IGNORED

Nicky Maynard.

Garland-sweden

I read on BCFC website that signed City shirts were for sale, including Nickys. Does that mean anything? Will he or has he signed a new contract?

No and no. Far from unusual; he might even be in the next official team photo long after he has left. We are approaching the crunch on this I think; clutching straws time.

Your English is better than most on here, Garland. :me?:

Thanks. Im learning English on this forum, I have never wrote in English before. But I think its more easy to learn when Im a City supporter and really cars whats going on. On the future Im optimistic, Bristol is a big city. My town Borlänge in Sweden have 49000 people. City are the biggest club in West county. We have the brain and the money in SL. KM and Wigley are the good coashes that hopefully can take us to pl. The new chairman Sexton is also an important person in the journey to pl. Maybe not next year, but im conviced that in a couple of years we are in pl. At the moment Im happy that we play at this level, I followed City since 1970. Stevie Wonder made a fine tune, till I get a higher ground, agreed to that. City till I die.

Thanks. Im learning English on this forum, I have never wrote in English before. But I think its more easy to learn when Im a City supporter and really cars whats going on. On the future Im optimistic, Bristol is a big city. My town Borlänge in Sweden have 49000 people. City are the biggest club in West county. We have the brain and the money in SL. KM and Wigley are the good coashes that hopefully can take us to pl. The new chairman Sexton is also an important person in the journey to pl. Maybe not next year, but im conviced that in a couple of years we are in pl. At the moment Im happy that we play at this level, I followed City since 1970. Stevie Wonder made a fine tune, till I get a higher ground, agreed to that. City till I die.

:) You do it well and I don't think I've ever had a problem understanding your posts, Which must be a good sign eh?

How did you start supporting BCFC? I always wondered what attracted you and Tommy to support a club from Bristol.

Think we have to thank Onkel Jens for Mikaels support but I'll leave it to him to tell the story.

Can't speak highly enough of Mikael. An outstanding character and truly a die hard City fan.

We have only known about each other for a couple of years but speak almost daily on the phone.

At least ten die hard fans in Scandinavia and at least as many hang arounds. Wish more of them would post on here.

We got two sites as you are aware of:

http://www.facebook....ch/223102736214

http://www.svenskafa...ity/default.asp

:) You do it well and I don't think I've ever had a problem understanding your posts, Which must be a good sign eh?

How did you start supporting BCFC? I always wondered what attracted you and Tommy to support a club from Bristol.

I was with my parents in Germany, Kiel, july 1970. Holstein Kiel- Bristol City 0-2 friendly. I was 13years at that time. A german guy, Jens, and I watched the game. Chris Garland scored twice. Since then is City my team. 4 years ago I made my first trip to Ag. City-Wolwes 0-0. Since then I go twice a year to watch BCFC with my Cityfriends from Sweden. We are planning to come over in oct. Think we will be about 10 persons. Looking forward.

I'm getting a bit fed up with this whole Maynard senario. Either sign Nicky or find another club so we can spend your transfer money on the decent central midfielder and centreback we crave.

I suspect you're only getting "fed up" due to fans constant speculation and us reading too deeply into any word written about him. Are you really that surprised that nothing has been sorted while he and management are on holiday?!

I am happy to wait a fair while for our best player to make his decision. There would be nothing worse then rushing him into the decision, this will either push him out of the door or hurry him into signing a contract that he isnt happy with which could result in his heart being in the wrong place.

The transfer window hasnt even opened yet!

I suspect you're only getting "fed up" due to fans constant speculation and us reading too deeply into any word written about him. Are you really that surprised that nothing has been sorted while he and management are on holiday?!

I am happy to wait a fair while for our best player to make his decision. There would be nothing worse then rushing him into the decision, this will either push him out of the door or hurry him into signing a contract that he isnt happy with which could result in his heart being in the wrong place.

The transfer window hasnt even opened yet!

I can see where your coming from, but he's been offered a deal weeks ago. Albert took a few days to make his mind up, and it's not as though it was a surprise. Maybe it's different for me as a fan, but I get tired of players pulling the strings. IMO, if Nicky wanted to be here 110% he would of signed as soon as that contract was offered. He's either stalling for more money or mulling over playing for another club via his agent Sky.

I'm getting a bit fed up with this whole Maynard senario. Either sign Nicky or find another club so we can spend your transfer money on the decent central midfielder and centreback we crave.

Welcome to the modern footballer. Just drag it out as long as possible and see what offers come in, If someone was to offer him high wages he'll be off regardless of the club and the fact if he'll actually be playing every Saturday.

Bunch of mercenaries.

Nicky as a bright future in front of him and he will move on eventually, wouldnt it of been nice if he would of come out early doors and said Im staying put and show the club a bit of loyalty! The club that as stuck by him whilst he as sat on his arse injured for 7 months.

Like you say getting boring now. Sign or do one.

Im sure he'll sign a new contract. With the likes of Graham going to Swansea, Morrison and Vaughan to Norwich, which PL club is going to sign Maynard? It's a gamble for any premier league club to sign Maynard who has come back from a very long injury.

The best thing for Maynard to do is sign a new contract, giving him the year with a higher wage and to prove he is a top NPC player and hopefully bang around 20 goals again, and perhaps review the situation come January or better the summer. In the end the club will make a tidy profit, and Maynard hopefully will get his PL move if he plays well this coming season. Everybody wins.

He won't go there, they have no cash whatsoever.

More likely to go to a big championship club (Birmingham, West Ham etc, etc).

BCAGFC

Both of whom are financially challenged, (West Ham with their £120m debt, Birmingham failing to raise money from a shares issue) though if they sell lots of players they might be in the frame I suppose. Brum have just signed Marlon King for nothing which implies they will not spend big and Allardyce will probably go for old players of his (maybe Jason Roberts for instance).

Personally I think Nicky is waiting to see who we bring in. I believe he wants to see if we have a chance of going up, with him firing the goals to get us there. If we don't bring in the quality then I think Nicky will probably be off.

I in no way begrudge him of this so long as he doesn't hold off to long meaning we cannot find another striker to add to the squad.

Archived