IGNORED

Ribeiro

Tony Montana

If we can keep him fit he will be a key player for us. And if targets in defense are hard to come by, it could mean just buying one out of the 2 positions of LB or CB

When Millen took over from GJ temporary, he played him at CB, and he looked like the best defender i have seen down the Gate in a while!

So if he was fit we could use him in the back 4 something like this

Skuse-Ribeiro-Fontaine-New Left Back

When he was in the Academy i think if im correct, he was played often used as a left back

Skuse-New CB-Fontaine-Ribeiro

Skuse at right back otherwise i dont think he fits in the side with Cisse and Kilkenny the two starting midfielders, with Elliot adding a different dimension of needed.

However I think the ideal situation would be to have Ribs at right back with a new centre back coming in and a new left back. But if we cannot get both i was thinking that Ribeiro could play either role. But having him at right back with Adomah in front of him, i cant think of many partnerships down the Right hand side that were better than them when they played together, just ashame hes always injured !

If we can keep him fit he will be a key player for us. And if targets in defense are hard to come by, it could mean just buying one out of the 2 positions of LB or CB

When Millen took over from GJ temporary, he played him at CB, and he looked like the best defender i have seen down the Gate in a while!

So if he was fit we could use him in the back 4 something like this

Skuse-Ribeiro-Fontaine-New Left Back

When he was in the Academy i think if im correct, he was played often used as a left back

Skuse-New CB-Fontaine-Ribeiro

Skuse at right back otherwise i dont think he fits in the side with Cisse and Kilkenny the two starting midfielders, with Elliot adding a different dimension of needed.

However I think the ideal situation would be to have Ribs at right back with a new centre back coming in and a new left back. But if we cannot get both i was thinking that Ribeiro could play either role. But having him at right back with Adomah in front of him, i cant think of many partnerships down the Right hand side that were better than them when they played together, just ashame hes always injured !

I read the first four words and gave up.

As soon as he is fit we should sell him, a lovely bloke, a decent footballer but a dreadful appearance record, would be better off the wage bill.

James Wilson is probably the only player who has been injured even more than Ribs

Wilson in the centre and Ribs at right back both look well capable of turning into very good championship players if they could ever get and stay fit..

I would be happy to take loans only in this position this season as opposed to perm signings.

If either can stay fit im sure they could establish themselves and avoid us needing to sign more players on long term deals unecessarily

another checkered injury season for either and it looks like its officially ship out time come the end

its s shame really as if both of these two didnt pick up the injury problems, when combined with how Skuse has turned into a decent championship player Ithink it would paint the work of the academy in a totally different light

Wilson - one decent game against a poor Hull side and he's suddenly the answer to our defensive frailties.

You cant trust someone in this division when theyve only had about 15 league games at nearly 23. Bomb him out loan for 3 months if he impresses then ease him in. His time at Brentford got cut due to injury......like the above poster said he's worse than Ribs for lack of game time.

I read the first four words and gave up.

As soon as he is fit we should sell him, a lovely bloke, a decent footballer but a dreadful appearance record, would be better off the wage bill.

Ha ha i was the same.

I predict a loan spell away for Ribs next year and dont think he will be with us season after next.

Sad really as he's suck a great talent.

James Wilson is probably the only player who has been injured even more than Ribs

Wilson in the centre and Ribs at right back both look well capable of turning into very good championship players if they could ever get and stay fit..

Nope, Wilson has had one serious injury and was out for a year, but as his performances at Derby and at home to Hull showed he has now clearly recovered.

Ribeiro was seriously injured on debut (out for ages), came back and got injured whilst out on loan at Colchester and was out injured for two separate long spells last season, that is not the same at all.

I would like to see him stay fit and challenge for the RB slot next season but his history with us sadly suggests it won't happen.

For what it's worth with Kilkenny and Elliott our likely starting centre mid, I'd give Skuse the RB slot and Wilson a decent run at CB from August.

