the word 'rape' when used in the wrong context.

I think, when you set Rose's commitment alongside that of Caulker and Spence, he regularly did look like he wasn't interested.

I dont think we seen the best of danny rose,like some here i dont think he fancied it here or wanted to be here.

I have seen him play for various england teams over the years and more often than not he has been one of the better players on the pitch.Alot of times he has been playing in the middle of midfield but he has also showed he has talent on the left side of midfield.

If his attitude was better he could make it in the prem but if he doesnt change then i think he is gonna have a hard few seasons ahead of him.

Sort yourself out danny lad,dont waste what talent you have...

One game of many that spring to mind, Middlesbrough away, he was atrocious, a yard off the pace and didn't try to beat his man once throughout the 90 minutes. Compare this with QPR home when he was unplayable, and it's pretty clear he turned up when he fancied it.

OR its pretty clear he is inconsistent? as most wingers and youngsters are!

OR its pretty clear he is inconsistent? as most wingers and youngsters are!

It's not difficult to tell the difference between someone who doesn't put his heart & soul into a performance and someone who just doesn't get it right all the time.

It's not difficult to tell the difference between someone who doesn't put his heart & soul into a performance and someone who just doesn't get it right all the time.

what "tells" you his heart wasnt in it then??

what "tells" you his heart wasnt in it then??

Tracking back, beating his man, making himself available in space, pressing the opposition, and then the opposite. Such a noticable difference between games.

Tracking back, beating his man, making himself available in space, pressing the opposition, and then the opposite. Such a noticable difference between games.

That sounds like an inexperienced player.

Makes me laugh how people were harping about bring in young prem players and then expecting them to be complete players.

You need to get used to players like danny rose, if we're gonna have lots of young players as millen is playing. In fact it will be worse, because danny rose is one of the better youngsters in the country!

Makes me laugh how people were harping about bring in young prem players and then expecting them to be complete players.

You need to get used to players like danny rose, if we're gonna have lots of young players as millen is playing. In fact it will be worse, because danny rose is one of the better youngsters in the country!

It sounds like a player who isn't 100% comitted to putting in a performance for the club he is playing for. Nobody (should) doubt that Rose is one of the better young wingers in the country, But his performances here in the "average" games as opposed to televised ones were inconsistent and littered with examples of petulance and lack of effort.

Rose will be going into every single game he plays for Tottenham 100% commited to impressing HR, Here he was fairly obviously not. I would agree that that is an understandable attitude, but it does show that he was lazy and not commited.

I doubt we will see an example of him not runnning hard in a Spurs shirt in the next few years if he is given the opportunity. Here however there were numerous examples of it.

Danny Rose could have been as good as Caulker had he applied himself, as said before, he didn't. Being 'inexperienced' is a pathetic excuse. He's 20 for christ's sake, not 5, if he's got to this age without the knowledge that you should at least try your best if you want to succeed, then god help him.

I dont think we seen the best of danny rose,like some here i dont think he fancied it here or wanted to be here.

I have seen him play for various england teams over the years and more often than not he has been one of the better players on the pitch.Alot of times he has been playing in the middle of midfield but he has also showed he has talent on the left side of midfield.

If his attitude was better he could make it in the prem but if he doesnt change then i think he is gonna have a hard few seasons ahead of him.

Sort yourself out danny lad,dont waste what talent you have...

I still can't get my head around the fact that we never tried him at left back. Even at Swansea we played JCR left back and stuck Rose in front of him. Spurs signed him as a left back from Leeds, he never looked comfortable receiving the ball in midfield especially when being marked tightly. Give him the ball with play in front of him and he looks a much better player.

Archived