IGNORED

Last Seasons Targets

brad blit

Just browsing through the net this morning and read the article about West Brom and that they wanted to push on next year following this years high finish of 10.

Loking through their squad I saw the name Roman Bednar and remembered that Keith admitted we tried signing him in January 'for a high fee' and that he/club said no at the time, but I wonder if we will be back in for him again?? Also as they have signed McAuley, does that mean an exodus of some defenders like Mattock who could be a good signing at left back. OK yes we all rem Haynes running rings around him at the Gate but could be a good signing at this level.

Surely theres some other possible names to include from the squad..... Ishmael Miller????

Just browsing through the net this morning and read the article about West Brom and that they wanted to push on next year following this years high finish of 10.

Loking through their squad I saw the name Roman Bednar and remembered that Keith admitted we tried signing him in January 'for a high fee' and that he/club said no at the time, but I wonder if we will be back in for him again?? Also as they have signed McAuley, does that mean an exodus of some defenders like Mattock who could be a good signing at left back. OK yes we all rem Haynes running rings around him at the Gate but could be a good signing at this level.

Surely theres some other possible names to include from the squad..... Ishmael Miller????

Is mattock any goog because i constantly see clubs being linked with him because every time ive seen him play he looks pants, absolutely no pace which is a major part of a full backs game. personally not keen on bednar.

Would be amazed if Bednar was still a target after he decided to stay at West Brom to fight for a place, then within about 48 hours went off to a Turkish club.

Also would not fit the stated criteria of investing in players who may generate a bigger return in the future.

I see somebody has already pointed out that Bednar turned us down then went to Turkey. Why would we need Miller who has been hobbled by injury and made no impact on loan at QPR? He would be 4th choice for us at best. And Mattock is crap (ask Leicester fans) which is why nobody else has snapped him up I suspect. Fortunately we seem to have moved on to better targets.

Archived