IGNORED

Dean Lewington

bobthered

MK Dons left back

I know he's their captain but he should be looking to further his career and could be good enough to step up and play for a mid-table championship side like us.

Maybe he's the type of player we should be looking at, League 1 players who need to progress their career.

I think if we're seriously in for the likes of Billy Jones and Martin Crainey then we are looking at a much higher calibre of player than Lewington who is a league one player in my eyes.

I agree why sign a LB who could do a job for a midtable team when the club want to be a top 6 team,

That said how old is he? if he's still young (21 - 24) then yea we could sign him and help him devlop or if he's 27 plus then no as he wouldn't get much better,

I am a big Millen critic but I do like the players he's rumoured to be looking at,

Young hungry and room for improvement, thats the direction city need to go plus we have the sell on factor as well (money making) which City never really have,

That and just because you look good in 2 games doesn't mean your good over the season we've seen this so many time before

I agree why sign a LB who could do a job for a midtable team when the club want to be a top 6 team,

That said how old is he? if he's still young (21 - 24) then yea we could sign him and help him devlop or if he's 27 plus then no as he wouldn't get much better,

I am a big Millen critic but I do like the players he's rumoured to be looking at,

Young hungry and room for improvement, thats the direction city need to go plus we have the sell on factor as well (money making) which City never really have,

That and just because you look good in 2 games doesn't mean your good over the season we've seen this so many time before

Do we? I've seen nothing to suggest this is the case?

Then i take it you haven't listened to a keith millen or steve lansdown interview in the last year?!

They've got to say that. But have you not been listening to EVERYTHING they have been saying?

Heard of this development squad?? Young players learning the game have bad games - If millen does what he says he'll do, then we wont see the benefit of it for a few seasons - anyone who thinks they'll come in and play brilliantly straight away are kidding themselves.

McAllister has a role to play he says???. Gerken is still here and henderson is leaving - not good, especially if james gets injured at any point.

Millen also makes too many mistakes....

We have NO chance for top 6.

I was impressed with Boyd for Peterborough maybe he is worth a look at.

their chairman is a **** and wants stupid money, he charged Forest 1 million plus just to loan him the other season,

I'd stay away from doing deals with peterborough.........vile club,

Riaz we have as much chance of top 6 as 23 other teams next season, we were 15 points off it this season and that with 6 points from the first 10 games, we're not a million miles away

a fully fit squad with a few quilaty additons at the back and I don't see why we can't

their chairman is a **** and wants stupid money, he charged Forest 1 million plus just to loan him the other season,I'd stay away from doing deals with peterborough.........vile club,

Riaz we have as much chance of top 6 as 23 other teams next season, we were 15 points off it this season and that with 6 points from the first 10 games, we're not a million miles away

a fully fit squad with a few quilaty additons at the back and I don't see why we can't

Sorry , but why does wanting to maximise revenue potential make him a ****?

If the player is contracted to the club , they are entitled to ask what they want for him. Forest must have been happy to pay them so I say well done for getting 1 million to loan him out for a couple of months.

If our board's had taken a similar stance over the years , we probably would not have lost so many players for peanuts. Andy Cole anyone.

They've got to say that. But have you not been listening to EVERYTHING they have been saying?

Heard of this development squad?? Young players learning the game have bad games - If millen does what he says he'll do, then we wont see the benefit of it for a few seasons - anyone who thinks they'll come in and play brilliantly straight away are kidding themselves.

McAllister has a role to play he says???. Gerken is still here and henderson is leaving - not good, especially if james gets injured at any point.

Millen also makes too many mistakes....

We have NO chance for top 6.

Yes, the whole point of the development squad is that in a few years time they will benefit the first team squad but right now they aren't going to be our starters. The whole point of a development squad is that it provides the foundations needed to bridge the gap between the first team and the academy. This is a good thing not a bad thing! The development squad is there to support the first team, not be the first team!

Are you also saying that Gerken is rubbish? In james, Gerks and hendo we have the strongest set of goalkeepers in the championship without a doubt! Yes hendo might leave but GK is almost certainly our strongest position and for you to hint that we wont make the top 6 partly because of our goalkeepers is madness!

