IGNORED

Ivan Off

megansdad

News of ivan's move back to Hibs:

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110518/sproule-returning-home_2262950_2362158

Twitter also sees a number of people believing a Daily Star story that Nicky Maynard is off to QPR for 4million. Surely that would not be enough ........................

daily star says it all,

if all the papers are right, why would we accept 5 million from norwich only to go and sell him for 3 million to leicester (which means city would make a loss) or 4 million to QPR,

Nicky will sign a new contract with a 7-9 million release clause then we will sell him, he owes that much to us

daily star says it all,

if all the papers are right, why would we accept 5 million from norwich only to go and sell him for 3 million to leicester (which means city would make a loss) or 4 million to QPR,

Nicky will sign a new contract with a 7-9 million release clause then we will sell him, he owes that much to us

Interested to know why he owes us that?

daily star says it all,

Why does Nicky owe us anything? He kept up his end of the bargain and has scored goals whenever available in the last 2 years. I hope he stays and i genuinely believe that he'll try and do whats right by City and not try and engineer a move for a lower-than-valuation fee (at least this summer), but i don't think anyone will blame him if he goes to QPR or Norwich, even though i reckon he can do better

As for Ivan, good luck back north of the border. Great servant for the club over the last few years, even if he didn't quite have the talent to help us push on to the next level :worship2:

because our medical staff nursed him back from injury that could of ended his career thats why he owes us

I understand what you are saying but it's not as clear cut as that. Our medical staff were doing their job which therefore enabled Maynard to do his.

They aren't doing it for the good of Nicky Maynard but for the good of the club. We need Maynard to be fit and able to score goals and help us progress, or we need Maynard to be fit and able to be sold. We invested a lot of money into him and he is an valuable asset.

This sounds more harsh than fair but aren't footballers just tools of the job? If they can can treat the clubs as just stepping stones in their careers (and I am not saying Maynard is of this mentality) then the club can use them as cash cows too when it suits.

I understand what you are saying but it's not as clear cut as that. Our medical staff were doing their job which therefore enabled Maynard to do his.

They aren't doing it for the good of Nicky Maynard but for the good of the club. We need Maynard to be fit and able to score goals and help us progress, or we need Maynard to be fit and able to be sold. We invested a lot of money into him and he is an valuable asset.

This sounds more harsh than fair but aren't footballers just tools of the job? If they can can treat the clubs as just stepping stones in their careers (and I am not saying Maynard is of this mentality) then the club can use them as cash cows too when it suits.

The club isn't using him as a cash cow, they just want a realistic price for him.

And he owes us it because for 6 months he sat around injured when we still were paying him full wages.

Not many other jobs gives full wages if employee's take time of work sick.

Right let's get back on track and say some thankyous and goodbyes to Ivan.

Thanks Ivan for always giving everything. You are the fastest thing on 2 legs that I have ever seen on a football pitch, (remember at a friendly at Swindon he was ten yards faster than anyone else at City on the warm-up across the width of the pitch!) even if your end product wasn't always as scintillating.

Thankyou for regularly putting the s**ts up any defence you played against.

Most of all thankyou for your solo wonder goal at Leicester the season before last, when you actually did what you had threatened to do since joining City. That one is logged away.

Love to you and your family I hope it works out for you at Hibs.

He owes it to his family to secure the right deal. He owes it to his career to look at the options and make the best choice regarding maximising his career potential. Injuries are part and parcel of being a footballer, and if he is ambitious, now is probably the right time to try and crack the Premier League. Nice if he does sign, but he's under no obligation, and he'd be a complete fool to set the release clause so unrealistically high as to deter possible offers. A look at the financial accounts might also suggest that any offers might be welcome, to reduce our dependency on the generosity of SL.

How about getting a dose of reality, we are losing £10M per year, without SL's wallet would be deep in the mire, and aforementioned wallet is looking to leak less money in the future. We will always be a selling Club, and just have to accept this.

Ahem .......

Thanks Ivan for always giving everything. You are the fastest thing on 2 legs that I have ever seen on a football pitch, (remember at a friendly at Swindon he was ten yards faster than anyone else at City on the warm-up across the width of the pitch!) even if your end product wasn't always as scintillating.

Most of all thankyou for your solo wonder goal at Leicester the season before last, when you actually did what you had threatened to do since joining City. That one is logged away.

Ahem .......

That goal against Southampton in 2009 will live with me forever. Cheers Ivan.

Fastest player in the Champs. We'll miss his speed. Most of our super fast players have gone now. I was thinking that while watching Reading last night and wondering if we have that sort of pace; really scintillating to watch when a move comes together.

All the best Ivan, you were exciting to watch with a few cracking goals.

Cheers Ivan , all the best. Will always remember the goal v Southampton.

Don't know about the Southampton goal, but I am sure those of us lucky enough to be at leicester a couple of season's ago will never forget his superb individual goal that night.

There were two great goals vs the saints, the weaving dribble and the run from the corner. Both great goals but not as good as the goal at Leicester which was even better when you consider his personal circumstances at the time.

The man was friendly and approachable off the pitch and a menace to defenders on it. Fully committed and honest he played with his heart on his sleeve and if only his passion and industry was matched by all members of the squad we'd be on to a winner.

Thank you Ivan, good luck. You'll always be welcomed back for a half time appearance!

There were two great goals vs the saints, the weaving dribble and the run from the corner. Both great goals but not as good as the goal at Leicester which was even better when you consider his personal circumstances at the time.

The man was friendly and approachable off the pitch and a menace to defenders on it. Fully committed and honest he played with his heart on his sleeve and if only his passion and industry was matched by all members of the squad we'd be on to a winner.

Thank you Ivan, good luck. You'll always be welcomed back for a half time appearance!

Yep you're right SARG. I was refering to the one in our first season up. Night match at AG , cut in from the right and drilled a left footer into the bottom corner. Great goal that.

daily star says it all,

dream on pal, no player in todays world has any loyalty other than who pays him the most, and offers best chance of playing in the Prem...they have blood sucking agents to feed after all

dream on pal, no player in todays world has any loyalty other than who pays him the most, and offers best chance of playing in the Prem...they have blood sucking agents to feed after all

Maynard broke his leg while at Crewe and they nursed him through it.

The likelihood is he'll show as much loyalty to City as he did to them - first good offer to genuinely better himself and little doubt he'll be off.

Why would anyone expect anything different? dunno.gif

He owes us. He injured himself last summer doing something the medical team/club instructed him not to do.

Archived