IGNORED

David Goodwillie Will Cost £2M

myol'man

Dundee utd have told Rangers that they will have to pay £2,000,000 for striker David Goodwillie.

http://news.bbc.co.u...ll/13854851.stm

Is he worth that much?

Not if he is going to be banged up, he has been arrested 3 times so far and with the SNP now with the political mandate to press ahead with independence he may not be allowed into the mother country anyway.

I saw that yesterday, I am sure he will be on the radar if maynard goes. We cant afford to mess a 2 million transfer up though, and while he is young, and can obviously play, If you are spending 2 million on a scottish stiker I would prefer it to be from either celtic or rangers, cause at least they can play in a decent team with high pressure games.

He looks like a similar kind of talent to Clarkson when we signed him, at a similar age, at a similarly sized club, and I dont think we will ever see that 800k transfer fee for clarkson back again. Lee Miller was obviously younger, and from a lower standard when we signed him, but that didnt work out either.

Given that we now seem to be picking up good players from the lower leagues, and Pitman I think would score 15 next season, I think it is more likely that we go for this route if NM leaves - someone like LeFondre for half a million seems more likely.

Indeed.

Millen looked at him and isn't interested any more

I think our latest signing definitely signals the end of that interest - and whatever a tribunal might decide he certainly won't be costing us £2M, which is a lot on cash for a bloke who could conceivably spend most of his contracted period in prison.

Archived