IGNORED

I Hope This Is True

cidernuta

Fingers crossed. He sounds like he'll be a great add to the team and Millen clearly rates him after bidding a fair bit for him on deadline day, despite his contract situation. Link not working though.

The SSN website has had loads of links that like lately

Fingers crossed this is true though, Hinsleburg you've got my hopes up on this one!

The SSN website has had loads of links that like lately

Fingers crossed this is true though, Hinsleburg you've got my hopes up on this one!

i hear lots of things but don't normally post on here as you get shot down, some of what i hear comes off, some doesn't. he sounded pretty confident on this one though.

Thanks for that James! i was rushing out of work whilst posting this story and i copy and pasted the wrong address line! ....

I know we bid for him in january so if this comes off our persistance will be rewarded with a quality left back!

Right thats it! surrender.gif

Can we just make this clear that he is a RIGHT BACK who can play on the left if required. A bit like Albert can play on the left but its not his preferable or best position.

Does anyone want to sign him based on performances they've seen or is it purely on press talk/hype? Because from what I can make of the situation it's the latter. He was appalling at Deepdale and was given the run around all afternoon and I can't recall him being particularly impressive in the home fixture. If every member of this forum would have seen our win at Preston and then heard we were signing Jones shortly after, believe me there would not have been a thread begging him to sign.

In which case it's very old news.:disapointed2se:

Agreed, wonder what percentage of the stuff Sky reports that actually ever comes to fruition?

I distinctly remember them saying last summer that we were "leading the chase for Motherwell midfielder Giles Coke", whereas I'm pretty sure we were never interested (it was around the time that Coppell decided to spend the first half of the summer evaluating what he had inherited) and the bloke actually signed for Sheffield Wednesday in the end.

In Jones' case it is in the public domain that we bid for him in January so this could well be a case of re-hashing this.

I'm with the you guys and hope this is true. The friendship with Maynard could mean they are both here next season which would be be amazing.

But didn't the same website last week quote Jones saying he was after a move to the prem or a top 6 champ club?

They did, but that's standard talk for a footballer I guess, wants to play at the highest level for the bigger clubs

I say we get this one nailed down before the play offs start and bigger clubs start to plan for next season

Does this mean we will be less likely to go after Spence (or will we still chase him as a CB/RB) - just I have been impressed with Spence, seen him prove he's a decent player whereas Jones is a hit/miss having not seen him play day in/out.

Archived