Neil Kilkenny (Leeds, Free) - 24/6/2011

Outs;

Ivan Sproule (Hibernian, Free)

John Akinde (Crawley, Free)

Pat Hoban - Released

Jimmy Keohane - Released

CURRENT SQUAD

Goalkeepers;

David James (Contract expires Summer 2012), Dean Gerken (Contract expires Summer 2013), Stephen Henderson (Out of contract - Offered new deal)

(3)

Full backs;

Nicky Hunt (Contract expires Summer 2012), Christian Ribeiro (Contract expires Summer 2012), Jamie McAllister (Contract expires Summer 2012)

(3)

Central defenders;

Louis Carey (Contract expires Summer 2012), Liam Fontaine (Contract expiry date unknown), Damion Stewart (Contract expires Summer 2013), Lewin Nyatanga (Contract expires Summer 2013), James Wilson (Contract expires Summer 2012)

(5)

Wingers;

Albert Adomah (Contract expires Summer 2014), Jamal Campbell-Ryce (Contract expires Summer 2012), Martyn Woolford (Contract expires Summer 2014), Yannick Bolasie (Contract expires Summer 2013)

(4)

Central midfielders;

Marvin Elliott (Contract expires Summer 2012), Kalifa Cisse (Contract expires Summer 2012), Cole Skuse (Contract expires Summer 2013), Lee Johnson (Contract expiry date unknown), Neil Kilkenny (Contract expires Summer 2014)

(5)

Strikers;

Jon Stead (Contract expires Summer 2013), Nicky Maynard (Contract expires Summer 2012 - Offered new deal), Brett Pitman (Contract expires Summer 2013), David Clarkson (Contract expires Summer 2012), Ryan Taylor (Contract expires Summer 2014)

(5)

Squad total = 25

DEVELOPMENT SQUAD

Joe Edwards (Contract expires Summer 2012)

Marlon Jackson (Contract expires Summer 2012)

Danny Ball (Contract expires January 2012)

Joe Lennox (Contract expires January 2012)

Bobby Reid (Contract expires Summer 2013)

Joe Bryan (Contract expires Summer 2013)

Henry Muggeridge (Contract expires Summer 2012)

Lewis Carey (Contract expires Summer 2012)

Aaron-Amadi Holloway (Contract expires Summer 2012)

Squad total = 9

Good work OP,

This is how I would see next summers expiries - in my own personal opinion.

Full Squad

James - Retire

Hunt - Release/Shoot

Ribs - Renew for a year if manages 20/25 games or on a pay as you play deal as he has the talent, just not the fitness it appears

McAllister - Renew as backup if unable to find two new LB's (on the basis it's taken us four years to find one, I'm expecting a renewal here!)

Carey - Retire on the basis that he said he'd have been happy with 6 months, so I'm guessing he sees this as his last contract.

Wilson - Renew. Recurring myth about him being injury prone when in actual fact he's had one bad injury which (hopefully) he's now over.

JCR - Release - doesn't offer enough for me. Lot's of tricks and stepovers, and ultimately no end product. JCR in a nutshell.... step over, step over, cut inside, lose the ball.

Elliott - Release - three seasons past his best already

Cisse - Renew if he shows the same form he displayed when moved into midfield for the 2nd half of last season.

Maynard - renew, natch

Clarkson - Release - limited chances last year and the signing of Taylor would seem to limit them further. Plays best behind the forward line and we don't have a squad that allows that system, meaning he's kinda redundant.

Dev Squad

Edwards - renew... a little harsh being lumped in with the kids when our only recognised right back is Ribs. Liked what i've seen of him so far and shows lots of promise.

Jackson - release - been around the first team squad for a few years now and never really looked like breaking through. Continual signings of strikers would seem to limit chances

Ball, Lennox, Muggeridge, Carey, Holloway - renew... I know nothing of these lads, but would be good to seem some academy produce being given a chance.

So that's seven to go next summer definitely with possibly another three (Ribs, McAllister and Cisse) if the right/wrong situations arise.