Yes, the whole point of the development squad is that in a few years time they will benefit the first team squad but right now they aren't going to be our starters. The whole point of a development squad is that it provides the foundations needed to bridge the gap between the first team and the academy. This is a good thing not a bad thing! The development squad is there to support the first team, not be the first team!

Are you also saying that Gerken is rubbish? In james, Gerks and hendo we have the strongest set of goalkeepers in the championship without a doubt! Yes hendo might leave but GK is almost certainly our strongest position and for you to hint that we wont make the top 6 partly because of our goalkeepers is madness!

The youngsters will surely start some games? otherwise, whats the point. We have already seen james wilson and joe edwards start and more will follow. I think its a good idea -especially for a club like ours. But this means we will be weaker initially. Everyone thinks, if we play the young uns, everything will be alright - but it does not work like that.

For every ribeiro, there is a jennison myrie williams or worse!

Yes I suppose I am saying that he's rubbish - another steve phillips - if we had him in goal last season, we'd probabaly been relegated! he's a poor keeper, definately not good enough for a promotion push - should david james gets injured. We are strong with regards to keepers, but I've got a feeling that is going to change, with henderson leaving..... If he leaves, then millen has dropped a bollock. He should never have given gerken a 2 year deal.

The youngsters will surely start some games? otherwise, whats the point. We have already seen james wilson and joe edwards start and more will follow. I think its a good idea -especially for a club like ours. But this means we will be weaker initially. Everyone thinks, if we play the young uns, everything will be alright - but it does not work like that.

Yes I suppose I am saying that he's rubbish - another steve phillips - if we had him in goal last season, we'd probabaly been relegated! he's a poor keeper, definately not good enough for a promotion push - should david james gets injured. We are strong with regards to keepers, but I've got a feeling that is going to change, with henderson leaving..... If he leaves, then millen has dropped a bollock. He should never have given gerken a 2 year deal.

Really , I'm not sure ANYONE , let alone Everyone thinks that. I've seen lots of people asking for the young lads to be given a chance (Myself included). But I wanted to see them given a chance to see if they could cut it , not because I thought they would solve all our problems. I think I speak for the majority here.

Really , I'm not sure ANYONE , let alone Everyone thinks that. I've seen lots of people asking for the young lads to be given a chance (Myself included). But I wanted to see them given a chance to see if they could cut it , not because I thought they would solve all our problems. I think I speak for the majority here.

So, with keith millens "plans" - why people speaking top 6 etc?

So, with keith millens "plans" - why people speaking top 6 etc?

I'm not.

But I think the people that are can see signs for optimism. if we keep Maynard and add a couple of decent full backs to the squad , we should be capable of challenging at the top end. Personally I think we'll end up about 10th.

Time will tell I suppose but , its time to start supporting Keef now and give him a chance to implement his idea's.

Sorry , but why does wanting to maximise revenue potential make him a ****?

If the player is contracted to the club , they are entitled to ask what they want for him. Forest must have been happy to pay them so I say well done for getting 1 million to loan him out for a couple of months.

If our board's had taken a similar stance over the years , we probably would not have lost so many players for peanuts. Andy Cole anyone.

The best example is them agreeing a deal in January to sell Mackaill-Smith to Norwich only to up the price at the last minute when a figure had already been agreed. Presumably they thought Norwich would be desperate enough to give in. Needless to say Norwich told them to bugger off. .

If James Wilson is in the development squad at 22 something is sadly wrong. He should be part of the first team squad proper. If he is not good enough now (and he is imo, though I suspect Keith will prefer a creaking Carey) there is no point in keeping him. Unless he is going to be another Skuse and still be a "promising youngster" in his mid twenties. :disapointed2se:

Allegedly it is their right back we are interested in:

http://www.twtd.co.u...p?storyid=18462

He must have a brilliant agent, as I'm sure we were linked with him when he left Crewe as well......

MK Dons released him yesterday (what a coincidence) and he didn't get off the bench in either of the play off semis, so he can't be that good, can he?

Archived