IGNORED

Nicky Hunt

stortfordred

In all my years at Ashton Gate, Nicky is without doubt, one of the most cultured players we have had the privilege to spend our Saturday afternoons watching. The fact that a raft of Championship clubs are after him is nearly as disappointing as the fact that he seems to have fallen off KM's radar.<div>I reckon a decent pre-season, a good run in the side and a few Gary Neville-like bursts up the park and you lot will no longer be wondering why the hell we ever got rid of Gerard Lavin who is often regarded as the finest full-back to grace a City shirt.</div><div>Now I am aware that it is not just Championship clubs who are after Nicky (which league do Rovers play in?), but let's be realistic, how could we ever expect to hold on to a player who has played at a higher level. We'll miss him when he's gone....that's for sure.</div>

In all my years at Ashton Gate, Nicky is without doubt, one of the most cultured players we have had the privilege to spend our Saturday afternoons watching. The fact that a raft of Championship clubs are after him is nearly as disappointing as the fact that he seems to have fallen off KM's radar.<div>I reckon a decent pre-season, a good run in the side and a few Gary Neville-like bursts up the park and you lot will no longer be wondering why the hell we ever got rid of Gerard Lavin who is often regarded as the finest full-back to grace a City shirt.</div><div>Now I am aware that it is not just Championship clubs who are after Nicky (which league do Rovers play in?), but let's be realistic, how could we ever expect to hold on to a player who has played at a higher level. We'll miss him when he's gone....that's for sure.</div>

Fully agree with Stort. The trouble is that supporters of other teams occasionally drop into our forum to see what's going on. I really do fear that if one or two of them realise that one of our best players may be a tad unsettled at the Gate, it could lead to them starting threads on their own club fora (is that the plural of forums??) and start a groundswell of support from their ranks to put in a cheeky bid for Hunt.

I for one don't want to be caught in any such stampede......so can we just keep Hunt's 2010 / 2011 star performances quiet and not refer to the fact that he's currently uneasy here. I know that the pressure of being the bloke who Millen is obviously looking to rebuild the squad around will bring pressure on him, but let's hope that it goes unnoticed by the rest of the Football League and that nobody tries to 'Nick' him from us.

On the other hand................... HERE HE IS BOYS :sign09:

Fully agree with Stort. The trouble is that supporters of other teams occasionally drop into our forum to see what's going on. I really do fear that if one or two of them realise that one of our best players may be a tad unsettled at the Gate, it could lead to them starting threads on their own club fora (is that the plural of forums??) and start a groundswell of support from their ranks to put in a cheeky bid for Hunt.

I trust the last part of your post was tongue in cheek!!!

It's the scouts that we have to be worried about.........one look at the 'Be prepared' sticker on the back of his extremely expensive German sportscar and they'll realise that here's a player who can be enticed to their sub-standard team. How we will sob, when Nick (as I see he is now called) comes back to haunt us!

Archived