So we have a shed load of players OOC at the end of next season.....needs sorting NOW!!!.

BCAGFC

Why?

Looking at that list I can't see too many "irreplaceables" amongst the expiring contracts. I'd be inclined to give them all 6 months of the season to see how they perform and the squad shapes up, then offer new deals. Otherwise we could end up with players we don't want or need contracted to the club.

I guess we can update this to recognise Stephen Henderson is now an 'out' (I'm assuming this means players who have left, rather than revealed their true sexuality...).

Quite frightening that we could have up to 20 players, or two thirds of the squad, leaving for free within the next year - that's a lot of lost transfer fees. Admittedly, some of those are youngsters or players who've come up through the ranks, so we could make money on should they move to a different club, a la Henderson.

If I was Keef, I think there's a few players there that I'd be starting to speak to now about renewing contracts, rather than leaving it until the new year .

Why?

Looking at that list I can't see too many "irreplaceables" amongst the expiring contracts. I'd be inclined to give them all 6 months of the season to see how they perform and the squad shapes up, then offer new deals. Otherwise we could end up with players we don't want or need contracted to the club.

Exactly. Look at the situation we are in now with 4 or 5 players that really and truthfully should be shipped on but we are lumbered with for another season.

IMO unless a player has signed for big money or if he genuinely is quality we should not sign anyone on a contract longer than 2 years.

Exactly. Look at the situation we are in now with 4 or 5 players that really and truthfully should be shipped on but we are lumbered with for another season.

IMO unless a player has signed for big money or if he genuinely is quality we should not sign anyone on a contract longer than 2 years.

So where would you draw the line? What would you classify as 'big money' or 'genuine quality'?

I mean, if we signed someone, say, with more than 100 appearances in the top division, numerous England under-21 caps, signed on big wages - but still only in their mid-20's would meet your classification, right?

So where would you draw the line? What would you classify as 'big money' or 'genuine quality'?

I mean, if we signed someone, say, with more than 100 appearances in the top division, numerous England under-21 caps, signed on big wages - but still only in their mid-20's would meet your classification, right?

Ok maybe what i said was a tad vague and mis-leading. Basically i just think as a club (especially in the Johnson era) we seem too quick to dish out deals to players that dont necessarily deserve them. Take LJ and Mccalister as a good example, both signed exstensions discreetly and are now on the books for another season when realistically neither are going to see much first team football. Ok in Mccalister's case Millen does seem to rate him, but still the desperate search for a new LB suggest's otherwise. So thats 2 players both presumably on decent wages who arn't going to feature much. Seems silly really especially when all that was needed was a bit of foresight. It was clear to see as long back as 2 season ago that both could do with being moved on.

I know people are going to say you need your ''squad players'' but for me i would much rather see young lads from the academy fill these positions where at all possible.

Goalkeepers;

David James (Contract expires Summer 2012) - Sounds like he is after another season as well

Dean Gerken (Contract expires Summer 2013)

(2)

Full backs;

Nicky Hunt (Contract expires Summer 2012) - Hopefully we get rid ASAP

Christian Ribeiro (Contract expires Summer 2012) - No great loss if always injured

Jamie McAllister (Contract expires Summer 2012) - Hopefully we can do better now

(3)

Central defenders;

Louis Carey (Contract expires Summer 2012) - Last season

Liam Fontaine (Contract expiry date unknown)

Damion Stewart (Contract expires Summer 2013)

Lewin Nyatanga (Contract expires Summer 2013)

James Wilson (Contract expires Summer 2012) - Start talking NOW!!!

