IGNORED

Leaked Town Green Documents Story

oldfield

This is a tactic nothing more nothing less after the unfavourably report from the council towards the AV residents claims. I am not surprised as throughout most of this process there seems to have been dirty tactics from the AV'ers, such as SL stating he was under the impression the AV residents were ready to sign an agreement during mediation, then they simply didn't turn up.

Last desperate stand IMO.

Anyone interested should read the BEP and associated comments from Saturday 11th June.

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Locals-say-land-unsuitable-recreational-use/story-12753360-detail/story.html

Compromise appears to be a non runner so I suppose this will get dragged through the Courts, any expert on here able to give a realistic time frame.

I'd take anything on the BEP site with a pinch of salt and this document has been leaked from somewhere. Hope it's been digitally signed on download originally and the persons exposed

The Whole Bristol Indymedia website conjours up a vision needed to be explained by two words. OH DEAR !!!!!!!!!! sleeping.gif

Agreed, but that long document was clearly written by somebody who knows the law inside-out, and shows that this campaign isn't just being run by a handful of Ashton Vale residents.

I think we are up against some seriously well-organised and knowledgable opponents.

Agreed, but that long document was clearly written by somebody who knows the law inside-out, and shows that this campaign isn't just being run by a handful of Ashton Vale residents.

I think we are up against some seriously well-organised and knowledgable opponents.

Is that code for people with very little else going on in their lives, the curtain twitchers amongst us.

Is that code for people with very little else going on in their lives, the curtain twitchers amongst us.

No, it just strikes me that every "green/liberal" solicitor in the country (and there will be plenty of them) is involved in assisting the Ashton Vale residents who are opposed to the stadium.

This has become a subject which extends far beyond Bristol.

No, it just strikes me that every "green/liberal" solicitor in the country (and there will be plenty of them) is involved in assisting the Ashton Vale residents who are opposed to the stadium.

This has become a subject which extends far beyond Bristol.

Unfortunately I think you are correct, this application is as you state being viewed as a" test case" by interested partys across the UK.

As a result every decision reached will be appealed and will probably end up in the House of Lords before being passed to Brussels and the Court of Human rights.

It could drag on for years

Unfortunately I think you are correct, this application is as you state being viewed as a" test case" by interested partys across the UK.

As a result every decision reached will be appealed and will probably end up in the House of Lords before being passed to Brussels and the Court of Human rights.

It could drag on for years

Yes, that is my belief. Frankly, Bristol City Council are irrelevant in this process, as much higher powers than them will ultimately decide upon this issue.

I think Yoda and the Jedi council ought to have the final say.

Or maybe they know they haven't got a cat in hells chance at an appeal and are trying every last ditch attempt at throwing a spanner in the works on the 16th? If they were so confident about going to an appeal and the like why would they resort to every underhand tactic they can use?

Surely this as you say is being viewed by many well beyond the boundaries that show the area goverened by BCC. If this goes against the landowners it leaves the floodgates open for the wholesale slaughter of would be developers. If the village green lobby win this one, everytime anyone wants to improve an area ny bringing jobs and investment to an area in will face the possibility of a leagle challange. It has already been said I believe that this law was never brought in to protect such a large area as 42 acres. Are there any village/town greens of such size? We will hopefully find out this week which way BCC recomend should be followed.

It is the Green Party & people who do not even live in Bristol.

Oh & I forgot, that Sag solicitor.

BCAGFC

It says on there now that the file has been deleted.

Probably because I pointed out it could be digitally signed and traceable to the original owner of it.

Bit late now pulling it. :laughcont:

Archived