IGNORED

Who Have We Missed Out On?

Simon79

Have just read Millens comments on the bbc sport website about missing out on 3 players recently that have decided to sign for premiere league clubs in stead of us, but how we came close. Now we know one of the three was Billy Jones, but who was the other two? Its been a long day, so maybe im missing the obvious, but i cant think who they are. Any ideas?

Have just read Millens comments on the bbc sport website about missing out on 3 players recently that have decided to sign for premiere league clubs in stead of us, but how we came close. Now we know one of the three was Billy Jones, but who was the other two? Its been a long day, so maybe im missing the obvious, but i cant think who they are. Any ideas?

Its been such a long day, that i missed the fact that this has been already posted!

Could you emagine them 3 in our squad?

No, not really.

I didn't realise how highly rated Billy Jones was but, let's face it, McAuley and Johnson were always likely to get far better offers than Bristol City.

Setting our sights unrealistically high there imo, and I hope efforts will now be quickly concentrated on to targets who are actually likely to want to come to AG.

No, not really.

I didn't realise how highly rated Billy Jones was but, let's face it, McAuley and Johnson were always likely to get far better offers than Bristol City.

Setting our sights unrealistically high there imo, and I hope efforts will now be quickly concentrated on to targets who are actually likely to want to come to AG.

This is the dilemma I think. Of course we want to get the best possible players but are we wasting time trying for players who were always likely to go to bigger clubs? If that continues might we miss out on players who are less prominent names but who might have done as good a job? We could spend the whole summer for instance hoping we might get Caulker, failing, then finding we have missed out on more realistic targets. All very well to have a list but Keith may get some way down it before he gets what he wants I suspect.

Archived