IGNORED

Close Season

Jordan Tansley

I know that the Moderators get a bit sick of us questioning everything, and I know this probably isn't the best place for this question, But why have all the topics of any interest been moved?

I know it's not difficult for me to click on the general sport forum, but obviously this one gets the most traffic and encourages the most debate. Over the summer months there isn't that much "city related" stuff to discuss so I was just wondering if it could be a little less "rigorous" with the movement of topics.

Otherwise all we'll see this summer is "we're signing *insert player who is apparently available or fan A wants us to sign" and that grows awfully tiresome after about... well it's already tiresome.

Apologies if I'm pissing the Moderating team off with this question, But thought it be worthwhile asking for a little more leeway with topics in this forum, for the benefit of its readers.

Tah.

I know that the Moderators get a bit sick of us questioning everything, and I know this probably isn't the best place for this question, But why have all the topics of any interest been moved?

I know it's not difficult for me to click on the general sport forum, but obviously this one gets the most traffic and encourages the most debate. Over the summer months there isn't that much "city related" stuff to discuss so I was just wondering if it could be a little less "rigorous" with the movement of topics.

Otherwise all we'll see this summer is "we're signing *insert player who is apparently available or fan A wants us to sign" and that grows awfully tiresome after about... well it's already tiresome.

Apologies if I'm pissing the Moderating team off with this question, But thought it be worthwhile asking for a little more leeway with topics in this forum, for the benefit of its readers.

Tah.

Well said Jordan, I completely agree.

A bit of leeway in the close season about non City topics would help to keep this forum interesting - threads tend to die when moved to other forums.

I'd like to see all football related topics kept on this one during the break, and perhaps rename the forum temporarily accordingly so people are in no doubt what they'll find.

To be fair the mods do leave some non-city posts on the city board for a while until they loose interest, if they didn't move it it would only clog up the forum. I guess its all down to your personal preferences but personally I'd prefer the non-city related topics to be in the general talk section, I know where it is if I want to read/post it.

I don't see why we can't just have the main part of the forum for ALL football chat at all times. As long as it's a sensible discussion, there's no harm caused and every other part of the forum is largely inactive. Just a suggestion for the Moderators to consider. :)

To be fair the mods do leave some non-city posts on the city board for a while until they loose interest, if they didn't move it it would only clog up the forum. I guess its all down to your personal preferences but personally I'd prefer the non-city related topics to be in the general talk section, I know where it is if I want to read/post it.

I don't think there's any danger of the forum being clogged up during the close season, it can get very quiet on here.

By all means move them if they're not attracting much interest, but maybe be a bit more lenient while they are?dunno.gif

Archived