IGNORED

Odd Things That Happen On A Sunday Afternoon...!

'Orns

So, there I am, cooking some pasta for lunches this week, listening to the Liverpool - Tottenham game.....

My gf tells me someone is at the front door asking if her Dad is home (thanks for that one NTTDS, I'll never live than one down!), so I go out, and there's the man himself with a programme from the 1986 Freight Rover Trophy Final signed by everyone at the reunion, in return for a set of cufflinks I posted for him to weat at the event

Top man mate, much appreciated!

So, there I am, cooking some pasta for lunches this week, listening to the Liverpool - Tottenham game.....

My gf tells me someone is at the front door asking if her Dad is home (thanks for that one NTTDS, I'll never live than one down!), so I go out, and there's the man himself with a programme from the 1986 Freight Rover Trophy Final signed by everyone at the reunion, in return for a set of cufflinks I posted for him to weat at the event

Top man mate, much appreciated!

Quality, the best thing I've read on here for ages :clapping:

Sounds like a phenomenal away day from Ted - I can't wait to see the photos.innocent06.gif

Ted's triumphant arrival in Gloucester, with numerous shots of the station.

Woodsy's house from several vantage points as the atmosphere builds, including passers-by.

The Freight Rover Final programme displayed on the road, surrounded by tarmac, with a close up of the cover, and another focussing on the squad lists and signatures.

A left handed zoom in of the cuff links on Ted's shirtsleeve as he dramatically raises his arm to press the door bell.

Woodsy's 'daughter' rofl2br.giflooking suitably startled at the front door, swooning at the handsome, comparatively young looking stranger.wink.gif

A subbuteo re- enactment of the hair raising moment Woodsy's girlfriend informs him someone is at the door asking to see her Dad.laughcont.gif

A close up of the steaming pasta, quickly followed by the empty plate after Ted has devoured it, with knife and fork impeccably arranged.

Woodsy, still looking stunned, programme in hand, waving tearfully from the doorway as Ted turns briefly from his determined stride back to the station.

Followed, of course, by Ted's slightly breathless on the move phone call to Geoff Twentyman describing the afternoon's sensational events to thousands of enthralled listeners. yes.gif

Archived