IGNORED

Argyle

Apologies if this is on the wrong forum or if this has already been mentioned, but I've just read that Plymouth have reached a deal with their creditors which will see them repay less than 1p for every £ they owe.

So, for example, non-league Southport FC are owed £50k and will now receive less than £400.

I am amazed that the creditors have agreed to such a pathetic deal. Surely they would have been better off letting the club go bankrupt, as the resulting sale of the ground and the playing staff would raise far more money than this.

I am happy that a football club has survived, but genuinely amazed that those people who were owed money have let them off the hook so lightly. It's like the Pompey situation all over again.

The way that some clubs operate financially really makes me feel uncomfortable. Local businesses in Plymouth who did business with the club in good faith will have lost a lot of money, which they can ill afford.

Did we have a similar clause for Bradley Orr now that qpr have been promoted?

ha ha dnt be silly were bcfc we dnt do things like that (andy cole etc) mind you if danny coles plays for england and scores the winner in the world cup finals i think we get entered into the rovers christmas hamper draw for free .....:tumbleweed:

I think that I read somewhere that when clubs go into admin that football debts have to be paid in full., so they will have to find the money from somewhere to pay debts like that in full.

Indeed, it's one of the FA rules or it was until very recently (the Revenue were challenging it in court but not for the first time).

I suspect they have to pay football creditors in full.

Indeed, it's one of the FA rules or it was until very recently (the Revenue were challenging it in court but not for the first time).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13313804.stm

You are probably right about the football creditors but it's a devastating blow for the non-football creditors.

Indeed, and the judge has agreed that HMRC can use this case to challenge the football creditors rule. They tried it in the Portsmouth case but the judge chickened out, claiming he had no jurisdiction. The outcome could make a hell of a difference. It is scandal that millionaire footballers get their money in full whereas local businesses and the tax payer get bugger all.

Indeed, and the judge has agreed that HMRC can use this case to challenge the football creditors rule. They tried it in the Portsmouth case but the judge chickened out, claiming he had no jurisdiction. The outcome could make a hell of a difference. It is scandal that millionaire footballers get their money in full whereas local businesses and the tax payer get bugger all.

I'm not sure how easy it would be to challenge. Isn't it, in effect, a rule that simply says "if you want to continue to play in our leagues you musn't owe any club any money".

Its a rule of participation and administrators have no choice but to adhere to it to save the club. It can't be considered that the FA is writing tax/fiscal law.

But WTFDIK.

I'm not sure how easy it would be to challenge. Isn't it, in effect, a rule that simply says "if you want to continue to play in our leagues you musn't owe any club any money".

Its a rule of participation and administrators have no choice but to adhere to it to save the club. It can't be considered that the FA is writing tax/fiscal law.

But WTFDIK.

http://www.independe...ts-2279579.html

We shall see what the High Court decides, though I will not hold my breath. We have seen in recent years just how much the Establishment looks after it's own.

Archived