IGNORED

Taylor Or Henderson

Keep the Faith

Millwall have signed Darius Henderson from Sheffield United quite possibly as a result of not getting Taylor when he came to us instead. My question is who would you rather have in our squad?

Personally I like the apporach of signing younger and hungrier players from lower divisions rather than a player like Henderson who's been around the houses a bit. I think he's the sort of player that people would have classified as a 'proven championship striker' during our first few years in the Championship but his goal record isn't the most impressive although I imagine he offers more to a team than that.

I imagine his wages are comparatively very high as well.

Henderson would be more effective short-term, but cost a lot more. Taylor is an unknown quantity in many ways, but as recent events have proved, packing the side with experienced players on high wages guarantees little other than huge financial losses.

Henderson. Simply so the ****** couldn't score against us - again!

Seriously, if Henderson had never played a game against Bristol City Football Club, would he actually have scored any goals atall?!

Obviously the above comments are tongue in cheek. I am quietly confident that Taylor is going to do well for us. I dont think he will weigh it with a huge amount of goals but i think his all round game (from my limited knowledge of him, but based on Le fondres success) could be a very useful "club in the bag".

No question. Henderson all day long. You need a mix of young and old (usually). Hope Taylor turns out to be as good as Henderson though.

I think the answer depends on your side's circumstances. Millwall need an experienced 'Target man'. We've already got Stead so Taylor made more sense for us than for them.

Archived