IGNORED

England U-21 V Ukraine Tonight

CliftonCliff

Team as follows

Fielding, Walker, Smalling, Jones, Bertrand, Henderson, Mancienne, Rodwell, Sturridge, Welbeck, Rose.

Subs: McCarthy, Muamba, Albrighton, Sinclair, Tomkins, Cork, Cleverley, Lansbury, Delfouneso, Wickham, Steele.

Can you see any of the u-21's such as Bertrand & Sturridge ever being a regular in the Chelsea First Team?

Seems a lot of these u-21's will end up playing for lower PL teams or high NPC teams.

Also seems you have to pay more for an english youngster who is at best average such as Jordan Henderson who went to Liverpool for 20mil, who is only in my view worth half of that sum. But for 6mil more the likes of Man Utd or Cty are on the verge of hopefully bringing in a world class exciting prospect in Alexis Sanchez.

Is there really a point giving the likes of Michael Mancienne a game? A player who is 22 years old, recently left Chelsea for Hamburger SV, and played most of his games at a poor Premier League side such as Wolves? What's the point trying to develop him when he has no hope of actually playing for the England national squad. May aswell give him the boot and move on and give the younger ones with 'apparent' potential a chance.

All in all England's national football team will eventually fall to the same ranking as a side such as Northern Ireland.

Utterly woeful first half. Endless succession of aimless long balls. Total lack of quality, possession or composure in midfield.

Second half was better, to be fair, and probably should have won on balance of play. Sturridge arguably the pick of the forwards. Main cause for optimism was central defensive pairing of Smalling and Jones. Can now understand why MU fancied the latter. Very impressive for his age.

Can you see any of the u-21's such as Bertrand & Sturridge ever being a regular in the Chelsea First Team?

Seems a lot of these u-21's will end up playing for lower PL teams or high NPC teams.

Also seems you have to pay more for an english youngster who is at best average such as Jordan Henderson who went to Liverpool for 20mil, who is only in my view worth half of that sum. But for 6mil more the likes of Man Utd or Cty are on the verge of hopefully bringing in a world class exciting prospect in Alexis Sanchez.

Is there really a point giving the likes of Michael Mancienne a game? A player who is 22 years old, recently left Chelsea for Hamburger SV, and played most of his games at a poor Premier League side such as Wolves? What's the point trying to develop him when he has no hope of actually playing for the England national squad. May aswell give him the boot and move on and give the younger ones with 'apparent' potential a chance.

All in all England's national football team will eventually fall to the same ranking as a side such as Northern Ireland.

How do you know that Macienne isn't going to play for England. By moving to Germany he could disappear from view or he could benefit. Hamburg are a good German side, equivalent to maybe Spurs, Everton or Villa, with better crowds. English players moving abroad have a mixed success rate. The intelligent ones were successful, the dim ones not.

How do you know that Macienne isn't going to play for England. By moving to Germany he could disappear from view or he could benefit. Hamburg are a good German side, equivalent to maybe Spurs, Everton or Villa, with better crowds. English players moving abroad have a mixed success rate. The intelligent ones were successful, the dim ones not.

Was going to post similar but you beat me to it!

Yeah, hats off to Mancienne- could do him power of good out there, new culture, new climate- perhaps a more patient style of football. Hamburg have been underachievers lately but then for large parts of the last 2 decades so have Villa, Everton and Spurs. Could be good for him like I say.

Spain is the way forward with football, this is how you play the game, the best club side in the world is what?, and there national side are doing well wonder why?, Xavi, Iniesta, Gerrard, Lampard, all four are world class imo, but you need the players around you on the same level, Rooney apart we have not got this, Fabio begging Scholes to come back proved this. Smalling, Jones & Sturridge i think can be as good as the players i have mention above apart from them who else is coming through of this standard. (Wilshire/Carroll aside)

I've seen no potential in this player to make it to the top grade, if he does fair play to him and as you say perhaps it will do him the world of good.

I've seen no potential in this player to make it to the top grade, if he does fair play to him and as you say perhaps it will do him the world of good.

Spain is the way forward with football, this is how you play the game, the best club side in the world is what?, and there national side are doing well wonder why?, Xavi, Iniesta, Gerrard, Lampard, all four are world class imo, but you need the players around you on the same level, Rooney apart we have not got this, Fabio begging Scholes to come back proved this. Smalling, Jones & Sturridge i think can be as good as the players i have mention above apart from them who else is coming through of this standard. (Wilshire/Carroll aside)

While I agree with the thrust of your post, and yeah Lampard and Rooney I'd go along with, but Gerrard? Seems to give the ball away too often and too cheaply I'd suggest, especially with his Hollywood style attempted spectacular passes, when quick, short passing a'la Spain may be more effective. Also tactically I wonder if he has sufficent discipline in this area- these two reasons make me question his world class credentials. Young players you list still promising, but there seems to be a technical gap whenever we play any of the top sides in the world all too often.

While I agree with the thrust of your post, and yeah Lampard and Rooney I'd go along with, but Gerrard? Seems to give the ball away too often and too cheaply I'd suggest, especially with his Hollywood style attempted spectacular passes, when quick, short passing a'la Spain may be more effective. Also tactically I wonder if he has sufficent discipline in this area- these two reasons make me question his world class credentials. Young players you list still promising, but there seems to be a technical gap whenever we play any of the top sides in the world all too often.

Watch any England game and see how often all the players give the ball away, though Wilshire looks as though he doesn't see the ball as a hot potato to be got rid of as soon as possible. Surrounded by foreign players they get by. Exposed and they flounder.

Archived