IGNORED

Ryan Harley

He's got an article in the football league paper saying he could make his swansea debut in the play-offs, having finished his loan spell at exeter. He's just moved from bristol to swansea. I would guess he'll play a part in their squad no matter what division they are in

He's got an article in the football league paper saying he could make his swansea debut in the play-offs, having finished his loan spell at exeter. He's just moved from bristol to swansea. I would guess he'll play a part in their squad no matter what division they are in

You may be right but my understanding was that swansea signed him on a pre-contract agreement in januray. I.e. he's out of contract this summer with exeter and agreed to move to move to Swansea 6 months in advance. This meant that swansea would get him for free but he also would not become a swansea player until his contract with exeter expired.

Not sure though...does everyone else think they bought him and loaned him back in january?

You may be right but my understanding was that swansea signed him on a pre-contract agreement in januray. I.e. he's out of contract this summer with exeter and agreed to move to move to Swansea 6 months in advance. This meant that swansea would get him for free but he also would not become a swansea player until his contract with exeter expired.

Not sure though...does everyone else think they bought him and loaned him back in january?

Pre contract and a few quid between clubs that we will never know about.

His profile page on the Exeter City website describes him as being on loan from Swansea.

He signed for them on a free and was loaned back.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/e/exeter_city/9370724.stm

Strange situation with Harley, to buy a player a loan them back is the way forward i think with top clubs but with Harley if they go up will he still be in there plans, time will tell.

They got him on a free then loaned him back as part of the deal.

It was basically a pre-season contract agreement, but a technical way out so other clubs couldnt talk to him

Why the **** did we let him go in the first place!

By his own admission he was not sufficiently professional. Apparently he had refuelling issues and was said to be too influenced by one or two of our less professional if talented players at the time, something Keith would know all about of course. Could have been yet another wasted talent so it is to his credit that he went out of the League and rebuilt his career, but I imagine he would see nothing to be gained by coming back to us. As I recall Keith said we had watched him but has never suggested we tried to sign him.

he was let go beacuse he wasn't being a pro about it and was a bit of a drinker,

He had to drop out of league football all before he got his act together,

We let him go when he was 19/20 I think its taken him 5/6 years to get his career back on track,

He could of stayed with us and he might of gone nowhere,

Same can be said about Elliot Benyon

Archived