IGNORED

Wimbledon

I've not seen Murray moan/swear half as much as he used to. He's also got a personality, quite a funny one, which is something Henman didn't. If he was English we wouldn't even be having this topic would we :innocent06:

It's a great sport especially if you are quite good at it, i enjoy playing it as much as football aslong as i have a half decent person to play with, as TomF says he does have a personality and so what if he wants England to lose at football, i want Scotland to use, and Ireland and Wales!! doesn't mean i won't support them in other sports though, this being one of them, though i don't think he'll win.

I find everything about Murray fairly repellent.

His anti - England comments certainly didn't help, but he's such a charmless character I couldn't bring myself to support him even if he were English.

An English reporter asked Murray if he would be supporting scotland in the world cup ( scotland obviously didnt qualify ).

murray responded by saying, im actually supporting anyone that plays against England.

Id say that was a good response and good banter. This was never reported by the press.

The I hate Andy Murray brigade is a classic example of the over sensitive English soccer fan.

As this tennis thread is up and running (can't stand the pastime anyway) - what other "sporting contests can you win whilst scoring less points than your opponent ?

(excluding most racquet sports)

Show Jumping

An English reporter asked Murray if he would be supporting scotland in the world cup ( scotland obviously didnt qualify ).

murray responded by saying, im actually supporting anyone that plays against England.

Id say that was a good response and good banter. This was never reported by the press.

The I hate Andy Murray brigade is a classic example of the over sensitive English soccer fan.

You should read my post again - I wouldn't support him whether he was Sottish, English or an outsized pygmy from Papua New Guinea.

I just don't warm to him as a person in the slightest.

In my view a very fair response from English people to Murray's comment would be 'anyone but Murray'.

I'm sure that's the kind of 'banter' he'd understand.

As this tennis thread is up and running (can't stand the pastime anyway) - what other "sporting contests can you win whilst scoring less points than your opponent ?

(excluding most racquet sports)

Show Jumping

Snooker

Anybody else not sure about Murray, a scruff, who hardly ever smiles, moans and swears at almost every lost point, and would rather seeParaguay win a football match over England.

Nadal in 3

Come On Jo-Wilfred

FFS, the guy is Scottish, it`s not his fault he gets adopted this time every year because the English can`t produce a tennis player who can challenge at the top level of the game.

PDG

Is tennis really a sport, the only prospect of getting injured is if you slip over on the wet grass, game for posh nancy boys.

Don"t give a rats for Murray and personally i think either of the Williams brothers would woop his backside.

yours MR.

Seriously ? I guarantee you`d pull a muscle before you`d covered anything like the ground those guys do during one game let alone 3-5 sets. I`ve endured many a beep test in my time and i was quite happy with the results but these guys would easily surpass anything i ever managed.

PDG

Seriously ? I guarantee you`d pull a muscle before you`d covered anything like the ground those guys do during one game let alone 3-5 sets. I`ve endured many a beep test in my time and i was quite happy with the results but these guys would easily surpass anything i ever managed.

PDG

+1

It is all too easy to dismiss sports that we have never played or don't enjoy as 'non-sports'.

Tennis is a gruelling sport and is played at an incredibly fast pace. Badminton could also be sneered at but is also very demanding, as is table tennis (I kid you not), squash....... the list goes on.

I am sure if you went on a tennis forum there would be people making similar comments about football - overpaid, underworked, divers...........

Keep an open mind.

Murray played pretty well today- was just up against someone in a different class.

Would be good to have an English top player to support but whilst we don't I will still want Murray to win.

The 1st set was probably the best i`ve seen him play and Nadal wasn`t far behind. performance wise. The difference being that Nadal had another gear and Murray couldn`t live with it.

PDG

Archived