IGNORED

Ryan Harley

LeBlueRouge

It just dawned on me that following his transfer from Exeter, Ex city play and local lad Ryan Harley will be in a Premier League squad next season.

Good luck to him and i hope he gets a run out.

I imagine he will be a squad player at first. Depends on whether Swansea signed him on the basis that they expected to be in the Premier League or the Championship perhaps. Credit to him though for achieving what he has having sorted his early lifestyle issues.

wouldn't suprise me if he spent at least 6 months on loan in the championship after completing pre-season with Swansea. We comment on how big the step up from league 1 to the Championship is, The next step is even greater so I'd imagine that a short to medium term loan to this division would be beneficial to all parties.

Derby and Doncaster would be my choice if I were in charge as they try to play the game in a similar style to Swansea and are likely to be interested if presented with the chance to sign him on loan on the cheap.

City definately should go in for him - maybe on a season long loan - can't see swansea giving him much football - too early for him

Proving himself at this level would be much better for his career.

City definately should go in for him - maybe on a season long loan - can't see swansea giving him much football - too early for him

Think more likely in Jan till end of season, they have only just got hold of him so will give him a crack at breaking into 1st team first 5 months.....i cant see it happening so i think he may be available in jan

agree he belongs in championship club rather than prem

Think more likely in Jan till end of season, they have only just got hold of him so will give him a crack at breaking into 1st team first 5 months.....i cant see it happening so i think he may be available in jan

agree he belongs in championship club rather than prem

how incredibly strange that johnsn , millen and co had a really good look at him and decided he belonged in division 4................ I wonder if mr wigley is of the same opinion. Seems like a great moidfield option to me but i agree that swansea are v likely to give him a chance.

how incredibly strange that johnsn , millen and co had a really good look at him and decided he belonged in division 4................ I wonder if mr wigley is of the same opinion. Seems like a great moidfield option to me but i agree that swansea are v likely to give him a chance.

that wasn't to do with his footballing abilty it was more to do with his off field antics,

Harley needed that shock to wake up and get his career going which he rebuilt via Exeter and Weston Super Mare,

Well done to the lad he his now a prem midfielder some see it as us letting one slip through other like me think he would of never got to where he is now if he stayed at city any longer,

Hats off to him,

on topic I don't think we should sign him I'm a big believer in never going back,

how incredibly strange that johnsn , millen and co had a really good look at him and decided he belonged in division 4

What are you basing this conclusion on? The fact that he was released (5?) years ago? For a start players develop at different rates, people who knew him then also said his attitude wasn't the best at that time. The fact that he could only find a position at Weston Super Mare for a while suggests that he needed to improve drastically and it is to his credit that he seems to have done this and got the rewards.

I wonder how many fans on here would have been patient enough to watch him while he was developing over those last few seasons, given chance after chance, I would guess not many.

What are you basing this conclusion on? The fact that he was released (5?) years ago? For a start players develop at different rates, people who knew him then also said his attitude wasn't the best at that time. The fact that he could only find a position at Weston Super Mare for a while suggests that he needed to improve drastically and it is to his credit that he seems to have done this and got the rewards.

I wonder how many fans on here would have been patient enough to watch him while he was developing over those last few seasons, given chance after chance, I would guess not many.

He suffered poor injury's and was released by City.

After rehab he then joined WSM and worked his way back to league football.

A great achievement imo, never gave in.

Good luck to him.

He suffered poor injury's and was released by City.

After rehab he then joined WSM and worked his way back to league football.

A great achievement imo, never gave in.

Good luck to him.

Thanks for clarifying, sounds even less like he was not rated by the Management team then. It's worth noting that there are those on here saying we should release Ribs, I wonder if they will be upset in 5 years time too?

To early??? he's 26, no spring chicken. There isn't a chance in hell he's going to leave then without a fight, besides if he does to another club for a season he'd go back to them as a championship club, this is probably his one and only chance of getting a season in the prem.

Either way, Millen's already said though while back he had a look, but decided against going for him.

Based on a number of Exeter fans rating Noble as being a better player for them last season than Harley then to be honest I wonder if he's even good enough for the championship....any better than Woolford?

Thanks for clarifying, sounds even less like he was not rated by the Management team then. It's worth noting that there are those on here saying we should release Ribs, I wonder if they will be upset in 5 years time too?

according to Harley, Johnson didn't rate him when he came to City

As some one mentions below, the whole Ryan Harley debate has been done to death. He is where he is now, because he left Bristol City and had a wake up call

Archived