IGNORED

Squad Come August 6Th

Bcfc24

The key is what happens to Maynard IMO. If he leaves we could see a rather different squad come August due to money available. If he stays I think we'll see another few low profile signings and that's it.

Agreed. Same squad as it end of last season. Cisse, Fontaine, Ribbs hopefully fit. Lets hope NM signs.

Jokes aside i think we'll look somthing like this:

(New right back) - Fontaine - Nyatanga/Wilson - (New left back)

Adomah - Elliott - (New creative midfielder) - Bolasie/Campbell-Ryce

Maynard/Pitman - Stead

I'd almost agree but feel cisse instead of marv if we get our c midfielder .

As for left wing it depends .

If we can't get our creative midfield man I see adomah and bolasie on the flanks and let them create the chances with a cisse and one of skuse or marv

If we get our midfield man then he may start with woolford or jcr !

Balance is the key, people say why did we buy bolasie another winger?

Well in IMO maybe we don't need that midfield man with so much creativeness on the flanks !

Could be a very smart move by millen!

I'd almost agree but feel cisse instead of marv if we get our c midfielder .

As for left wing it depends .

If we can't get our creative midfield man I see adomah and bolasie on the flanks and let them create the chances with a cisse and one of skuse or marv

If we get our midfield man then he may start with woolford or jcr !

Balance is the key, people say why did we buy bolasie another winger?

Well in IMO maybe we don't need that midfield man with so much creativeness on the flanks !

Could be a very smart move by millen!

I would pick Cisse aswell but i put Elliott in because thats who i think Millen will pick sadly.

I would pick Cisse aswell but i put Elliott in because thats who i think Millen will pick sadly.

Cisse will be in starting 11 I think. He is very good as a def mf. Cisse is a keyplayer imo. Skuse, Wollford, JCR, Johnson? Think we got a descent team this season. How far it will take us, Idont know, but top ten is not unrealistic imo. Bolaise?

Cisse will be in starting 11 I think. He is very good as a def mf. Cisse is a keyplayer imo. Skuse, Wollford, JCR, Johnson? Think we got a descent team this season. How far it will take us, Idont know, but top ten is not unrealistic imo. Bolaise?

No we havent, in fact we have a weaker squad / team then what we finished the season with and lets not kid ourselves, last season was below average by a long way.

If we go into the new season with a centre midfield option of Skuse, Elliott, Johnson and Cisse....and without properly addressing the defensive problems we clearly have, next season will see us in a relegation battle, no two ways about it.

Its only mid-June....so no time to worry just yet, but within the next 3-4 weeks, I expect to see at LEAST 3 quality additions to the squad, and no.....not a winger or a striker.

We all know what positions are needed, including Millen....lets hope it gets sorted otherwise we'll have another season of poor football

No we havent, in fact we have a weaker squad / team then what we finished the season with and lets not kid ourselves, last season was below average by a long way.

If we go into the new season with a centre midfield option of Skuse, Elliott, Johnson and Cisse....and without properly addressing the defensive problems we clearly have, next season will see us in a relegation battle, no two ways about it.

Its only mid-June....so no time to worry just yet, but within the next 3-4 weeks, I expect to see at LEAST 3 quality additions to the squad, and no.....not a winger or a striker.

We all know what positions are needed, including Millen....lets hope it gets sorted otherwise we'll have another season of poor football

Agree with all this, well said.

Well for me it's looking something like this given that Stewart and Johnson appear not to be in the manager's plans.

4-4-2 cover in every position.

James/Gerken

Ribeiro,Carey/--Wilson,Fontaine,Nyatanga,ANOther/--McAllister.ANOther

Adomah,Bolaisie(sp?)/--Cisse,Elliot,Skuse,ANOther/--Woolford,JCR

Stead,Pitman,Clarkson,Maynard(or ANOther?)

3 solid signings and that's a pretty strong squad.

Spence and Caulker did not play for City in the end of the season. If we can be solid in defence, and I think will do, Ribbs, Wilson, Edwards, the squad is better than last season. Most of all injuries was in defence. Its a difficault leauge, but Im still optimistic. NM, Stead, Pitman knows where the goal is.

Spence and Caulker did not play for City in the end of the season. If we can be solid in defence, and I think will do, Ribbs, Wilson, Edwards, the squad is better than last season. Most of all injuries was in defence. Its a difficault leauge, but Im still optimistic. NM, Stead, Pitman knows where the goal is.

Our defence was poor last season, and I would go as far as to say one of the main reasons we kept away from the bottom 3 was down to the performances of Caulker. Ribbs is far from being a finished product, and where as Im with you on its time to try blooding Wilson and Edwards.....to ask them to step straight into being first team regulars, is a big ask.

Two players changed our season last season, Caulker and Maynard....and to an extent, Adomah. Its looking increasingly likely we will start next season without Caulker and Maynard. This weakens our squad incredibly.

Johnson, Skuse and Marvin have shown over the last 3 or 4 years they are limited in what they can do and are not good enough, this will not change over pre-season. Carey is 36 and partially deaf!!!, Nyatanga is garbage, Fontaine is so so........then we talk forwards, and we got Clarkson, who is not good enough

This division is even harder enxt year, and without our two best players of last season.....and if we dont address the problems we have had for the last 3 or 4 YEARS!! we will be in a relegation battle

Archived