IGNORED

Killkenny - Signed (Officially Confirmed)

II Wurzel II

Well Matty, I Millen's signings thus far have indicated that he really does intend to build a hungry squad if players with ability but their best years ahead of them. He already had Adomah, Maynard, Elliott, Fontaine, JCR and Ribeiro available to him and as added Taylor, Bolasie, Stead, Pitman and Kilkennie. A couple of defenders of a similar ilk would see the trend continue.

I hope my optimism isn't misplaced because I like Millen's strategy and I have enough patience to be happy to see how things progress over time.

Millen will have the squad he wants in 2-3 seasons and then we will properly push!! He's just building at the moment and getting young players in so they can develop and reach their top potential in a couple of seasons. So just be patient lads our time will come!

Hello. What I was maent is this season. 3 signings so far, maybe one more in defence. Imo you got 2 or 3 players in the first 11 to develop each season. Thinks BCFC handled the signings very good. No Donald Duck money have been spent on our new signings. It means that the Club also think in an economic way. Bristol City building to future, new stadium, big area and many people in south west. City are the biggest club in that area. Think Millen and the club is in the right direction. Everyone wants to heaven but no one will die, thats the fact in football and life. Live long away from Bristol but my feelings are good. COYR!!!

Chatting to a few Leeds lads over on www.footballforums.net they really rate the lad and gutted he has gone.

Sounds a bloody great signing

When they beat us at AG last season very impressed with him, apart from that only seen him on Sky, seems a very busy player with a good engine, i was very surprised with this signing did not see it coming very happy.

It said it one of the papers today the lad at Blackpool, Crainey turned us down to sign for Wigan.

If that's the case them im happy, never rated him. Hopefully now all our efort will be put in to signing Andrew Taylor :fingerscrossed:

I personally think it'll be a shame if thats the case. I've only come across Crainey on the box over the last season and for me, he seems a tidy footballer with a nice left peg. Looks to keep possession rather than just hoof it. If that is the case tho, then Taylor would do me just as fine.

I personally think it'll be a shame if thats the case. I've only come across Crainey on the box over the last season and for me, he seems a tidy footballer with a nice left peg. Looks to keep possession rather than just hoof it. If that is the case tho, then Taylor would do me just as fine.

He must have something for Wigan to want to buy him.

Having said that reading some Blackpool forums they dont seem bothered at all. Standard LB was the general consensus while on their Vital page it said he's been caught out many a time last year but will be missed for his influence off the pitch?!

Crainey at nearly 30 and no re-sell value, Taylor would be a much much better option. Let's hope talks go well tomorrow and we beat them dirty taffs to his signature.

Back from my hols., so a belated welcome to BCFC to Neil Kilkenny.

As one of what seemed like a relative few who had severe misgivings about the signing of Nicky Hunt from the off I'm not going overboard about this signing.

I can understand the concerns voiced by some posters as to what he will actually bring to our midfield because without unbiased input from supporters of his previous clubs it's very hard to know.

Is he a genuinely creative player at this level or simply a bit taller, bit better version of Lee Johnson, with a snarling attitude?

A lack of goals would always be a concern to me. Any midfielder who is not purely defensive would be expected to weigh in with half a dozen goals as far as I'm concerned.

He certainly can't replace Marvin who threatens the opposition box regularly and was back to goalscoring form last time out.

Of course he seems a steady Championship player and KM may have plans to give him a completely different role at City where he gets into far more goalscoring positions.

One thing is for sure, Keith Millen will have done his homework far more thoroughly than SC apparently did on Hunt so he's likely to be a real asset to the team.

Whether he's the creative spark we've lacked and he will make the huge difference required in that department we just don't know.

Good luck to him anyway and let's hope he turns out to be exactly what we all hope him to be - it's a big signing for KM and very important he's maintained his impressive record in the market so far.

Archived