IGNORED

Who Is Still Needed?

Robin101

Three signings to date. Striker, Winger, Creative Midfielder.

Personally, i think that with the addition of a left-back we will have a much stronger looking outfit than last year. I don't believe we need any CB's - lets give Wilson a run of games. There had been lots of talk about the lack of academy/youth breaking into the first team, but seemingly as soon as transfer window opens we are looking to bring in another player to stand between First team football and the academy.

Also, do we need to be looking at goalkeepers? It looks like Henderson will not be signing so that would leave, in the case of an injury, Carey as reserve. Risky?

But who do YOU think we still need to bring in?

We definately need a LB and a CB.

Carey cannot play CB now as was proved many times last season (& the season before that), Stewart is a little bit inconsistent and needs constant motivating & Fontaine is injured and so won't be match fit until at least the end of August.

I would start James Wilson though, looked like he was a natural last season even though there was no pressure on any of the games he played in.......hopefully he will prove to be a mainstay of our defence for a very long time......as long as he doesn't do a Ribiero.

BCAGFC

Agree with above, a strong left-back and centre-back in and we'll be looking pretty strong. Won't be a perfect squad, but Rome wasn't built in a day, and offensively we're looking very good at present.

Although we have signed three new players only one of those, Kilkenny, is likely to be in the starting lineup against Ipswich.

The fact is we still effectively have the same team as last year and we have been unable to address the priority areas of left and right full back and centre half.

I know that this is not for want of trying but it seems that every defensive player Keith has approached has decided not to come to us and has gone elsewhere. We are now only a few weeks away from the start of the season and the defensive problems still have not been sorted out. Hopefully we will be able to do some business in the loan market much as Caulker and Spence came to our rescue last year.

I believe that the new stadium will help to increase our credibility and make it easier to convince potential new signings of our ambition. In the meantime we are certainly struggling to attract the players we want to the extent that Andrew Taylor is reported to have chosen Cardiff over us, even though we offered him more money.

Right, left and centre back. I think Wilson will be in the mix but I wouldn't wanna chuck all my eggs in the Wilson basket. He performed well at the end of the season in low pressure games. In the Hull fixture he looked very composed but that was against a poor Hull side who were already on there hols. Don't trust Riberios fitness, an I believe Carey and Edwards will be adequate back ups. McAllister requires competition at least if not a replacement. I wouldn't necessarily replace Henderson. If injuries occur a loan deal would suffice.

In a way it'll be almost refreshing to enter the new season fearing the worst. Last season was a huge letdown for many. It's looking like this season could well go a similar way, but at least it will be without the expectation of last season or, at least, it should be.

As has been said, still time for things to improve, but I'm not at all confident I must admit

I still think we have a sh** squad. We've signed 2 players from the lower leagues who are a gamble. I hope both the boys can man up to the challenge and produce form like Adomah did for us. We've got Kilkenny who I don't know much about it, some Leeds fans like him some dont. We have not yet signed a LB or CB. For which I believe we need 2 CB's. Hope James Wilson turns out to be a fantastic CB. Fontaine has been poor since our second season in this league. In league one and our CCC promotion push he was immense. McAllister should of been let go 2 seasons ago, yet he is still here and an absolutely terrible LB.

As I have said before Elliot is passed his cell by date and was only good for us in his debut season at this club. Skuse is useless and the bloke's too comofrtable at this club. I think with things pretty much staying the same we will finish around 17th this season. But hopefully we bring in proven players in. Before the start of the season. We can't just rely on young 'potential' players from the lower leagues, who could perhaps be a gem or absolutely a waste of time and lead us back into League One.

So what we need is:

1 x GK ( If Hendo goes)

2 x CB's

1 x LB

1 x CM

I still think we have a sh** squad. We've signed 2 players from the lower leagues who are a gamble. I hope both the boys can man up to the challenge and produce form like Adomah did for us. We've got Kilkenny who I don't know much about it, some Leeds fans like him some dont. We have not yet signed a LB or CB. For which I believe we need 2 CB's. Hope James Wilson turns out to be a fantastic CB. Fontaine has been poor since our second season in this league. In league one and our CCC promotion push he was immense. McAllister should of been let go 2 seasons ago, yet he is still here and an absolutely terrible LB.

