IGNORED

Canadian F1 Race

CiderHider

That race will go down in F1 and possibly sporting history. I am pretty sure it is one of the longest, if not the longest Formula 1 Grand Prix ever. Also Jenson's drive through the field and the drama on the last lap will help further put this race in sporting history. Years down the line, people will be comparing other great drives to this one. The perfect example of desire, determination and a willingness to overcome adversity. He certainly didn't do it the easy way.

The sport is fast becoming a joke. Endless rules, regulations, penalties etc. DRS this, KERS that. Bloody arcade game now.

There was a lot of excitement yesterday, but I always get the feeling that F1 is so far up its own backside that it cannot see how much of a laughing stock it is. Just one example is the need to investigate almost every 'incident'. There really isn't a need.

On the subject of safety, can I suggest in future that if it rains they decide who wins with a nice gentlemanly game of indoor cricket. If Vettel scores the most runs then no harm done.

Once upon a time we had cars, drivers and a race, nothing else. Enless meddling from stewards and gizmos has runied it for me.

I used to race bikes myself and we had no need for all the crap they've introduced into F1. The fastest guys won becasue they were the best. That's what we want isn't it?

interestingly, wasn't it Vettle who lost it on the last corner of the last lap at Brazil to give Button his Drivers title? hahah

Nah it was Hamilton who won the title, from Glock losing it on the last corner.

Great race, stunning drive from Jenson. I think part of it was the track, it was superb, one of the few F1 tracks left with barriers as run off instead of endless acres of run off tarmac.

Get rid of the Bahrains and the Valencias I reckon and bring back Imola, etc.

The sport is fast becoming a joke. Endless rules, regulations, penalties etc. DRS this, KERS that. Bloody arcade game now.

There was a lot of excitement yesterday, but I always get the feeling that F1 is so far up its own backside that it cannot see how much of a laughing stock it is. Just one example is the need to investigate almost every 'incident'. There really isn't a need.

On the subject of safety, can I suggest in future that if it rains they decide who wins with a nice gentlemanly game of indoor cricket. If Vettel scores the most runs then no harm done.

Once upon a time we had cars, drivers and a race, nothing else. Enless meddling from stewards and gizmos has runied it for me.

I used to race bikes myself and we had no need for all the crap they've introduced into F1. The fastest guys won becasue they were the best. That's what we want isn't it?

Yeah! Why red flag a race for torrential rain, we want to see blood!!!

I can't understand what the problem people have with DRS is, it makes races like yesterdays possible again, the teams had got so good they had all but eliminated overtaking opportunities. If overtaking under DRS is so simple (as its opponents would have you believe) then there should be repeat overtakes every lap (eg. car two overtakes car one on lap n, car one then overtakes car two on lap n+1 etc.) this is clearly not what is happening, and so it must still require skill.

All incidents are investigated, not all are acted on, you'd expect all of them to be investigated, just to make sure that everything was okay. If you don't investigate it, and there was something which originally went unnoticed then it couldn't be acted on. Is that what you'd want to see, a different camera angle showing some form of foul play, but the stewards being powerless to act on it?

How I wish we could go back to the days of procession races of 4 years ago, instead of what we have now

Archived