IGNORED

Cole Skuse - Top Man

The Saturday Boy

I think it's right the club don't formally do these things in June. The players are entitled to time off away from the club in their holidays but If you have a contact yourself with a player like Matty-H seems to then i don't think there's any harm in asking. Even more respect for Cole doing something like this in his holidays though.

I appreciate the club allows players time off, but I would have expected a reply "we give players June off but we can ask around". After that response I didn't want to approach players direct but we did get an ex-player in the end anyway!

MM

In previous years, the evening post has published a 4 page special showing photos from various junior football club presentation nights and Cole Skuse was presenting at most of them.

He is a very likeable bloke who does not seem to have the "big time" mentality and is prepared to give up his time to put something back into local football.

Apparently he is also one of the first to turn up to trainiing and one of the last to leave.

My personal opinion is that he is a very good player who is worth his place in the team.

Bearing all this in mind, I am staggered when people slaughter him on this forum and at Ashton Gate.

Cole Skuse is one of us, who through sheer hard work and talent has made a living doing what we would give our right arm for.

In previous years, the evening post has published a 4 page special showing photos from various junior football club presentation nights and Cole Skuse was presenting at most of them.

He is a very likeable bloke who does not seem to have the "big time" mentality and is prepared to give up his time to put something back into local football.

Apparently he is also one of the first to turn up to trainiing and one of the last to leave.

My personal opinion is that he is a very good player who is worth his place in the team.

Bearing all this in mind, I am staggered when people slaughter him on this forum and at Ashton Gate.

Cole Skuse is one of us, who through sheer hard work and talent has made a living doing what we would give our right arm for.

As you can see I don't post on here very often but I must say reading the above statement was like a breath of fresh air. He is obviously a hard working individual who appreciates his talents and tries just as hard to give something back to our local community. Long may it continue.

I appreciate the club allows players time off, but I would have expected a reply "we give players June off but we can ask around". After that response I didn't want to approach players direct but we did get an ex-player in the end anyway!

MM

Why would they say "we give players June off but we can ask around" that defeats the object. that's like a shop saying sorry we're closed on sunday's but i can ask around to see if one of the staff would open for you.

Yes, the club could have been a little bit bless blunt in telling you no. But i don't think you can really put together an argument for them "asking around".

Archived