(5)

Wingers;

Albert Adomah (Contract expires Summer 2014)

Jamal Campbell-Ryce (Contract expires Summer 2012) - See how he starts next season

Martyn Woolford (Contract expires Summer 2014)

Yannick Bolasie (Contract expires Summer 2013)

(4)

Central midfielders;

Marvin Elliott (Contract expires Summer 2012) - Could we get better on a bosman....I doubt it

Kalifa Cisse (Contract expires Summer 2012) - If he continues like he did at the end of last season, then keep

Cole Skuse (Contract expires Summer 2013)

Lee Johnson (Contract expires Summer 2012???) - Time to go, we can do better

Neil Kilkenny (Contract expires Summer 2014)

(5)

Strikers;

Jon Stead (Contract expires Summer 2013)

Nicky Maynard (Contract expires Summer 2012 - Offered new deal) - Vital he re-signs

Brett Pitman (Contract expires Summer 2013) - Look to extend for another season NOW

David Clarkson (Contract expires Summer 2012) - Again, we can do better

Ryan Taylor (Contract expires Summer 2014)

(5)

Squad total = 24

DEVELOPMENT SQUAD

Joe Edwards (Contract expires Summer 2012) - 2 year contract, I rate him, although size is a slight problem

Marlon Jackson (Contract expires Summer 2012) - Release

Danny Ball (Contract expires January 2012) - Haven't seen enough

Joe Lennox (Contract expires January 2012) - Haven't seen enough

Henry Muggeridge (Contract expires Summer 2012) - Haven't seen enough

Lewis Carey (Contract expires Summer 2012) - Haven't seen enough

Aaron-Amadi Holloway (Contract expires Summer 2012) - Think this kid could be a star, sign him up

Squad total = (9)

So there are around 5 - 7 players that need looking at in some shape or form at least before december.

BCAGFC

TRANSFERS

Ins;

Yannick Bolasie (Plymouth, Undisclosed fee) - 6/6/2011

Ryan Taylor (Rotherham, Undisclosed fee) - 20/6/2011

Neil Kilkenny (Leeds, Free) - 24/6/2011

Jordan Spence (West Ham, Season long loan) - 3/8/2011

Outs;

Ivan Sproule (Hibernian, Free)

John Akinde (Crawley, Free)

Pat Hoban - Released

Jimmy Keohane - Released

Stephen Henderson (Portsmouth, Undisclosed fee) - 8/7/2011

CURRENT SQUAD

Goalkeepers;

David James (Contract expires Summer 2012), Dean Gerken (Contract expires Summer 2013)

(2)

Full backs;

Nicky Hunt (Contract expires Summer 2012), Christian Ribeiro (Contract expires Summer 2012), Jamie McAllister (Contract expires Summer 2012), Jordan Spence (Returns to West Ham Summer 2012)

(4)

Central defenders;

Louis Carey (Contract expires Summer 2012), Liam Fontaine (Contract expiry date unknown), Damion Stewart (Contract expires Summer 2013), Lewin Nyatanga (Contract expires Summer 2013), James Wilson (Contract expires Summer 2012)

(5)

Wingers;

Albert Adomah (Contract expires Summer 2014), Jamal Campbell-Ryce (Contract expires Summer 2012), Martyn Woolford (Contract expires Summer 2014), Yannick Bolasie (Contract expires Summer 2013)

(4)

Central midfielders;

Marvin Elliott (Contract expires Summer 2012), Kalifa Cisse (Contract expires Summer 2012), Cole Skuse (Contract expires Summer 2013), Lee Johnson (Contract expiry date unknown), Neil Kilkenny (Contract expires Summer 2014)

(5)

Strikers;

Jon Stead (Contract expires Summer 2013), Nicky Maynard (Contract expires Summer 2012 - Offered new deal), Brett Pitman (Contract expires Summer 2013), David Clarkson (Contract expires Summer 2012), Ryan Taylor (Contract expires Summer 2014)

(5)

Squad total = 25

DEVELOPMENT SQUAD

Joe Edwards (Contract expires Summer 2012)

Marlon Jackson (Contract expires Summer 2012)

Danny Ball (Contract expires January 2012)

Joe Lennox (Contract expires January 2012)

Henry Muggeridge (Contract expires Summer 2012)

Lewis Carey (Contract expires Summer 2012)

Aaron-Amadi Holloway (Contract expires Summer 2012)

Squad total = 9

Archived