Wilson also had rave reviews at brentford and was attracting attention until his injusry

Where as ribs played 1 game (35 minutes of that) at Colechester and got injured,

I'd cut my losses with ribs even when he regained fitness (for a little bit of time) Millen perfered Carey at Right back which for me means millen hasn't got him in mind for the first team,

To be fair, both their injuries were massive, Ribeiro with damaged cruciate ligaments and Wilson with a broken leg. It's entirely possible their injuries since have been a result of those big ones. With a decent pre-season, I can see at least one of them staying out of injury.

Both look very good, though Ribeiro is always a right-back for me, and Wilson a centre-back. I'm quite excited to see them both play properly in a City team.

Huge year for both Ribs and Wilson! Hope they stay injury free and show us what they can do!

Even if Ribs is injury prone we have Joe Edwards who could easily play the RB role as well, yet I expect him to be loaned out for the first half of the season to a League 1 side to get some more experience

Wilson also had rave reviews at brentford and was attracting attention until his injusry

Where as ribs played 1 game (35 minutes of that) at Colechester and got injured,

I'd cut my losses with ribs even when he regained fitness (for a little bit of time) Millen perfered Carey at Right back which for me means millen hasn't got him in mind for the first team,

Millen will select the first team on merit from the sqaud he has available.

Ribs actually had 2 games at the U's performing sufficiently well enough in the first ( infact very well indeed - MOM) to warrant Ward enquiring of his availability to Millen permanently.

There is no question about his fitness, he is a probably one of the fittest in the club at the moment. But can he stay injury free ? We shall see pre season when the hard pitches will take their toll.!

Give the bloke a chance his last serious injury was Millens fault ......throwing him on without any wam up preparations...thats just basic coaching ability ( or lack of It) All of these silly injuries he has accumulated because of his Cruciate rupture would probabaly have been dealt with by a club with better medical facilities !

In the Modern Professional game you pick up injuries, and you can count on one hand the Championship players that dont. Ribs will no doubt be injurred again but it would be absolute folly to write of a player of his ability before a ball has been kicked.

Millen will select the first team on merit from the sqaud he has available.

Ribs actually had 2 games at the U's performing sufficiently well enough in the first ( infact very well indeed - MOM) to warrant Ward enquiring of his availability to Millen permanently.

There is no question about his fitness, he is a probably one of the fittest in the club at the moment. But can he stay injury free ? We shall see pre season when the hard pitches will take their toll.!

Give the bloke a chance his last serious injury was Millens fault ......throwing him on without any wam up preparations...thats just basic coaching ability ( or lack of It) All of these silly injuries he has accumulated because of his Cruciate rupture would probabaly have been dealt with by a club with better medical facilities !

In the Modern Professional game you pick up injuries, and you can count on one hand the Championship players that dont. Ribs will no doubt be injurred again but it would be absolute folly to write of a player of his ability before a ball has been kicked.

Sicknote comes to mind good player hope he has a good pre season a be a good player for the club

Nope, Wilson has had one serious injury and was out for a year, but as his performances at Derby and at home to Hull showed he has now clearly recovered.

Ribeiro was seriously injured on debut (out for ages), came back and got injured whilst out on loan at Colchester and was out injured for two separate long spells last season, that is not the same at all.

I would like to see him stay fit and challenge for the RB slot next season but his history with us sadly suggests it won't happen.

For what it's worth with Kilkenny and Elliott our likely starting centre mid, I'd give Skuse the RB slot and Wilson a decent run at CB from August.

I agree about Skuse and Wilson. Keith needs to look at Wilson pre-season and if he looks like he will be good enough, he must start the season with him. If he is up to it, give him a contract extension and keep him in the side, if not get a quality loanee in. If he's ever going to make it for us, it is this season.

A back four of Skuse, Wilson, Fontaine and A LEFT BACK would be more than good enough. I can see us playing with Cisse in a 3 man midfield a lot.

Archived