IGNORED

Glastonbury

Well it's easy to see why the dear old BBC dosen't invest in quality programmes anymore, the amount of licence fee payers money spent on sending virtually every radio 1 disc jockey and their dogs and children to the event must blow a huge wedge in foul swoop. Why do they need so ******* many there?.

Anyway I thought U2 were average, Coldplay just above average, Elbow were great.

Coldplay were brilliant, U2 on the other hand were dog shite. The reason why they need so many presenters is because it has been on BBC 2, 3 and 4 at certain times plus numerous radio channels. I wish I was there, that's all I can say!

they could just play the music on the other channels without the need for interviews. leave the presenters on BBC 2 and play the music on other channels. i reckon most people wouldn't watch the presenters

Exactly it's not like the interviews are anything other than blowing smoke up the artists arses, stroking their egos even though for the past 1 hour or so the artists have played like dog shit. it's just the BBC gravy train once more. After all it's not as if we can ask these DJ's to do let's say an 8 hour day.

Chris Martin totally ****** up a song and had to apologise and start it again, somehow Jo Wiley and Mark Radcliff thought that it was a wonderful moment, just imagine Rooney missing from a yard out and Hansen and Shearer trying to tell us it was somehow wonderful moment?????

2 of them interviewing Paul Simon, why 2 and I love Paul Simon but by his own admission he was ill and his voice was not good, Mark Radcliff told him "I told Jo I thought your voice was still great and melodic", FFS the interviews are a waste of time, Paul Simon could have sacrificed a baby or buggered Michael Eavis on stage and they would still have blown smoke up his arse.

Coldplay were brilliant, U2 on the other hand were dog shite. The reason why they need so many presenters is because it has been on BBC 2, 3 and 4 at certain times plus numerous radio channels. I wish I was there, that's all I can say!

I thought U2 and Elbow were superb. Coldplay i find very average live

Well it's easy to see why the dear old BBC dosen't invest in quality programmes anymore, the amount of licence fee payers money spent on sending virtually every radio 1 disc jockey and their dogs and children to the event must blow a huge wedge in foul swoop. Why do they need so ******* many there?.

Anyway I thought U2 were average, Coldplay just above average, Elbow were great.

Dont get me started on the bbc. They use licence fee payers money, to do up peoples houses who cant be assed to do it them selves (diy s.o.s).

Then you have Total Wipeout presented by that nause Richard Hammond. People fly out to Argentina to jump around that course. Tell me why they cant do that in London

Totally agree that the BEEB waste far to much dosh on s***e. DIY is great comedy better than most comedy shows. Agree that to many Hangers on at Glasto Jo Whiley seems to be some sort of untouchable and is totally uncool boring drip. Thought Coldplay and Elbow were excellent and U2 pretty average. but after many nights in cold damp fields the luxery of a comfortable armchair and a cup of tea is the better option. :laughcont:

It's all opinions I guess. Got back last night as wasn't really taken by what was on offer last night. Highlights for me were the majestic Elbow and quality set by the Chemical Brothers on the other stage while ColdPlauge bored the crap out of everyone on the Pyramid. Finished up a cracking Saturday watching Orbital over on Arcadia. Outstanding.

I don't like the bloke or the genre of music but Tinie Tempah absolutely nailed his set on the Pyramid on Saturday arvo. Huge crowd, feel good weather.

Radiohead & Pulp on the park stage = disaster. If you are more than 30 foot from the stage you can't see anything as its a bowl. They need to rethink that.

got back yesterday and as always it was class

highlights for me were Wu Tang, Coldplay (surprisingly), Queens of Stone Age and I was also right under the Fire Spider for Orbital Tomarse!!

Personally though U2 were a bit average (bar with or without you), and although i should have seen it coming was gutted Paul Simon didnt play anything by S&G which I am more familiar with. All my mates left early aside from me and i did get paid off wih the Call Me Al finisher though.

roll on 2013!

p.s also agree with Park comments. I watched Biffy last year and couldnt see anything. friends who went to see Radiohead and Pulp this year said exactly the same thing. love the idea of special guest slots but the stage needs a rethink

Archived