IGNORED

Stewart

hinsleburg

Ok so he didn't get off to the best of starts however he seemed to improve as the year went on and i think he'll be a perfect partner for fontaine. Stewart is the only defender who is likely to win the first ball nearly everytime.

Same could also be said about Woolford, he hasn't been overly impressive but he's contributed at least 3 assists and i think had he scored you would have seen his confidence shoot sky high. I think both of these have the potential to be key players next year.

Lets not forget Cisse was written off by many on here early on and he became a key player towards the end of the year and gives us a defensive discipline that none of our other CM's have.

Sorry for my random rant but i just needed to get it off my chest.

Ok so he didn't get off to the best of starts however he seemed to improve as the year went on and i think he'll be a perfect partner for fontaine. Stewart is the only defender who is likely to win the first ball nearly everytime.

Same could also be said about Woolford, he hasn't been overly impressive but he's contributed at least 3 assists and i think had he scored you would have seen his confidence shoot sky high. I think both of these have the potential to be key players next year.

Lets not forget Cisse was written off by many on here early on and he became a key player towards the end of the year and gives us a defensive discipline that none of our other CM's have.

Sorry for my random rant but i just needed to get it off my chest.

You are right, he is a first ball winner, but I get the impression he loses concentration quite a bit and isn't too good with the ball at his feet !!

I'd keep Stewart if he were on lesser wages, as he'd be tidy back up as and when injuries occur. Woolford I reckon has been given a raw deal by some, yeah he's not set the world alight but following a settled pre-season, I think will see a different player. Some players take longer to bed in, an I think Woolford is in that bracket. He was one of Scunnys better performers during the past couple of seasons, who's provided assists and goals from the left flank. Only a matter of time he'll do it for us I predict.

You are right, he is a first ball winner, but I get the impression he loses concentration quite a bit and isn't too good with the ball at his feet !!

i agree he scares me sometimes when he has the ball at his feet and thats what would need to be improved most. He also seemed a yard faster at the end of the season and speaking to some QPR fans pace was a big asset of his, (see what i did there)

Well hes not the best is he. We all want to push on and see improvements to the team by flushing out weak links. He was a weak link last season so its natural many would like him replaced.

I can see your point about his improvement but to be honest i wouldnt want to start next season with him at the back hoping he will come good. Hand on heart, would you?

He impressed toward the end of the season and was solid at the back but we've not seen him have a consistent run in the side so I can't really judge him too widely on those performances. Happy to keep hold of him though he doesn't at this moment fill me with the confidence that Caulker did.

I think he comes in for a bit of unfair stick on here at times. Deffinately improved as the season went on and grew in confidence. Does a decent enough job and wins everything in the air.

Good backup if nothing else.

Put it this way, I have more faith in him at the back than Lewin 'Wooosh' Nyatanga!

I think he comes in for a bit of unfair stick on here at times. Deffinately improved as the season went on and grew in confidence. Does a decent enough job and wins everything in the air.

Good backup if nothing else.

Put it this way, I have more faith in him at the back than Lewin 'Wooosh' Nyatanga!

I wasnt going to comment but then i saw you mention 'Wooosh' Nyatanga! are you for real? he was by far our best centre back when he took Caulkers place towards the end of the season! hes another 1 who comes in for un fair stick!

I wasnt going to comment but then i saw you mention 'Wooosh' Nyatanga! are you for real? he was by far our best centre back when he took Caulkers place towards the end of the season! hes another 1 who comes in for un fair stick

He was probably our only centre back when he took Caulkers place towards the end of the season!

By 'Whoosh' I mean to imply that I rarely see him play a ball across the ground, not that I see him as a poor player.

I think it's a case of us having to ship players out to get better players in. In stewarts case I feel that it really shows how much we are progressing that we have to let him go to bring in someone of a better quality. KM has said that the players he has tried to bring to the club have gone to prem teams or high championship teams. If we want to move forward and improve the squad the likes of Steward good player as he is will have to go. Sad but a fact of life.

Your never get the complete player at this level. You got to make the best of what you got.

People are quick to forget before joining us he was out the whole previous season with a fractured skull. Season before this he was QPR's player of the year.

Colin came in brought Clint Hill with him and Stewart was bombed! He said himself it was a whirlwind transfer and didnt really expect it at all. He probably felt hard done by especially watching his old team gain promotion. A team he's captained and was their POTY in his last season. He's liked and rated by rangers fans.

Footballs about partnerships and no doubt he suffered with all the changes to the back 4 each week, had a couple of niggling injuries too.

I believe with a good pre season behind him a settled, fit and confidant Damion Stewart can still offer us sumut.....weather Milly does remains to be seen.

I'd keep him on. He wins everything in the air and improved massively towards the end of last season.

Nyatanga on the other hand is the true weak link and I would be selling him off asap.

Agreed. Stewart adds more to the side the Nyatagna IMHO.

If our aim is to improve the quality of the squad year on year then the likes of DS are quite simply

not good enough. He had a terible start to the season, but credit where its due improved towards the end.

If we are to progress and challenge at the top of this division its crucial that we have a quality defence. I do not

see DS in that quality mould bracket, neither does Keith thats why he would like to move Ds on.

Agreed. Stewart adds more to the side the Nyatagna IMHO.

Disagree strongly with you there,

Nyatanga was also pritty solid and at 21/22 still can improve greatly,

I don't think people have written Stewart off completely but are worried about his inconsistant nature,

Disagree strongly with you there,

Nyatanga was also pritty solid and at 21/22 still can improve greatly,

I don't think people have written Stewart off completely but are worried about his inconsistant nature,

Hmmm agree on the age part, seeing as he's young he certainly can improve.

I don't think he's a particularly bad player but has some room for improvement and hopefully he can under Millen.

:fingerscrossed:

:englandsmile4wf:

Archived