As I have said before Elliot is passed his cell by date and was only good for us in his debut season at this club. Skuse is useless and the bloke's too comofrtable at this club. I think with things pretty much staying the same we will finish around 17th this season. But hopefully we bring in proven players in. Before the start of the season. We can't just rely on young 'potential' players from the lower leagues, who could perhaps be a gem or absolutely a waste of time and lead us back into League One.

So what we need is:

1 x GK ( If Hendo goes)

2 x CB's

1 x LB

1 x CM

of course signing players from the prem is'nt a gamble at all is it, Nicky Hunt proves that.

of course signing players from the prem is'nt a gamble at all is it, Nicky Hunt proves that.

Im not saying City should be going in for PL players. But players who are proven in this league, who can do a job but perhaps are not favoured with their current manager. It's taking a risk signing players from league one and leaue two. Problem is I think other supporters believe Bolasie & Taylor are already good enough for the NPC. If for instance both turn out to be duds then I would pretty much be sure fans would get on Millen's back for signing them in the first place.

']

Im not saying City should be going in for PL players. But players who are proven in this league, who can do a job but perhaps are not favoured with their current manager. It's taking a risk signing players from league one and leaue two. Problem is I think other supporters believe Bolasie & Taylor are already good enough for the NPC. If for instance both turn out to be duds then I would pretty much be sure fans would get on Millen's back for signing them in the first place.

Like Stewart and Cisse?, Stewart has been below average and Cisse has been OK, although beginning to show some a little more form. There is no guarantee whoever you sign.

As for Bolasie & Taylor, I think most supporters understand the thinking behind those signings, the outlay has been very small, so nothing to lose and everything to gain, Albert proved that for us. Just remember the outcry from the 'designer label player' brigade over the signings of Albert and Stead and they turned out to be 2 of our better players over the season.

But our best player last season - Albert - wasn't "proven in this league".

But our best player last season - Albert - wasn't "proven in this league".

Yes but your missing the point. What are the odds on these 2 lads being like Adomah? Your doing exactly what I am saying, which is perhaps fans are getting their hopes up believing Taylor & Bolasie will be like Adomah, for all we know this league could be to much for them.

Yes but your missing the point. What are the odds on these 2 lads being like Adomah? Your doing exactly what I am saying, which is perhaps fans are getting their hopes up believing Taylor & Bolasie will be like Adomah, for all we know this league could be to much for them.

Well prospecting for diamonds in the dross of lower league footie is always gonna be a gamble, NR, but how else our clubs like ours going to find (and keep) real talent?

Well prospecting for diamonds in the dross of lower league footie is always gonna be a gamble, NR, but how else our clubs like ours going to find (and keep) real talent?

It is a gamble yes and hope of finding a gem. But fans already think we have found a gem in Bolasie & Taylor without even kicking a ball yet, they seem to base their opinion on youtube videos. What Im saying is at times you need to bring in proven players, which we have not yet and it worries me. As it stands the squad is no better. We have so many trash players that even Millen said we have had no interest from other clubs. What we have to do is pick up those players who we know can do it a job in the NPC from teams who perhaps no longer need his services.

I don't think Kilkenny is our creative midfielder. Barely scores or assists so would like another CM in the Buszacky mould.

Pretty sure if we beat off other championship clubs to sign Kilkenny then it can be guaranteed he has been offered a big wage (by our standards) and a prominent role in the first 11.

What with the dearth of ball winning centre mids we already have under contract i think we will be luckyy to see another attacking centre mid come in (like Buzaky).

Pretty sure if we beat off other championship clubs to sign Kilkenny then it can be guaranteed he has been offered a big wage (by our standards) and a prominent role in the first 11.

What with the dearth of ball winning centre mids we already have under contract i think we will be luckyy to see another attacking centre mid come in (like Buzaky).

I think you mean plethora ?

Archived